Thread: My own unhappiness about the new patch

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My own unhappiness about the new patch

Since we're all posting, thought I'd add to the chorus...

When the initial mastery system dropped, I felt sure (so sure, hahahaha, what an idiot I am) that TL wouldn't screw its harder core players over. And I'm a completionist, it's in my nature. So, I started in on mastering everything there was to master. I thought to myself "it'll be nice to have all these terrible recipes already mastered, in case there's a goal to have mastery of ine of them, and there's no way they're going to retroactively reward only players who *don't* master things, that would be ridiculous."

Well, here we are, the new patch has come, and when you get one star mastery of a new recipe, you get a reward! A mastery spice! To help you master the more difficult recipes (side-eye to french dip here...) and make it through the seasonal goals. Lots and lots of mastery spice, for all those mastery levels.

But not for me. Because I already got 1-star in basically every recipe there is, before they introduced the new spice. So my 56 mastery stars just represent a *huge* waste of my time.

In conclusion, I'm an idiot. Why would I ever think that TL wouldn't gleefully screw over their customers at every turn? Why would they introduce a partial system and then introduce rewards later to specifically punish those who bought into the system early? Why do I keep playing games made by a company that works as hard as it can to rip me off with gem traps? Ah well, I guess I can always buy more mastery spice...with gems!!! Ugh, ugh, ugh.
    Last edited by fatbearsecondary; 03-12-15 at 02:53 PM.