Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tips to go Epic

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by biologybrain View Post
    I've been planting Pears pretty regularly this World Event & while I'm not setting the world on fire, I do have 598 shamrock coins. I seem to be getting them fairly often while harvesting. It's helping me with the tourney since I'm leveling up some of my animals needed to win.
    Good to know. I think I will switch back to Pears once I have a few more event tokens and am more confident of winning all the individual prizes. These longer time crops just don't make much food!

Executive Chef
    All in all, I don't know that I would recommend going epic with too many of your super rare animals and, except for the unicorn perhaps, ultra rare animals.

As soon as I put my creatures to epic level they became incompetent and incapable in the arena. A level 12-14 creature seems to do SO much better than an epic level creature.

I wish I could undo some of the epics so they could successfully fight again.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by FigmentValley View Post
    All in all, I don't know that I would recommend going epic with too many of your super rare animals and, except for the unicorn perhaps, ultra rare animals.

As soon as I put my creatures to epic level they became incompetent and incapable in the arena. A level 12-14 creature seems to do SO much better than an epic level creature.

I wish I could undo some of the epics so they could successfully fight again.
    I can't win with my Level 12 or 13s - even if I pick the ones that should win. I just think the tournaments are rigged against us at this point... I'll make my animals epic if I like that form & keep them at 14 (or whatever) if not. Tournaments suck lately.

New Resident
    this is RorJam I Harvest Prunes and nexus nuts and I have 1140 ish shamrock coins with RorJam and will get 120 more after work at least just from harvest. and this account I just harvested and I have 1040 and still will get a few more well 13 more from my new fav Conducktor lol. thought I'd share to compare with pears. for only 74 k gold I think it's worth waiting 20 hours but we all have our styles and such. good luck everyone!

Farm Supplier
    I have 1051 shamrock coins & I've been going between Pears, Melons, & Mangos. I'm on track to get all the prizes and I'm leveling up all my animals as I do so. Win-win!

Executive Chef
    Help! I have an awfully low amount of coins. I'm trying to save up 1mill for an expansion. I had the 20 runes TWENTY MILLION YEARS AGO, I just never had the coins to expand. I'm also trying to level up animals, and buy large habitats to get the most money out of my animals. How am I supposed to do all this without coins. I have under 100,000 atm

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LonePudding View Post
    Help! I have an awfully low amount of coins. I'm trying to save up 1mill for an expansion. I had the 20 runes TWENTY MILLION YEARS AGO, I just never had the coins to expand. I'm also trying to level up animals, and buy large habitats to get the most money out of my animals. How am I supposed to do all this without coins. I have under 100,000 atm
    My recommendation is Power Pears. Anytime you have an hour or two to play the game, just keep planting and harvesting as many Power Pears as you can. You can produce a lot of food this way for a reasonable amount of coins. Use the food to level up as may animals as you can to collect more coins. If you don't do it already, collect from each habitat before exiting the game, even if there is no coin above them. You can also try to keep your social rating as high as possible so that you get more visitors that leave you a bonuses by touching your habitats. Also try collecting as often as possible.

Just know that eventually you will reach point where the coins mean very little to you. The trick is to get that point as soon as possible.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ninasidstorm8 View Post
    My recommendation is Power Pears. Anytime you have an hour or two to play the game, just keep planting and harvesting as many Power Pears as you can. You can produce a lot of food this way for a reasonable amount of coins. Use the food to level up as may animals as you can to collect more coins. If you don't do it already, collect from each habitat before exiting the game, even if there is no coin above them. You can also try to keep your social rating as high as possible so that you get more visitors that leave you a bonuses by touching your habitats. Also try collecting as often as possible.

Just know that eventually you will reach point where the coins mean very little to you. The trick is to get that point as soon as possible.
    Thank you so much! I hope the food builds up quickly, I have so many level 1s! Also for the battling/tournaments what's better? Less lvl 15s or more lvl 10s? As for basic dragons, the ones I've levelled for fighting are: ancient sloth, glacial griffin, daredevil, paradise parrot, hydro yak and a few others. Any more I should try to breed? Thanks!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LonePudding View Post
    Thank you so much! I hope the food builds up quickly, I have so many level 1s! Also for the battling/tournaments what's better? Less lvl 15s or more lvl 10s? As for basic dragons, the ones I've levelled for fighting are: ancient sloth, glacial griffin, daredevil, paradise parrot, hydro yak and a few others. Any more I should try to breed? Thanks!
    You need to make your own decisions on whether or not to feed duplicates but you should immediately feed all unique level 1s to get them to level 3. It doesn't take much food do reach level 3 and the increase in coin is significant up to around levels 7-10. Also I generally only feed an animal if I have enough food to get it to the next level.

As for the arena, a variety of animals to choose from helps a lot but you need high level animals for the last few rounds. I feel that once you are more than 5 levels below the opponent, then the level no longer matters and you have a low chance of winning. To start with, I would try to level up at least one Super Rare or Rare to cover each Element Type. For the arena, it doesn't seem to matter which specific animal you use so its only necessary to level up the best one you have for each element combination.

I suggest you read the thread Making Sense of the Battleground, if you haven't already. It hasn't been updated with the new Holiday elements but it is an excellent source of information on the Arena. Post #6 contains a list of element combinations and the best elements to use against them. What you want to do is level up a few key fighters that are the best selection against the most element combinations. Water/Earth, Dark/Fire, Electric/Fire covers a lot of combinations. My approach was to get a few key animals to level 15 as soon as possible to help out in the later rounds.

With the fighters you have listed, you are missing the Dark element. A Dark element is very helpful for the Gem creatures that are typically found in the later rounds of battle, A strong Nature animal is also helpful to counteract the Treasure animals found in the later rounds. You can also level up the common single element animals like the Pyro Pony fairly cheaply. They can help out in battle when you don't have any other good match against an opponent.

I hope this helps.

Executive Chef
    Thank you so much!!! I've just now got rid of 11 small habitats in exchange for large ones to get more coins. I'm about to start power pear harvest fest, and I'm going to try my best to get some good fighters out of the rather dull collection I have. I think aurora Pegasus is the only dark super rare I have, so she'll be my priority for now. Thank you so much for your help!
    Last edited by LonePudding; 04-04-15 at 05:35 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast