Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tips to go Epic

Farm Supplier

Lightbulb Tips to go Epic

What tips do you have for struggling players trying to gain Epic animals about farming, leveling up animals, etc?

Growing enough food to level my animals up have become a several day process (boring and frustrating) especially since I'm also trying to expand to the Treent (10,000,000 coins really?!?!). I'm also having a really hard time deciding which animals to level up first. I play quite frequently - growing mana bananas during the day and harvesting them roughly around their ripening time. I'm a Level 40 now with 62 of the animals in the album, but I've only been playing since Thanksgiving or so. I just recently read through one of the threads here about trying to have all animals at least a level 7 to gain maximum coins, so I've been doing that as well.

The Epics I have are
    Sloth
    Treebra
    Vinotar
    Pyro Pony
    Hydro Yak

Close to Epics I have are
    Santa Claws 13
    Pandaffodil 13
    Amordillo 13
    Frost fang 14
    Thorilla 12
    Twilight Troll 12
    Smitten Kitten 12
    Terroir 11
    Hedgehog 11
    Blizzard 10

Check out my island - biologybrain

Rhino Keeper
    my tip would be try and get as many different elements up that you can and concentrate on super rares. You have 2 nature/rock hybrids up to epic which is a little bit of a waste. try and get at least 1 of each element up that you can in order to help you in tournaments, after that, you can work on making those doubles, so 2 fire 2 dark etc etc. Im not the most s****ed or oldest member playing the game but that might be a start for you
    ID : keller63
    Fantasy Forest: LVL 29

Rhino Keeper
    Personally, I get everything up to level 10 in my forest, and then if I have any time/money/food leftover I epic a few key animals for tournaments.

So far I have an epic water-earth (glacial griffin), nature-fire (vinotaur), nature-earth (ancient sloth), and electric-earth (thorilla) and they do the bulk of the heavy lifting during tournaments. My next goal is probably electric-dark (rumblebee - it's not a widely used combo but it counters one or two animal types) and after that maybe fire-earth (most of the cases you can use fire-earth you can use one of the above 4 instead, though). I also have gem animals, but those take up so much more food that I'd rather focus on my super-rares (which actually have a good time in tournaments recently).

So my advice in terms of which animals to epic (in your case, biologybrain) would be an electric-earth and a water-earth for sure. (So, Thorilla & Blizard respectively.)

As to anyone else, the biggest advice would be to focus on key elements first. The four I listed are probably the most useful. Nature-fire, electric-earth, and water-earth more-so than nature-earth. Most of those you can get through battlegrounds prizes, and nature-fire seems to be very commonly bred as a newbie. As for how to do it - if you're new, and you have time to babysit your game, plant pears (I think?) every 3 minutes. If you're an older player with way more coin generation, plant charm cherries every hour - not only do you not have to babysit your game as often, but you get a ton of food at once.

Farm Supplier
    Thanks Keller63 & Vodelle!

I know having 2 nature-earth hybrids is a waste (at least now I do), but I couldn't resist making my Treebra an Epic since I'm a huge horse fanatic.

I guess I'm mid-ways between a newbie and an oldie. Would you recommend I level all my animals up to Level 7/10 before trying to Epic any more of them - to have a better base to generate coins?

Executive Chef
    I have a bunch of tips in this thread. I think a lot of them would be relevant to your stage of the game, bio.

Executive Chef
    I'm trying to get an epic of each type in super rare, if it's available.

eg dark earth, electric fire etc. if i at avens got super rares (and there are PLENTY of those) I'm going for rare.

To do that I plant 5 hour crops when I can, and 20 hour crops during world events. I only have 1 grand farm but would love to have 6. It's a space problem for me, not money - I have over 50 million coins just sitting there waiting for the day they offer an animal for coins. HA!

Farm Supplier
    Zenobia - I knew I'd read about leveling up to 7 somewhere, but I couldn't remember/find it again! Thanks for linking it here!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    I have a bunch of tips in this thread. I think a lot of them would be relevant to your stage of the game, bio.
    This thread helped me tremendously. Many thanks to Zenobia!

I wouldn't bother with Manna Bananas, they yield 50 food in an hour. If you plant Power Pears (3 minutes) 3 times (9 minutes total) you already have more food than the Bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by keller63 View Post
    my tip would be try and get as many different elements up that you can and concentrate on super rares. You have 2 nature/rock hybrids up to epic which is a little bit of a waste. try and get at least 1 of each element up that you can in order to help you in tournaments, after that, you can work on making those doubles, so 2 fire 2 dark etc etc. Im not the most s****ed or oldest member playing the game but that might be a start for you
    The biggest problem I have is they look different at Epic. Today I forgot and turned my Mardi Gras he looks so pale he was my favorite now he looks blah.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by itdragson View Post
    The biggest problem I have is they look different at Epic. Today I forgot and turned my Mardi Gras he looks so pale he was my favorite now he looks blah.
    I really dislike the epics for pretty much all the animals... so I totally get this. Glad I'm not the only one. Personally I think the epics stand out in a pretty ugly way... I prefer the "normal" looks, so I refuse to level any of mine to 15. Tough to say how big an impact this has on my tournaments... I can definitely still win them and they rely pretty heavily on luck anyway. Plus I can get away with growing way less crops. And my forest stays attractive... I really enjoy looking at my animals so I don't ever want them to be epically ugly lol.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast