Page 1 of 165 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 3/12/15 The Flower Frenzy Event!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Castle Story: 3/12/15 The Flower Frenzy Event!

Hello everyone,

Wake up and smell the flowers! Spring is here, and we've got a treat for you. So put on some warm spring clothes, take some allergy medicine, and join us with the rest of the community in this exciting springtime event!

Flower Frenzy Event!
    Starts: 03/12/2015 12PM PDT - Ends: 04/03/2015 12PM PDT
    Summary: With the coming of spring, the Baron needs your help constructing a Garden fit for nobles! Collect Tulips and get special prizes only available this spring! You will need to be at least level 15+ to participate.

You can find Tulips from the following places:
    Castle Garden - Upgrade it with more Tulips!
    Collecting Crops
    Defeating Enemies
    Collecting from the Conservatory
    Collecting from Flowers

The Honorable Panda
    The Flower Frenzy Event!
    (prepared by SW)

Tips and Notes:
    *Starts: 03/12/2015 12PM PDT - Ends: 04/03/2015 12PM PDT
    *Available on android version 1.2.5.2g - the counter will only show if you are this version of the game.
    *New in Market: 60,000 coins for an iron fence door in the market under featured. (Tip: the metal gate fits with any wall ONLY if you have it facing SW on the kingdom board. Not sure if that makes sense, but if it doesn't fit with your walls, rotate it.) THIS WAS A BUG AND HAS BEEN FIXED...
    *The total number of tulips is updated as soon as the Tulips drop, not when they are collected.
    *If your dragon topiary changes spots, try putting in and out of storage.

Where can I get tulips from?
    Crops: Corn, Wheat, Tomato, Sugar Cane, Hot Pepper, Strawberry, Carrot, Cabbage, Glimmerbulb, Cocoa, Fellora Plant
    Building: Conservatory
    Beasts: Skunkupine, Fangbeast, Glimmer Troll, Glimmer Golem, Dire Boar
    Flowers: Iceland Poppy Patch, Talinum Auranticum, White Trillium, Blue-Flower Penstemon, Rocket Larkspur, Red Trillium, Multi-Color Hedge, Faerie Flowerbed
    Castle Garden

Help! The tulips aren't going into my inventory!
    You will find there is a counter on the top right of screen. All tulip counts go there. The flowers are not placed in your inventory.

Help! I can't see the upgrade button?
    if you do not see the upgrade button, click somewhere else on the board and then click on the garden. The buttons should return. Force close if still not showing.

Will the tulips drop even if the crop or flower is maxed out?
    YES! You'll also get the xp and coins (for crops) if you're maxed on both as normal.

Best Drop Rates
    1. Conservatory - have as many as you can as they have a guaranteed drop of 2 per collection.
    2. Beasts - if you have the Troll Sparing Pit, collect from this as you'll always get a troll to fight. Make sure you clear off any other beasts first or a troll will not spawn.

Materials for a Conservatory
    6 fancy beam, 6 fancy blocks, 4 super glue, 15 red petals
    *** You may need to sell other royal buildings if you want to build more conservatories! Maximum was reported at 15, but there have been further reports of players with more than 15, so it's possible.***
    Tip from player: 12 Conservatories. 2 hours per collection!! 9 Collections a day, 12 building giving 2 tulips each time for 22 days is 4752 tulips! 8 collections a day is still 4224! Even easier: 8 collections a day, 10 conservatories, 22 days is still 3520! Good luck...

Does the level of your conservatory have any impact on the number of tulip drops?
    No, any level will drop 2 at each collection. All levels have a 2 hour collection.

What to do with excess petals?
    build a conservatory, upgrade a conservatory, make dye, build a theatre (Link to Building Guide), make floral glow!

Where do I get Gloves from?
    Castle Garden only

Where do I get Clippers from?
    Castle Garden only

My Dragon Topiary moves to Different Spots
    Try putting it in and out of storage

Do gloves and clippers drop once I've upgraded the garden to L8?
    Yes! They will continue to drop until the event timer runs out.

Goals!
    Build the Castle Garden
    Level 1: 2 wooden beam, 2 stone block, 10 water, 10 glimmerdust - 50/4 hours
    Level 2: 4 fancy beams, 15 water, 10 glimmerdust, 4 fancy block - 350/4 hours
    Level 3: 30 fish, 20 water, 3 bunches of flowers, 5 garden gloves - 350/4 hours
    * For each Bunch of flowers you need 5 blue, white, & purple petals. (ones in inventory count) Potion shop, 30 minutes
    * Gloves come from collecting from the Castle Garden
    Level 4: 40 coal, 3 bunches of flowers, 3 garden clippers, 8 garden gloves - 350/4 hours
    Level 5: 3 super glue, 5 bunch of flowers, 4 garden clippers, 8 garden gloves - 350/4 hours
    Level 6: 3 super glue, 5 bunch of flowers, 5 garden clippers, 10 garden gloves
    Level 7: 4 royal beam, 5 bunch of flowers, 5 garden clippers, 10 garden gloves
    Level 8: 4 royal block, 5 bunch of flowers, 5 garden clippers, 10 garden gloves

Tulip Drops from the Castle Garden
    Level 1: 5
    Level 2: 5
    Level 3: 8
    Level 4: 12
    Level 5: 16
    Level 6: 21
    Level 7: 28
    Level 8: 36

Additional Drops from the Castle Gardens Level 7 or 8 (as updated 2nd April)
    Fish, mermaid scales, all petals, mushroom, glimmerdust

How does this event work? UPDATED
    To get the first individual prize, you need to collect 350 tulips. When you reach the 350, the next individual prize opens up for you.
    Once you reach 950, you are eligible for any and all of the prizes that are earned by the community (shown on the second row).

Stormie's kingdom has all of the prizes out on display.
    Individual Prizes:
    1. 350 tulips - bird bath - size 1x1
    2. 750 tulips - bundle with 35 wrought iron walls, 10 wrought iron poles, 50 filigree path
    3. 1850 tulips - Dragon Topiary - size 1x2
    4. 3000 tulips - bundle with 50 Filigree Paths, 35 Wrought-Iron Walls and 5 Wrought-Iron Gates. You only receive the Wrought-Iron Poles in the second individual prize.
    5. 4600 tulips - Meadow - size 2x2
    It has been posted that all of the individual prizes are decorative only.
    Note: WROUGHT IRON FENCE & POLES are worth 3 ROYAL POINTS each.

Community Prizes: unlocks at 950 tulips
    1. Garden Patio Set - size 1x1
    2. Garden Pond - size 2x2
    3. Alicorn Topiary - size 1x2

1. Garden: Impossible
    Build a Castle Garden
    To build you need: 2 wooden beam, 2 stone block, 10 water, 10 glimmerdust
    Reward: 70 coin, 3xp

2. Petal to the Metal
    Visit the conservatory x1 (skip 5 gems)
    Reward: 70 coin, 3xp

3. Fantasy Fountains
    Upgrade the Castle Garden to level 4 (refer above for all upgrade information)
    Reward: 70 coin + 3xp + 40 tulips

4. Stalling for Thyme
    60 corn
    30 wheat
    60 tomatoes
    30 sugarcane
    Reward: 70 coins + 3xp + 40 tulips

5. Agua-Kazaam
    30 fur
    30 rat tails
    30 creep tooth
    Reward: 70 coins + 3xp + 40 tulips

6. The Faux Fountain
    Upgrade the Castle Garden to level 8
    Reward: 70 coins + 3xp

7. Tea Time
    120 milk
    2 sugar
    Reward: 70 coins + 3xp

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Hi all, quick update and I'll put this in post 2 as well... I sent a question through to TL about the Tea Time goal questioning whether or not it needs to be done and its purpose given it doesn't reward any tulips. This goal is basically your choice whether you complete it or not and won't affect any other progress in the event.

So, if you'd rather use your milk elsewhere, that's fine. If you've already completed it, that's ok too. I haven't heard whether or not there are any additional goals this week either.

Any unfinished goals will disappear when the event expires as is normal practice.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    Thanks for your feedback! The rewards from this event are not related to the previous wedding themed update. The prizes you receive from this event are flower related. Once you fully upgrade the Castle Garden, it becomes a beautiful garden with flowers added to them. The Wrought-Iron items all have flowers on them. So you're still getting floral themed items!

In the second post, there is a list of flowers that do drop Tulips for the event. Please keep in mind that you won't receive Tulips from every collection. Here's a list of flowers that will drop Tulips:

Flowers: Iceland Poppy Patch, Talinum Auranticum, White Trillium, Blue-Flower Penstemon, Rocket Larkspur, Red Trillium, Multi-Color Hedge, Faerie Flowerbed
    Sorry for the confusion. I meant they weren't related to those updates as these items are obtained from the event that is going on and isn't part of the wedding storyline.

The Castle Gardens will drop Coins and XP after the event is over. Also, we have forwarded your feedback on having more items that drop items instead of decorations.
    THE ABOVE QUOTE IS NOW OUT OF DATE AS ON 2ND APRIL THIS HAS BEEN POSTED BY PIKASQUIRREL: (emphasis added by SW)
    Hey everyone,

We'd like to thank you for all of the feedback you have provided us for this event! They're all very helpful and will be considered when our game team plans a similar event in the future.

We took your feedback and have added additional items to drop from the level 7 and level 8 Castle Garden. These items will drop during the remainder of the event and also will continue to drop after the event is over. Hopefully, this will encourage you to keep your Castle Garden in your Kingdom even after the event is over!

20 March: The descriptions behind the items has been fixed. This post is in relation to this from TL:
    Sorry guys, this has been reported and fixed! These items are not part of the wedding and were made for the Flower Frenzy Event. The descriptions were incorrectly set, they were descriptions reused from the previously released wedding items. The descriptions for the prizes have been updated!
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 04-02-15 at 09:13 PM. Reason: adding info on Dragon Topiary

Rhino Keeper
    What is castle garden? Is it the flowers, the plots or a building?

Has anyone checked out Stormies Castle? It shows all the prizes from the event.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by tazdeil View Post
    Has anyone checked out Stormies Castle? It shows all the prizes from the event.
    Yup, thanks for noticing! Looks great, but lvl 8 for the castle graden seems way high... The rest seems only decoration...

Thumbs down Drop Rates Very Low

Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    The Flower Frenzy Event!
    (prepared by SW)

Tips and Notes:
    *Starts: 03/12/2015 12PM PDT - Ends: 04/03/2015 12PM PDT

How does this event work? UPDATED
    To get the first individual prize, you need to collect 350 tulips. When you reach the 350, the next individual prize opens up for you.
    Once you reach 950, you are eligible for any and all of the prizes that are earned by the community (shown on the second row).
    It will take until April 3 to get the first individual prize with the drop rates of Tulips being very few. So far my conservatories have only given me two tulips per collection. Harvesting crops and watering flowers yield maybe One Tulip out of 15 to 20 crops harvested or flowers watered. I'm not getting many Gloves or Shears either.

I have a problem getting rat tails for the Agua-Kazaam part of the event. Since reaching the Agua-Kazaam, I am only receiving about 1 rat tail per day. Will I make it to the end of the event???

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonstoneJr View Post
    I have a problem getting rat tails for the Agua-Kazaam part of the event. Since reaching the Agua-Kazaam, I am only receiving about 1 rat tail per day. Will I make it to the end of the event???
    You should make it as that goal doesn't stop you from upgrading your garden and collecting tulips and there's still a lot of time left. While you're trying to get the rat tails, keep collecting from it and get the clippers and gloves and you should be fine.

I have been collecting from the garden for 2 days and still haven't dropped clippers?.. This is really slowing me down!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonstoneJr View Post
    Try planting corn and wheat to trigger skunkupines, you should get tulips from the crops and tulips plus rat tails from the skunkupines. See the Hub nugget #5 for other crops that trigger them, but those two work well for me.

Page 1 of 165 123451151101 ... LastLast