Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Retiring Christmas items on March 9th 2015

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by lynniefish View Post
    I've been under the impression that, once the items were retired, you only had access to the quantity you bought. Is that not true for tiles? What about wallpaper? If that's the case, I'll take one of each as well! (I bought the holiday jukebox, too...pretty adorable!)
    iOS players are able to continue to purchase more retired wallpaper and tiles so long as they have bought at least one in the past.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    So only appliance I haven't done is the chestnut one, and for 1 recipe requiring all those parts---just not worth it.
    I'm not one to turn down free gems either way (and am in nothing even remotely resembling a rush with the goals), but at least these 2 appliances require only basic parts that you probably already have enough of to make a couple of ovens just in case you want to make some chestnuts later! although you may not want to use your springs and whatever else current goals require. and chestnuts aren't that attractive of a food.

Quote Originally Posted by lynniefish View Post
    Fantastic compilation of data as usual, vanacatu! I think it's more than worth their cost in coins and parts to acquire these two, if only for the opportunity to add more 4-coin recipes to our roster. Appliances from this goal and the last, as well as the kiddie kitchen, seem to focus on 2-coin dishes. I realize these dishes have greatly-reduced recipe costs, which might make them very appealing to new players with limited coins, but they're a terrible deal overall, with a profit of less than 2 coins per serving. Players who recently put out lots of low-earning food are suddenly seeing their daily income take a huge hit. I can't help but wonder if this is a tactic to entice us to play more, cook more, work harder, in a struggle to sustain what had become "normal" earnings.
    so i am aware that we've been getting some low profit/plate recipes lately, but has it equaled out with some higher yields? i haven't been paying that much attention. because the way my place sells out everyday, i'd rather cook 1000 plates at $2 each than 500 at $4 each. even if it did take slightly longer to earn the $2000, it would be worth it just to actually have food to serve!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    so i am aware that we've been getting some low profit/plate recipes lately, but has it equaled out with some higher yields? i haven't been paying that much attention. because the way my place sells out everyday, i'd rather cook 1000 plates at $2 each than 500 at $4 each. even if it did take slightly longer to earn the $2000, it would be worth it just to actually have food to serve!
    When I said it's a good deal for new players, that was kind of my point...more servings for fewer coins. And it's also true for those who have difficulty keeping counters full. From what I've observed, the yield is about double for 2-coin recipes, so yes, the income is there, it's just taking you twice as long to earn it. It would be as if your employer said, "I'm cutting your wages in half, but I'll let you work 16 hours a day, so you're not really losing anything." For players who never sell out of food, having multiple counters filled with higher yield yet low-earning dishes will drastically affect earnings. I just wanted to bring it to the attention of those who haven't made the connection between these recipes and their income drop.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    I'm not one to turn down free gems either way (and am in nothing even remotely resembling a rush with the goals), but at least these 2 appliances require only basic parts that you probably already have enough of to make a couple of ovens just in case you want to make some chestnuts later! although you may not want to use your springs and whatever else current goals require. and chestnuts aren't that attractive of a food.

I've given up on trying to keep my restaurant stocked. Once I master any new appliance I go back to stuffed mushrooms and peking duck and some other high profit recipes and try like the deckins to get a big stockpile to last me through the next new goal or new appliance. Sigh. Never works. The food always sells out before i can master the new appliance and then I'm back to empty counters.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    I've given up on trying to keep my restaurant stocked. Once I master any new appliance I go back to stuffed mushrooms and peking duck and some other high profit recipes and try like the deckins to get a big stockpile to last me through the next new goal or new appliance. Sigh. Never works. The food always sells out before i can master the new appliance and then I'm back to empty counters.
    I've been playing for almost 2 years now and I can't get rid of my food! Maybe because I close my doors during remodeling which usually takes a few days because I'm slow at it. But I still have 50,000 Salsa and chips from that organic food update from forever ago. I don't have that many counters either. Lol idk why but it takes awhile to get rid of my food. It seems the prettier foods and the foods I like sell out faster.

Fashion Designer
    Just wanted to say thanks TL for bringing back the holiday jukebox! I had it on my very first account and wished I had it the last two Christmases

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxe View Post
    I've been playing for almost 2 years now and I can't get rid of my food! Maybe because I close my doors during remodeling which usually takes a few days because I'm slow at it. But I still have 50,000 Salsa and chips from that organic food update from forever ago. I don't have that many counters either. Lol idk why but it takes awhile to get rid of my food. It seems the prettier foods and the foods I like sell out faster.
    my happy face is down to about 35 now and that's where it usually stays, yet my food still flies off the counters. Smh. Of course in bakery story the opposite happens. The food just sits there refusing to go away.

Why did these go away on March 8? Yesterday these items were showing 2 days left. Now they're gone & I'm so disappointed. If they meant March 9 at game change +1 minute or something unusual like that then the timer should not have said 2 days. TL should decide on a standard time for these things to happen, like game change or when goals expire etc. Also they should download a calendar & timer to calculate this for them since they can't seem to get this correct.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyFrog View Post
    Why did these go away on March 8? Yesterday these items were showing 2 days left. Now they're gone & I'm so disappointed. If they meant March 9 at game change +1 minute or something unusual like that then the timer should not have said 2 days. TL should decide on a standard time for these things to happen, like game change or when goals expire etc. Also they should download a calendar & timer to calculate this for them since they can't seem to get this correct.
    When the timer says 2 days it is including the current day as one of those days. Likewise, when your messages say someone tipped 2 days ago, it really was yesterday when one tipped (the current day is being considered 1 of those days) At least this is how it works for me in the US. I was getting some items in the last hour and the sale did end about 30 minutes early for me at 1:30am CDST. So I missed getting 2more light poles. I had waited for a gem sale before getting some items.

Executive Chef
    maybe if they changed to an hours countdown when they hit 48 hours instead of when they get to under 24 hours?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast