Thread: Have No Idea How to Catch Catfish

Have No Idea How to Catch Catfish

So... I've been searching previous threads for awhile now and I can't find the answer to this question: how on earth do I catch catfish? I'm on Level 17 and have expanded to the pond. My bait hooks only allow me to use corn &wheat which only seem to catch anchovies & tuna. However I need catfish to fulfill orders coming through???
    I have purchased several but I'd like to catch them on my own as buying them is expensive. Please help.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kiraalex View Post
    So... I've been searching previous threads for awhile now and I can't find the answer to this question: how on earth do I catch catfish? I'm on Level 17 and have expanded to the pond. My bait hooks only allow me to use corn &wheat which only seem to catch anchovies & tuna. However I need catfish to fulfill orders coming through???
    I have purchased several but I'd like to catch them on my own as buying them is expensive. Please help.

Thanks!
    Unfortunately it's look of the draw and you can get catfish with the bait you are using. Try fishing in a 'hotspot' that's where the fish are swimming round I think you get 3 per day and there's a better chance of getting a catfish in those.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kiraalex View Post

Thanks!
    DON'T try to catch Catfish. Instead, focus on trying to catch anchovies or Bass instead. I know it doesn't make sense, but when you are really trying to catch something, it rarely comes in. But when you try to catch something else...it shows up more times than normal.

Rhino Keeper
    I have the opposite problem. All I seem to catch with the anchovy catch is catfish. I had to go back to the other one to get some bass as well.

For me the only thing the hotspots do is maybe give me 2 fishes. I seem to get more anchovies from them than the others.

Honestly I just put the bait in the middle and I get at least 1 or 2 bass a day, the rest is anchovies and catfish depending on the catch I use.

Thanks all! I appreciate your help