Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mastery Spice

Host(ess)

Mastery Spice

What does mastery spice do? I have tried using it three times but it doesn't seem to do anything. It didn't add extra servings or stars or anything. It didn't even show that the spice was added when I checked it while still cooking. I am not clear on its use. I am missing something? (No actual cooks either)

edit(KP)
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewaterlily View Post
    You get an extra gold star towards mastery of the dish you add it to. So if you are working on the sandwich goals and add one mastery spice to French dip, you can cook one less French dip since you get two gold stars for one cook and can go from 20 out of 35 completed to 22 out of 35 when you finish cooking the dish with the mastery spice.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 03-08-15 at 11:54 AM.
    Royal Walker

New Resident
    Every time you cook the food to which you add a mastery spice, you immediately add $1 to your money total. For example, I added it to French toast and when I collected the cooked food, my money total went up by $1. I cooked 3 and got $3. I also saw the spice the first time I collected the French toast after adding the spice. Hope this helps!

Host(ess)
    What is the significance of the +1 gold star play into this? It doesn't say +1 coin. It says +1 gold star. It doesn't say +1 blue star either because that wouldn't make sense either because level 49 is the max level.
    Royal Walker

Host(ess)
    I closed my restaurant to test the +1 coin theory every time you cook the item you have added the mastery spice and it did not add any coins or $ to my total. So that doesn't seem to be what mastery spice does.
    Royal Walker

Executive Chef
    You get an extra gold star towards mastery of the dish you add it to. So if you are working on the sandwich goals and add one mastery spice to French dip, you can cook one less French dip since you get two gold stars for one cook and can go from 20 out of 35 completed to 22 out of 35 when you finish cooking the dish with the mastery spice.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewaterlily View Post
    This is what I thought the purpose of the mastery spice was because your explanation makes sense. I'm cooking french dip now. I will let you know later.
    Last edited by c4r3n; 03-06-15 at 11:08 AM.
    Royal Walker

Host(ess)
    You are correct rosewaterlily. It worked just like you said. I didn't think it did that yesterday when I tried it but now I can't be sure.
    Royal Walker

Executive Chef
    The Mastery Spice is crafted with 2 sugar and 1 vanilla, the game says that the Vanilla is available through the Garden. I've been re-planting garlic, basil and ginger (what I currently have) and not even one vanilla.

So, how am I suppose to have more vanilla if the game doesn't give not even 1 through the Garden, and the lady that give this kinda of ingredients is the only one that currently gives me vanilla? But, it only gives 1 vanilla after I crafted the Mastery Spice.

This update is really laggy, the game just lags too much when I open the book of recipes, go to the Mastery Sets and then close, too much lag.

Grand Emperor
    Be patient. Vanilla is random in the garden. Yesterday at one time I had 6 slots of vanilla. Today I got less . I got only one from Lily

Rhino Keeper
    Nmishii I just want to thank you for always being so helpful, thanks a bunch!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast