Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tips to go Epic

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by MaribouMay View Post
    This thread helped me tremendously. Many thanks to Zenobia!
    I think Zenobia is my FFS hero!

I wouldn't bother with Manna Bananas, they yield 50 food in an hour. If you plant Power Pears (3 minutes) 3 times (9 minutes total) you already have more food than the Bananas.
    I never thought about it that way. I'm not a heavy thinking gamer, but the way this game wants you to spend real $$, it's either be frustrated or play smarter.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by biologybrain View Post
    I think Zenobia is my FFS hero!

I never thought about it that way. I'm not a heavy thinking gamer, but the way this game wants you to spend real $$, it's either be frustrated or play smarter.
    The only qualifier is that I don't know how well 3 minute crops will work during a world event. Will you still get an average of 1 token (gold coin for this world event) per farm per hour? I haven't tested that myself. If I were to test it, I would plant Power Pears for an hour and count how many gold coins I get. Better yet plant them for several hours and see if you get an average of 6 coins per hour.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by MaribouMay View Post
    The only qualifier is that I don't know how well 3 minute crops will work during a world event. Will you still get an average of 1 token (gold coin for this world event) per farm per hour? I haven't tested that myself. If I were to test it, I would plant Power Pears for an hour and count how many gold coins I get. Better yet plant them for several hours and see if you get an average of 6 coins per hour.
    No, this isn't really feasible during world events. In fact, unless you have time to check your game every hour during a world event (which might only really be the case during the long tourney) I suggest planting 5h, 8h, or 20h crops so that you cover as much time as possible..

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodelle View Post
    No, this isn't really feasible during world events. In fact, unless you have time to check your game every hour during a world event (which might only really be the case during the long tourney) I suggest planting 5h, 8h, or 20h crops so that you cover as much time as possible..
    Actually, you CAN still get event tokens with the 30 second and 3 minute crops.

I decided to spend some time last night gathering these fast crops (because I *really* wanted enough food to evolve my Sea horse & I'm making good time with the tokens as it is) and I noticed the game randomly gave me tokens throughout the 1-2 hours I spent farming. I noticed a few coins pop up and I was like "what??".

I started keeping track of how many crops I had to plant/harvest to get them and I could not find any pattern to it. For example; planting only 30 second crops I got a token at my 71st harvest, then again after another 83, then one after 173 followed by another immediate token at 174.

I also got them randomly when planting 3 minute crops.

I was pretty surprised.
    Last edited by chippychan; 03-13-15 at 05:46 AM.
    Currently playing Fantasy Forest Story, Dragon Story and Bakery Story 2. Feel free to add me if you need neighbors to trade with.

Account ID #1: chippychan (FFS name: Ethereal Refuge)
    Account ID #2: LadyRyujin (FFS name: Ethereal Meadow)

Rhino Keeper
    Yes, you can get them, but it's not feasible. My point is that if you want to make sure you're getting a token each hour (without having to babysit your game and plant crops 20x or whatever to get one token) then during world events it's better off to just plant the longer crops. You can still, of course, plant shorter corps (1h, or even less). That depends on your gaming style - a lot of people just don't have the time to babysit their game that much.

Fashion Designer
    Yeah, I understand that not many people are going to sit for an hour at a time doing nothing but planting crops, but I was under the impression that it wasn't possible to get tokens for a world event unless you planted crops 1 hour or longer, so for me it was a pleasant surprise.

I was expecting to sort 'waste' the hour and lose out on tokens while I was farming but I ended up getting a few more tokens than if I planted the 1 hour crops between 6 farms.
    Currently playing Fantasy Forest Story, Dragon Story and Bakery Story 2. Feel free to add me if you need neighbors to trade with.

Account ID #1: chippychan (FFS name: Ethereal Refuge)
    Account ID #2: LadyRyujin (FFS name: Ethereal Meadow)

Executive Chef
    I haven't tried it lately, but in past world events, you could get world event tokens planting crops that take less than an hour to ripen. In the early days of the game, I planted Power Pears any time I had a chance. The reward was random, so I suspect they use the RNG to determine if you get a token. For each farm that I did this, I would typically receive at least one token per hour. My guess is that the odds of getting a token is the number of minutes the crop takes to ripen divided by 60 or something close to that. I typically would do 12-15 crops per hour for each farm when planting Power Pears.

I always thought that the advantage in food production outweighed the 1 or two tokens that I might miss out on. I never have had a problem getting enough tokens to get all the prizes in a World Event even when planting Power Pears for a few hours a day during the event. The key to the World Events is to keep 6 farms working 24 hours a day and keep the nest full.
    Last edited by ninasidstorm8; 03-13-15 at 06:54 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ninasidstorm8 View Post
    I haven't tried it lately, but in past world events, you could get world event tokens planting crops that take less than an hour to ripen. In the early days of the game, I planted Power Pears any time I had a chance. The reward was random, so I suspect they use the RNG to determine if you get a token. For each farm that I did this, I would typically receive at least one token per hour. My guess is that the odds of getting a token is the number of minutes the crop takes to ripen divided by 60 or something close to that. I typically would do 12-15 crops per hour for each farm when planting Power Pears.

I always thought that the advantage in food production outweighed the 1 or two tokens that I might miss out on. I never have had a problem getting enough tokens to get all the prizes in a World Event even when planting Power Pears for a few hours a day during the event. The key to the World Events is to keep 6 farms working 24 hours a day and keep the nest full.
    Interesting. I may try that later today and see what I get. I have been planting 10 minute crops in DS during the world event and I am getting better token return than a one hour crop.

I have so many animals that need evolving that I don't want to spend 3 weeks getting meager crop production. There must be a balance here between earning enough tokens and feeding the hungry hungry kids.

Farm Supplier
    I've been planting Pears pretty regularly this World Event & while I'm not setting the world on fire, I do have 598 shamrock coins. I seem to be getting them fairly often while harvesting. It's helping me with the tourney since I'm leveling up some of my animals needed to win.

Farm Supplier
    On my two accounts for me I breed lightning and dark creatures I still need first because they earn more then any other breed other then ultras. Even electric commons are good. But yeah I got everything to Lvl 7 and most of the earth-nature commons to 10 and they still don't make much lol. I get animals to 15 for tournament and battlegrounds, Dark-fire, electric-nature, electric-earth, water-earth, dark-water, nature-fire, earth-fire, earth-nature. I have both treasure animals to 15, Santa paws, steam trunk and any gem animals I have. For fruit I only grow rune prunes. Only after I had a few million did I start growing nexus nuts or charm cherries after I harvest the prunes mainly to get my timer to before work on my second account or after work for RorJam. But with the Treent and haeron prices probably I'd only grow prunes. I had no gems creatures for the longest! I only got my unicorns from sales but was able to breed ruby.
    For my second account I have big habitats for: water, earth, fire, nature. Small habitats for all my dark and electric creatures with no gems and since Leveling up to 7-10 with super rares to 15(of the above mentioned combos) I've made 9 million in a couple months plus haerons expense, but I grow nexus nuts because it takes to long to build up runes so I have time to make the rest of the gold needed for Treent.
    FFS lvl 50 RorJam Albie's Forest album 193/219
    CS lvl 33 RorJam Albie's Forest
    ( Looking for neighbors on CS )

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast