Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to buy locked goal items ?

Executive Chef
    Oh well, at least they are not taunting me anymore!
    If all the locked goals that we did not do ( for joining after ) are going to be removed,
    Then why not remove them once and for all ?
    Why taunt us with items we will never get?!
    Anyway, thanks for the help
    💎💎Gem confirmation button please!💎💎

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Wipeout4321 View Post
    Thank you Frozen Turtle, I think that is the fair way to do it. After all, people worked hard for them a couple of years ago so I like that they are still locked. I am sorry to everyone, but just the way I feel about it.
    Haha, I can understand where you are coming from.
    I myself don't care if anyone get the chance to buy locked goals items, I'd be happy for them.
    My take on this issue, is that why keep the goals in the deco list, if we won't have the chance to do them.
    Let S8 just remove them from our list, and don't taunt us with items we will NEVER have the chance to get.
    Simple.
    Last edited by Liloze; 03-12-15 at 06:26 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Liloze View Post
    Oh well, at least they are not taunting me anymore!
    If all the locked goals that we did not do ( for joining after ) are going to be removed,
    Then why not remove them once and for all ?
    Why taunt us with items we will never get?!
    Anyway, thanks for the help
    Quote Originally Posted by Liloze View Post
    Haha, I can understand where you are coming from.
    I myself don't care if anyone get the chance to buy locked goals items, I'd be happy for them.
    My take on this issue, is that why keep the goals in the deco list, if we won't have the chance to do them.
    Let S8 just remove them from our list, and don't taunt us with items we will NEVER have the chance to get.
    Simple.
    There have been problems in the past when TL removed locked goal items (decor, appliances, recipes) and when they did that it also removed it from the people that HAD unlocked the goal. It was a real disaster as many of us lost items we'd slaved over doing the goals but did eventually get them back. That is why, for the most part, TL keeps the locked goal items in the game, locked or not, as then those of us that did do the goal get to keep our items.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    There have been problems in the past when TL removed locked goal items (decor, appliances, recipes) and when they did that it also removed it from the people that HAD unlocked the goal. It was a real disaster as many of us lost items we'd slaved over doing the goals but did eventually get them back. That is why, for the most part, TL keeps the locked goal items in the game, locked or not, as then those of us that did do the goal get to keep our items.
    *Sigh* So i guess they will remain there in the list locked by goal forever. :-/ At least they're way in back

Executive Chef
    I understand, it is a bit complicated to separate accounts that unlocked the goals from those who did not.
    So now we are stuck with them, taunted ( tortured rather lol ) ...
    I guess it is a good thing they are at the end of the list lol

Executive Chef
    argh! so now they're still going to be at the back of the decor tab, locked forever?

i would have rather they been removed with the rest of the removals, despite my not being able to buy them in the meantime.

i feel like they've figured out at this point how to remove content (making it unable for anyone to buy the content but letting people keep what they already own), so their having trouble with it a long time ago is not a valid reason now.
    Last edited by twospoons; 03-12-15 at 09:54 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    argh! so now they're still going to be at the back of the decor tab, locked forever?

i would have rather they been removed with the rest of the removals, despite my not being able to buy them in the meantime.
    But like queentina already mentioned it would just cause problems for all the people who worked hard to earn them when they were originally released as goals. I personally would like to be able to buy more goal content that I earned whenever I choose to, so I don't feel like they should be removed ever. They are neatly tucked away at the back of the floor design tab, you don't have to see them a lot. I have to things locked by goal which I just ignore whenever I scroll by, which isn't very often.
    "Style is a simple way of saying complicated things"
    (Jean Cocteau)
    "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all"
    (Harriet Van Horne)
    "If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave"
    (Mo Willems)

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by AuntyRose32 View Post
    But like queentina already mentioned it would just cause problems for all the people who worked hard to earn them when they were originally released as goals. I personally would like to be able to buy more goal content that I earned whenever I choose to, so I don't feel like they should be removed ever. They are neatly tucked away at the back of the floor design tab, you don't have to see them a lot. I have to things locked by goal which I just ignore whenever I scroll by, which isn't very often.
    Right, there is that as well. Consider this....You have a goal and you received the prize, but you're also able to purchase more but don't have the coin or gems at the moment. You figure you'll go purchase it when you do, but then you forget until the season comes around again, then you purchase it.

Now, if TL had removed the items as soon as the goal was completed, then you'd lose out.

So.....I understand those that missed out, I've missed some too due to taking breaks from the game. But honestly, just ignore that they are there and locked and consider yourself lucky for the prizes you do get that others won't in a few months when they come back to the game or start it late and are in the same position you are now.

I for one would love for those that missed past goals to have the opportunity to do them, but only if they never started them in the first place. If they had started them but didn't complete them, oh well, you lose. If TL removes the content and the items we purchased or won via a goal gets removed as well, there will be an uproar on the boards, trust me it happened back in 2012 when that is exactly what happened in BS and RS.

Yup, like what queentina and AuntyRose32 mentioned. I remember there's a problem back then when they unlocked the Halloween goal items for direct purchase last year. Then when the sales expired, players who've completed the goals couldn't purchase more if they want. I'm not sure if they fix it or not. But kinda doubt so. Lol

I too have locked recipes on my appliances, but it didn't bother me. Since there will always be new recipe/appliance release. XD
    ★ MiNiDeMoN ★
    ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿ Always expect the unexpected to happen in TeamLavaLand.✿◕ ‿ ◕✿
    Proud member of the 0 Star Club!
    ❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡❤♡
    > Sorry, no longer accept neighbor currently. All invitation will be declined. < Thank you!

Executive Chef
    see, i have no problem with them removing seasonal (or even non-seasonal goal-related) content after a year, assuming they warn people as they have been lately. i own the costume contest (halloween 2013) and the christmas visitor (2013), but can't buy extras of those, and so what? i had more than enough time to do so while they were available.

i'm not advocating removing such content immediately upon expiration of goals, and as i mentioned, i think TL has successfully proved they remove content without removing the ones people actually own from their decor as well (because that is obviously bad), but why is the 2012 stuff still there when the 2013 isn't? the season for it has been and gone twice!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast