Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Please put a cap on vanilla

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    Twice I've had 6 of 9 slots with vanilla. The first time it was irritating since I was trying to learn the pizza recipes and couldn't make enough dough or tomato sauce with limited garlic and basil. Now it's annoying as I've come to accept they're not going to change anything, since they seem to like to do these kind of changes in their games. I'd like the 8 hrs reduced so that my slot isn't occupied the whole day with vanilla.

I will make vanilla milkshake to use up vanilla. I probably won't make creme br?l?e again. Same with the recipes they added tomato sauce to. I think it was wrong to change existing recipes and don't want to make them anymore.

I am obsessed with unlocking appliances and learning recipes that are reachable in a reasonable amount of time without spending gems. So even though vanilla milkshake, the chateau oven, and supreme pizza are not worth the price, I got them anyway. Before I unlocked the expansion 13 recipes I thought the baked onion soup was crazy needing 4 onions, but now, thanks to the tomato sauce, it's not that bad after all.
    See, that's what gets me, that they keep moving the goal post by up-ending existing ecosystem, how are you supposed to plan strategies if you keep getting screwed over?

I deleted a lot of parts like blueprints and hammers because I decided to spend my coins on some stupid stoves And recipes that I can't use anymore. Now I wish I had spent those coins on expansion instead.

I don't care if they add challenging new features that's almost unreadable, so i just dont get them, no big deal, but it's really insidious of them to take away things we already purchased.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerhobbes View Post
    Not to mention milk floods my market stupid, I now have an item that I will never use again taking up slots in my market.
    Yeah, I hear you. Milk has replaced cucumbers and mayo as my much hated staple. I couldnt make any spices yesterday. I couldnt find a garlic the entire day. Now I have it, but my shop is being overrun by basil and ginger yet again.

Someone has mentioned it before, but we really need to be able to choose what we grow. It wont affect the economy of the game and would make things a heck of a world smoother.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    Twice I've had 6 of 9 slots with vanilla. The first time it was irritating since I was trying to learn the pizza recipes and couldn't make enough dough or tomato sauce with limited garlic and basil. Now it's annoying as I've come to accept they're not going to change anything, since they seem to like to do these kind of changes in their games. I'd like the 8 hrs reduced so that my slot isn't occupied the whole day with vanilla.

I will make vanilla milkshake to use up vanilla. I probably won't make creme br?l?e again. Same with the recipes they added tomato sauce to. I think it was wrong to change existing recipes and don't want to make them anymore.

I am obsessed with unlocking appliances and learning recipes that are reachable in a reasonable amount of time without spending gems. So even though vanilla milkshake, the chateau oven, and supreme pizza are not worth the price, I got them anyway. Before I unlocked the expansion 13 recipes I thought the baked onion soup was crazy needing 4 onions, but now, thanks to the tomato sauce, it's not that bad after all.
    How much money does onion soup earn? Have either of you unlocked strawberry? I cant find anything on it and dont know if its worth it. Ill be level 47 in a couple days and dont know if I should lose sleep over the berry tart and other strawberry items. I seriously need to upgrade my pantry. I just had to throw away a bunch of nails because I couldnt fit anything else, while waiting for seeds to open my 7th slot.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post
    How much money does onion soup earn? Have either of you unlocked strawberry? I cant find anything on it and dont know if its worth it. Ill be level 47 in a couple days and dont know if I should lose sleep over the berry tart and other strawberry items. I seriously need to upgrade my pantry. I just had to throw away a bunch of nails because I couldnt fit anything else, while waiting for seeds to open my 7th slot.
    Mushrooms to mid levels are like strawberries to the upper levels. All the really ludicrous recipes use strawberries but it comes with long refresh time and low street market availability.

Advice is to max out pantry at 130 ASAP, that's one thing that I've never regretted upgrading, it gives you so much more leeway and rooms to stockpile and plan out recipes.

Wait on the strawberries if you don't already have drinks maker unlocked or the fruit pizza. Both will guzzle strawberries but strongly advice you to wait until you have enough coins to both unlock strawberries and learn one or both of these recipes at the same time. When you first unlock strawberries it floods your market temporarily, it would be a shame if you couldn't take advantage of that. Pink lemonade is actually a really good recipe if you don't mind using up both strawberry and sugar. Best plan would be to increase pantry capacity first (which costs no coins) and meanwhile hoard coins to unlock strawberries and these recipes at the same time.

Grand Emperor
    I was a mid-level player when they introduced mastery stars. I didn't want to cook the low level recipes that I made over and over and over when I first started, so I ignored the feature. Then they had goals to get the mastery stars, and after having to master French toast for one goal, I decided to master the recipes to be ready for other goals. When they introduced the second and third stars, lowered the first star requirements, didn't give credit for cooking after the first star, and seeing that I missed mastery spices for concentrating on mastery early, I have given up on trying to master all dishes. I want to get the stars for the first three mushroom dishes I was working on, then master as a background task.

There is no reason the mastery should be updated incrementally without giving credit for dishes cooked. And I really have a hard time believing they lowered the first star requirements because "they listened to us". I think they had it high on purpose when there was one star. I didn't see a complaints on the mastery counts. And if they listen to us like they claim, they will adjust some of the things they recently released as there are many requests for adjustments.

Can you upgrade the shops past level 5? And the street market past 18 slots? I'm at 12 for the street market. I'm 2 hammers from a level 4 fruit market then I'll be at level 4 for all shops.

Rhino Keeper
    I know, so much in this game punishes early players, and if they finally respond they will brush you off with "keep in mind this game is still in beta" or some bs like that. The mastery points piss me off too, why make us go back to cook worthless recipes when they could have introduced them right from the start? And THEN fail to recognized already earned yellow star when they change mastery system AGAIN?

You can technically get level 6 markets, but the coin cost makes me think it's a joke, they want 1,680,000 for 6th level fruit market, for example. (no I did not add extra zero, double checked). Street market will still upgrade but they want 31 nails and 15 boards and 7 hammers, not that crazy but as you have noticed, they really clash with seeds in the tool box and you are forced to either choose to upgrade garden or save for market but not both. You can't have 31 nails and 35 seeds and nails and hammer all jammed in a limited storage.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post
    Onion on soup earns 1800 coins for 1 hr of cook time. It's 5 coins per serving. 360 servings.

i can't remember how much it costs to unlock strawberries, but they restock every 6 hrs. Each of the five strawberry recipes cost 120000-124000 coins to unlock. I never have enough strawberries and I don't make heartberry tart as the returns are awful. I upgraded my fruit market to 3 because of strawberries and will upgrade to 4 when I get two more hammers.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerhobbes View Post
    I know, so much in this game punishes early players, and if they finally respond they will brush you off with "keep in mind this game is still in beta" or some bs like that. The mastery points piss me off too, why make us go back to cook worthless recipes when they could have introduced them right from the start? And THEN fail to recognized already earned yellow star when they change mastery system AGAIN?

You can technically get level 6 markets, but the coin cost makes me think it's a joke, they want 1,680,000 for 6th level fruit market, for example. (no I did not add extra zero, double checked). Street market will still upgrade but they want 31 nails and 15 boards and 7 hammers, not that crazy but as you have noticed, they really clash with seeds in the tool box and you are forced to either choose to upgrade garden or save for market but not both. You can't have 31 nails and 35 seeds and nails and hammer all jammed in a limited storage.
    Thanks. When I upgraded to level 4 I thought the 700000+ for level 5 was unachievable. Now it's not that bad, especially since there are no more new appliances for me to buy and just the mastery set recipes to unlock. But 1.68M is a lot. After I upgrade my fruit market I might get another deli although it will still take forever to unlock the triple decker sandwich. I still don't think I need another salad bar or drink machine.

Rhino Keeper
    I actually find salad bar and deli both effortless to keep going and they both have recipes that earn decent coins, so Im always surprised that people don't see it as an advantage to get two of each ASAP.

Yeah drink maker will stress you out if you get the second one, you will really struggle to keep both running now that they have taken away vanilla milkshake 1.0

I guess because I have also run out of stoves to buy, I am starting to contemplate upgrading my fruit market even though the coins requirements are crazy. It's a little shocking how fast coins fall into the till when you stop buying appliances.

Executive Chef
    I'm level 31, just started at Valentines Day version, and still have no shovels! I don't know how you have so many garden plots. I have seeds, but zero shovels.
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast