Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scheduled Maintenance 3/8/15

Executive Chef
    Oh by the way Fairytale Wonderland is still active.

Oh never mind I got back in the game and my drink expired..

While I appreciate the announcement, I have a problem with it.

1. Posted at 6:22 PM Central, less than 12 hours notice.

2. It was only announced in the forum, not in games.
    * Not everyone reads the forum.
    * Not everyone who does read the forum sits here 24/7 waiting for such announcements.
    * First comment on this thread was at 5:00 AM CDT - almost 11 hours later. What does that tell you?
    * It does not take into account the varying time zones of the players.

3. Based on lorentw's post, there was absolutely no warning before the games went down. People were in the middle of whatever that they could have possibly waited on IF they had known the games were going down. There are timed goals going in some games, such as those for the Pink Alicorn in Castle. There are tournaments and/or special offers with specific expiration times. The shutdown affects all of these and more.

When this was posted, I had already put my games to bed for the night. I was watching tv with hubby (in between rounds of our dogs deciding to rough house). I was done for the night and had no reason to come to the forum. I have 18 appliances with food in Bakery and 6 in Restaurant. I have 28 slots of clothing in Fashion. Luckily, I don't have anything else going on (or they have a longer expiration time) in the other games I play.

Believe me, if I were on a timed portion of the Pink Alicorn goal when this happened, I would be ROYALLY PO'D. Same if I were in the middle of a tournament battle, or any other important "event" (such as serving food or beverage) in a game.

Don't get me wrong, I am definitely not happy about this. I do 'morning admin' of my games while I drink my first cup of coffee. No could do this morning. So I decided to check the forum when I couldn't get into my games. Where did I go first? To the discussion area of one the games I play. Thankfully kooky panda had copied and pasted the announcement there, albeit 2 hours later. I don't come to announcements. I have no real reason to, and I suspect the same can be said for a large percentage of those who read the game forums.

I think down time announcements can - and should - be handled better. Right or wrong, my perception is that this is one more example of how Storm8 does not care about the people who play their games and who help pay the bills by buying in-game stuff with real world money. Give us a minimum of 12 hour notice so we can make sure not to start or have critical things going on when the down time comes. Put a special announcement pop up in the games instead of just posting here.

Game should be back up. Going to check, and hopefully I won't have lost anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonspearls View Post
    While I appreciate the announcement, I have a problem with it.

There are timed goals going in some games, such as those for the Pink Alicorn in Castle.
    Believe me, if I were on a timed portion of the Pink Alicorn goal when this happened, I would be ROYALLY PO'D. Same if I were in the middle of a tournament battle, or any other important "event" (such as serving food or beverage) in a game.

Game should be back up. Going to check, and hopefully I won't have lost anything.
    I AM on a timed portion, and yes I am annoyed!

Why oh why would you do this on a Sunday!

New Resident
    I have tried to go into Farm Story 2 and cannot get in yet. How long will the app be down. All the other Team lava apps I have are now available except Farm Story 2.

I had to reboot my tablet to get it to work, try that.

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by BAB817 View Post
    I have tried to go into Farm Story 2 and cannot get in yet. How long will the app be down. All the other Team lava apps I have are now available except Farm Story 2.
    Restart you game or device.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    Is there another maintenance? None of my games are connecting.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteTali View Post
    Is there another maintenance? None of my games are connecting.
    having same trouble here.

Executive Chef
    Nevermind. Just got a bunch of notifications, so I checked and sure enough, the games are back on!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12