Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 61

Thread: Expansion

  1. #1

    Expansion

    I remember when they added new expansions a long time ago. They cost like 25 million coins, did they lower the price, could somebody tell me what the prices on all the expansions are as I haven't unlocked them all yet.
    thank you.

  2. #2
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,579
    If u go to the Mystery Box Tab located on the main Design Tab scroll thru it and ull c all of the expansions and their cost in both coins or gems at the end. If u don't c any there then that means uve maxed on expansions.
    Currently NOT ADDING NBRS SO PLZ DO NOT SEND INVITE
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

  3. #3
    Why doesn't TL allow expansion past 23x26? I recently started playing again and noticed TL brought the price down for expansions, if one could expand one could get more creative. I enjoy the creative design process of this game and like to create 3d atmospheres but currently limited because of size.

  4. #4
    I would assume the limit on expansion is based on the rendering view distance idea in a lot of open world games. The cpu in mobile devices can only handle so much before it laggs and crashes, so adding too big of an expansion may crash your devices. (My guess, based on years of online gaming lag)
    I know I'm nowhere near my expansion limit and the game tends to get out of sync with the server a lot, so maybe team lava is just trying to keep things safe. It's a lot of coding both for the programming team, and for a small device like a cellphone to run.
    Add me!:
    xandine_heartsong

    I accept all requests and gift daily, but only tip on weekends/ when I have enough free time. (First time mommy of a newborn baby girl)

    My two main games are Bakery Story and Restaurant Story.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by xandine_heartsong View Post
    I would assume the limit on expansion is based on the rendering view distance idea in a lot of open world games. The cpu in mobile devices can only handle so much before it laggs and crashes, so adding too big of an expansion may crash your devices. (My guess, based on years of online gaming lag)
    I know I'm nowhere near my expansion limit and the game tends to get out of sync with the server a lot, so maybe team lava is just trying to keep things safe. It's a lot of coding both for the programming team, and for a small device like a cellphone to run.
    I was thinking it might be along the same lines as you xadine, but I just downloaded farm story and it seems one can get a much larger farm than restaurant. So the rendering doesn't make complete sense to me..is RS a big memory hog compared to FS...coding could be a little more complex in RS with the addition of Bots...but still can't wrap my head around the size limitation.

    Ok just found the answer to my question in another forum..looks like no more expansions for awhile.
    Last edited by rosinatreats; 03-05-15 at 10:45 AM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by matty998 View Post
    I remember when they added new expansions a long time ago. They cost like 25 million coins, did they lower the price, could somebody tell me what the prices on all the expansions are as I haven't unlocked them all yet.
    thank you.

    Matty, to help answer your question, the max expansion is 23x26 and it costs 15 million. It seems the price has come down a little bit.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by rosinatreats View Post
    I was thinking it might be along the same lines as you xadine, but I just downloaded farm story and it seems one can get a much larger farm than restaurant. So the rendering doesn't make complete sense to me..is RS a big memory hog compared to FS...coding could be a little more complex in RS with the addition of Bots...but still can't wrap my head around the size limitation.

    Ok just found the answer to my question in another forum..looks like no more expansions for awhile.
    Not sure what you read, and would like to hear the answer you found!

    I do know farm story doesn't have quite as many options in regards to inventory and gifts as RS and BS though, so that MAY play a part in it?
    Would love to hear what you've learned about expansions!
    Add me!:
    xandine_heartsong

    I accept all requests and gift daily, but only tip on weekends/ when I have enough free time. (First time mommy of a newborn baby girl)

    My two main games are Bakery Story and Restaurant Story.

  8. #8

    Why can't we expand more than one space at a time??????!!!!

    I collected lots of coins to expand more than one space but I couldnt and I had to pay more coins to expand!!!!!!!! :-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(

  9. #9
    Senior Moderator kooky panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    S8 FORUM
    Posts
    51,864
    You can only expand one space at a time, but if you have enough coins for two expansions you can expand a second time.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

    Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

    Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

  10. #10

    Quick question- expansion

    What is the TRUE exact maximum expansion in RS

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •