Thread: Disappearing Parts Requests

Rhino Keeper

Disappearing Parts Requests

The last two goals have been an atrocity! I send out twenty gifts, and I'm lucky to get ten. A lot of people are complaining of this. At first I thought it was because they weren't answering them, but neighbors are saying they never received one. I can't take a snapshot of this. There is no way to show, after I send them, which ones I am getting. Would really appreciate it if someone would take a look into this. I NEVER send out more then twenty...EVER! So there shouldn't be any pending gifts.
    ***** NOT ACCEPTING NEIGHBORS AT THIS TIME *****

We're sorry to about this issue! We've passed the information along to our team.
    Storm8 Staff - MeowMeowBeans

Need additional help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Need your account on a new device? Transfer your account here!
    Like us on Facebook and follow our Twitter!

Farm Supplier
    The same thing is happening to me, and it is making all these wonderful, limited time ovens very difficult to build. I also never send out more than twenty requests a day, and have neighbors insisting they are not receiving my requests. Please let us know if there are any updates to this issue, thank you.

The same thing is happening to me. I sent out 371 requests to my neighbors for 6 baseball caps today 15 hours ago. I got 4 back. I have two other games on different devices and my requests weren't sitting in there. It is very hard to build ovens when you don't get enough parts. Please let me know when this is fixed.

Fashion Designer
    Please.look into this. I know this is a problem because I often have neighbours' requests disappear on me. Last night I logged into my game and had six requestd...four for parts and two for raincoats (was in RS but the same happens in BS). My tables were full, so I went to tip a few people back, cleared my tables and went back to the requests. The raincoat requests were gone. This is a non giftable item (like the ball caps) so how are these neighbours supposed to get the item now? Other than waiting another day and resending. Also, I had logged in several times so the max waiting time was 4 hours....this should not be long enough for them to go "stale". Also makes me wonder, do neighbours think I am just ignoring their requests when this happens?

Rhino Keeper
    I sent out 371 requests to my neighbors for 6 baseball caps today 15 hours ago.
    FYI, only 20 requests go out per day, so all 371 people wouldn't get your request anyway.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by dancer3177 View Post
    The same thing is happening to me. I sent out 371 requests to my neighbors for 6 baseball caps today 15 hours ago. I got 4 back. I have two other games on different devices and my requests weren't sitting in there. It is very hard to build ovens when you don't get enough parts. Please let me know when this is fixed.
    If you keep sending out 371 requests per day then there is your problem. From what players have been able to figure out through trial and error over the years, it appears that sending out more than 20 requests for parts per day jams up the requests system.

Of the 371 requests that you sent out in day 1 only 20 could be answered by your neighbours. So 351 got held back in a queue. The next day there are still 351 requests which are in that queue. You then add another 371 requests to that, but only 20 again can be answered. So now you have 722 backed up requests to go out. And you keep sending out 371 requests every day on top of that. Eventually the outstanding requests time out (after 7days i think) and are eventually dropped from the queue.
    But before that happens your neighbour might get and answer your request for knobs that you sent out three days ago and not your request for nozzles that you desperately need today. Your neighbour may never get that nozzle request if it times out.

So. What do you do? Well. STOP. Take a few days off from sending out requests. Three days usually does it. Allow the request queue to clear up and the requests to actually get out to yor neighbors. You will actually see them start to pour in. Then after three or so days send out ONLY twenty requests for parts. The next day send out only twenty more requests and so on and so on. Some neighbours who don't play every day will still cause a lag in your gifts coming in since the request you sent to them yesterday may only be answered today. This can also happen where you are in a different time zone from your neighbour- she may have already sent gifts and answered requests for the day and by the time your request gets to her she may be in bed or whatever. So it's always best to send requests out to neighbours who actually play every day and who will take the time to answer requests every day as and when you send them.
    Last edited by bobbyrae; 04-09-15 at 11:03 AM.