Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Unhappy with Update to Gifting System and Facebook Connect

Rhino Keeper

Unhappy with Update to Gifting System and Facebook Connect

I look to updates as a way to improve my game experience, but I'm afraid that the recent changes to the gifting system and the new connection to Facebook have caused me more frustration than anything else. Please, please, please consider returning to the previous gifting system! Here are the reasons I dislike the updated system:

- Post update, I am receiving way fewer gifts (if any at all) than before the update. I'm not sure why, but I imagine that without the "gifting history" available previously, my neighbors are gifting back those who gift them first. Game reset falls in the middle of the night for me, so mine will never be the first gift received.

- I REALLY dislike that the game no longer provides the gifting history! I really liked my system of gifting back from the oldest to newest gift giver....that way everyone I received a gift from received a gift back from me at some point. It seemed fair! Please bring back the list of previously received gifts!

- Since the update, I have no idea who some of my gifts are even from. Neighbors of mine who have connected to Facebook have their REAL NAME and PROFILE PHOTO associated with the gift. Frankly, it's kind of creepy. I would much rather see the restaurant name associated with gifts.

- The all-in-one "accept and gift back" button is confusing and is not user friendly! I have NOT been using the gifting system to gift my neighbors....seems pretty counterintuitive to me!!! Instead, I have been gifting from my neighbor list to ensure that those I wish to gift are the ones that actually receive them. After sending my 3 gifts for the day, gifts that come in still have the "accept and gift back" button associated with them. I would assume that those neighbors are receiving gifts too, but I don't think that is the case. I bet that I'm not the only player out there confused by this. Why, if we have already sent the max number of gifts, does gifting back still appear to be an option for gifts that come in??

- I used to receive quick serve gifts all of the time, but now the few gifts I receive seem to be weighted more towards coins. Am I being discriminated against for not being a Facebook user? Are they the only ones receiving quick serves? Sure seems a bit unfair.

- Does the Facebook connection allow a player to send, and potentially receive a greater number of gifts?? Again, I'm not on Facebook, so I have no way of knowing how this change benefits someone on Facebook. Again, I sure hope that the gifting system isn't slanted towards Facebook users.

Again, please consider going back to the old gifting system. It was a much better system. I'd be curious how others on here feel about the Facebook thing, but as someone not connected to Facebook, it seems to be more trouble than good.
    I'm no longer adding new neighbors. Invitations will be declined.

Executive Chef
    I don't know how this new gifting system works.

I don't know who has given me gifts or who to give back too. And I don't get the accept and gift back function.

Some instructions from S8 would be appreciated.
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

The Honorable Panda
    I have reported this over and am currently waiting on some information.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    Yeah,I gave the system a shot,don't like it

Rhino Keeper
    For what its worth, I connected a fb account. I requested a quick serve from another fb connected neighbor. They sent it back, and I have yet to receive it. That was several days ago.

I also had daily gifters. They are gone as of this update. Something is not working.

The Honorable Panda
    I went into my facebook account and deleted the game. I think I am now logged off . I will see how my gifting works tomorrow.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper
    Just want to pop in and say thanks for the thoughtful and detailed feedback, we do read player comments and posts like this are very helpful. Thank you!
    TeamLava Game Designer
    I'm happy to answer questions about Castle Story, Restaurant Story 2, and Fairy Tale Wonderland!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by 441sogo View Post
    - I used to receive quick serve gifts all of the time, but now the few gifts I receive seem to be weighted more towards coins. Am I being discriminated against for not being a Facebook user? Are they the only ones receiving quick serves? Sure seems a bit unfair.
    You know, I hadn't thought about like that but now that you said it, it sure does seem as if we are. A response to this very valid question would be greatly appreciated.

Nightclub Owner
    I just started playing so have no idea how the old gifting system worked. My game is not linked to facebook either. When i hit the envelope I might get a notification that says x person has sent you a mystery gift, accept and gift back. I hit that button but have no history of who has sent me gifts. Not good. I'm not happy with that.
    I seem to be getting only coins as gifts as well but haven't really been paying attention since I don't have an option to decline the gift anyway so I just accept. I have no intention of ever linking the game to facebook so whatever benefit is to be received there will be missed by me.
    Last edited by bobbyrae; 03-11-15 at 12:42 PM.

Fashion Designer
    This update did nothing to improve the gift, the Facebook connection Ick! Not knowing how or where gifts go. No fast cook if no Facebook. The spice thing always pops up. The change to recipes etc etc. totally agree with original post plus bunch of other things that are now messed up.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast