Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nugget #7 - Levels & Experience

Nightclub Owner

Post Nugget #7 - Levels & Experience

Most actions in the game are rewarded by blue stars, each star is an eXperience Point (XP). As you gather experience you can gain levels. For each level you get more energy, capabilities and can access more advanced buildings, trades, adventures, quests, etc. Experience is acquired over time; you don't need to do specific actions (unless you focus on maximizing experience).
    Experience
    Storable: No
    Info: eXperience Point (XP) helps you level up and unlock new feature and story parts. Any enrgy consuming action produces 1 XP, goals are other great sources of experience.
    Type: Material
    Source: Storyline
    Found: Mainly all
    Used for: Level Up
    Link: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?79367

Calculator
    Visit here to have a live calculator: https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/#XP_LvL

Sources
    The XP come from various sources:
    1. Tending buildings: 1 XP; if the building is sparking 2 XP
    2. Tending items (flowers, trees, animals, etc.): 1 XP
    3. Harvesting crops: 1XP
    4. Chopping (grass, trees, rocks, etc.): 1XP per chop
    5. Attacking: 1 XP per swing
    6. Doing quests
    7. Doing adventures
    8. Visiting neighbors (can also yield coins or energy)

Production buildings (workshops, keep, barracks, potion shop, etc.) do not provide XP when tended.

Gaining XP
    XP are provided by the sources. For most of them, 1-energy is converted into 1 XP. To estimate XP progression: energy used = XP gained.

If you are an active player, you can gather energy on a daily basis:
    1. Energy timer: 360
    2. Wizard schools: 160
    3. Neighbors: 10
    4. Alicorn, Dragon, Horse: 6 (average per day)
    5. Greenhouse crafting: 20
    6. Other (adventure, crops, beasts, etc): 50

A reasonable active player can generate 400-500 XP per day. Some extreme players manage over 1000 XP a day.

Levels
    To reach a certain level you need sufficient XP. Hit your star on top level of the game screen to see your dominion overview.

The current game cap is set at 50. XP however continue to accumulate and has no known cap. XP per level seems to follow an exponential curve from level 1 to 30, after that, it follows a linear trend.

Future Levels
    For levels after the cap, only speculations are true. Based on the initial known levels and experience, we can extrapolate the following possible XP for each level.

Downloads

<< Previous ----- Next >>
    Last edited by ShibuyaCloth; 05-02-21 at 01:51 PM. Reason: links
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Pictures fixed! Link added to the Hub as well....

Rhino Keeper
    What does TeamLava say about the logic of the cap being 50, about removing the cap, and the charts you made? They are wonderfully crafted, and you spent so much time in figuring out the possible outcomes and such, did TL give you any feedback at all?

Nightclub Owner
    1) Cap
    Most game have a level cap. This can be for various reasons. This is not just TL. The rational in this case is just speculation.

2) Data
    Most data comes from the forum here. I just reformat it into a more usable form. MS Office can do wounder if used properly. As for the future levels, well just analyze the data, it is not hard to figure out a possible trend.

3) S8 or TL affiliation
    Nope, I am not affiliated to them. I don't gain anything from it, except fame from the community. As for feedback, sometimes TL gives insight on this forum.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    1) Cap
    Most game have a level cap. This can be for various reasons. This is not just TL. The rational in this case is just speculation.

3) S8 or TL affiliation
    Nope, I am not affiliated to them. I don't gain anything from it, except fame from the community. As for feedback, sometimes TL gives insight on this forum.

Maybe I didn't ask the right questions--
    What IS TeamLava's rationale for their cap of 50? I've talked with some other players who were more tech-savvy than me, and apparently doesn't take a lot of detailed work to change it, and doesn't cause horrible repercussions to the future of the game, per se.

The other question, I guess, is if TL has made comment about this (because this subject has been brought up before, with different mods than we have now. We got no where then, either.) and if they haven't commented, how come?

I know you don't think it's any big deal, you've replied to my questions before. I just wonder how TL could just refuse to answer questions or sent to them by long-time players. Or should we just start emailing them ourselves, and skip coming to the Forums at all? If they don't answer a direct email, then there's no doubt that they arent concerned with the players' issues.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by queenofpolharcity View Post

What IS TeamLava's rationale for their cap of 50? I've talked with some other players who were more tech-savvy than me, and apparently doesn't take a lot of detailed work to change it, and doesn't cause horrible repercussions to the future of the game, per se.

The other question, I guess, is if TL has made comment about this (because this subject has been brought up before, with different mods than we have now. We got no where then, either.) and if they haven't commented, how come?

I know you don't think it's any big deal, you've replied to my questions before. I just wonder how TL could just refuse to answer questions or sent to them by long-time players. Or should we just start emailing them ourselves, and skip coming to the Forums at all? If they don't answer a direct email, then there's no doubt that they arent concerned with the players' issues.
    Lets ask you a question. What benefit does your kingdom get by it saying you are Level 51 and not Level 50?

Like burrito, I really don't care about levels much. It continues to add to your experience total anyway.
    I look more to the size (expansions all completed), my neighbors (& my relationship with them), & quest completions.
    These are the important things to me in playing CS.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Banned
    Love the work you are doing for the community Shibuyacloth. Idea for a nugget or at least a good thread would be in relation to Cooking Techniques. I seem to be all over the place with cooking stuff and end up with 2 much and not enough. Just an idea.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by queenofpolharcity View Post

1) Cap II
    There are two way to set a cap in an application. Soft (parameter file) is the most efficient but require more work to implement. A hard constant is the easy way, but you need a new game version to change it. Now I don't know how CS was made, probably the later. As to why there is a cap, just to avoid to have to huge differences between players. Also, if you have too many levels, younger players might be discouraged to play. Psychological gap.

Now I don't see this as an issue. The level doesn't bring much to the game, except unlocking some new features to a certain point. Right now, unless TL adds some insane quest for level 70+ with absurd requirements, I don't see the point or a reason to change it. As some others stated here the game is not about gaining levels.

What would you want to do with more levels?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by burritosprings View Post
    Love the work you are doing for the community Shibuyacloth. Idea for a nugget or at least a good thread would be in relation to Cooking Techniques. I seem to be all over the place with cooking stuff and end up with 2 much and not enough. Just an idea.
    The kitchen and Bakery have all the receipts. There is not much strategy or technicality to it. Plant-harvest-cook-repeat. But elaborate a bit more your idea and let me know.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast