Page 51 of 172 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 3/12/15 The Flower Frenzy Event!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by shooshemc View Post
    Question...do the "bunch of flowers" that can be made in the potion shop also count? I just harvested 40 crops and got 3 tulips. At this rate, it will be Christmas before I get enough tulips to join the world event. I have 2 conservatories and just visited both and got 0 tulips. I harvest my various flowers and am lucky to get 2 tulips. Am I being paranoid, or is my game not working properly?
    The bunches of flowers that you can craft are needed to update the garden. They are not counted as part of the total tulips for prizes.

Flowers have not really been dropping petals for me either. I'm getting most of mine from boars and crops.
    **HAPPY 2019**
    I am taking a break from all games now.
    Apologies to all neighbors and hope to see you again soon!

DS = Tuffyland (167) CS = Wiggly Valley (50) FFS = bunnyville (116)
    FS2 = Bailey's Acres (48) RS2 = Bob's Bistro (52) BS2 (34) ~~ DC:M (23)

Spirtwind, can you confirm that the community prizes are decorations like the individual prizes? I think most of us were hoping they dropped items or at least coins.

Executive Chef
    Over 24 hours in and I have 157 tulips, not good. I caved and built five conservatories today, I already had two, so a total of seven now. I was maxed on all the resources needed (except wooden beams, I was a little low on them, had maybe 45) to build them so I just did it. I'm not happy I had to do it and part of me wishes I didn't cave but what's done is done. I don't even see them helping me that much, I will be woefully short on tulips by the end of this event. There is no chance for lower level players to do well here, I remember I could barely make enough coin to buy the basic buildings when I was in the early stages of the game, so amassing this amount of conservatories is simply not feasible for lower level players. This event isn't an even playing field at all, I feel bad for these players, especially the ones who have to suffer through this as their first world event. It's disheartening.

I don't think I've complained so much about a feature since the powers that be (dare I mention it!) changed all the pricing in BS....what a fracas that was. I kind of feel the same about this. I'm tired of it already, I can't seem to invest myself in it and I wish I could shut up going on about it but alas I really enjoy these games and this just bothers me. When you're so used to collecting and hoarding and building and planting and adventuring and collecting some more, well it's hard to turn it off. So I keep plugging away but I'm not enjoying it and I'm basically just going through the motions.

On a good note, I got both a glove and a shears on my last collection from the garden.
    "Style is a simple way of saying complicated things"
    (Jean Cocteau)
    "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all"
    (Harriet Van Horne)
    "If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave"
    (Mo Willems)

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by AuntyRose32 View Post
    Over 24 hours in and I have 157 tulips, not good. I caved and built five conservatories today, I already had two, so a total of seven now. I was maxed on all the resources needed (except wooden beams, I was a little low on them, had maybe 45) to build them so I just did it. I'm not happy I had to do it and part of me wishes I didn't cave but what's done is done. I don't even see them helping me that much, I will be woefully short on tulips by the end of this event. There is no chance for lower level players to do well here, I remember I could barely make enough coin to buy the basic buildings when I was in the early stages of the game, so amassing this amount of conservatories is simply not feasible for lower level players. This event isn't an even playing field at all, I feel bad for these players, especially the ones who have to suffer through this as their first world event. It's disheartening.

I don't think I've complained so much about a feature since the powers that be (dare I mention it!) changed all the pricing in BS....what a fracas that was. I kind of feel the same about this. I'm tired of it already, I can't seem to invest myself in it and I wish I could shut up going on about it but alas I really enjoy these games and this just bothers me. When you're so used to collecting and hoarding and building and planting and adventuring and collecting some more, well it's hard to turn it off. So I keep plugging away but I'm not enjoying it and I'm basically just going through the motions.

On a good note, I got both a glove and a shears on my last collection from the garden.
    I feel your pain as I've barely accumulated 150 tulips in 24 hours, but I'm also building conservatories (need them for sister sister anyways), but, when you think about it 157 tulips x 22 days = 3,454 tulips so.....I figure if I can get 150 per day in 20 days, that will give me 3,000 and I won't feel too badly about it. Since right now it is all deco anyways.... *shrugs*

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    Ok I caved and am giving in to the peer pressure of more conservatories....I'm going to need them soon anyways since I think I have sister sister coming up on me. I'm going to have to take some time this weekend and revamp my whole kingdom as right now it's a disaster from trying to find room to fit these conservatories. I've needed something to do with my 3+ million coins, guess this is it. LOL!!
    Ha...I just seen this and I've just posted about caving to the peer pressure of more conservatories too. I've yet to do sister sister also. I didn't revamp nothing, I was a bit annoyed about building them so I just threw them into my kingdom haphazardly and there they'll stay until I can store them again. My place looks drunk or unbalanced with the amount of conservatories, I'm ignoring my desperate need to straighten things out and make it look tidy again. Basically I'm arguing with my conservatories and it's not even their fault.
    (Jean Cocteau)
    (Harriet Van Horne)
    (Mo Willems)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    I feel your pain as I've barely accumulated 150 tulips in 24 hours, but I'm also building conservatories (need them for sister sister anyways), but, when you think about it 157 tulips x 22 days = 3,454 tulips so.....I figure if I can get 150 per day in 20 days, that will give me 3,000 and I won't feel too badly about it. Since right now it is all deco anyways.... *shrugs*
    Yep, put like that....maybe I see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.
    (Jean Cocteau)
    (Harriet Van Horne)
    (Mo Willems)

Host(ess)
    Event is going well. Focused on building conservatories and doing energy trades. So far have alittle over 380 tulips. Will easily be able to do 200 a day with conservatories and castle garden while harvesting strawberries and glimmer plants. Its annoying and boring, but its what i think is nesscessary to get the prizes. ( even though they all seem to be deco

Farm Supplier
    I only have 8 conservatories and it says: "you're at your limit. Please level up to build more structures of this type." Well I'm level 50 and have been for a while. Am I missing something here? I tried putting some of my coin buildings in storage but that didn't do anything. I'm only at 170 tulips so this is not going well for me so far...

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GarfieldandPookie View Post
    Spirtwind, can you confirm that the community prizes are decorations like the individual prizes? I think most of us were hoping they dropped items or at least coins.
    I can, of course...

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranda View Post
    I only have 8 conservatories and it says: "you're at your limit. Please level up to build more structures of this type." Well I'm level 50 and have been for a while. Am I missing something here? I tried putting some of my coin buildings in storage but that didn't do anything. I'm only at 170 tulips so this is not going well for me so far...
    you can only have (is it?) 43 royal buildings. Maybe look at selling off some watchtowers as they are very easy to replace.