Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Obsidian Cyclops 3-6-15

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Tictoclolo View Post
    Yuck!! What's an awfull creature!!! After Chtulu, that... thing!! Really, Gem Animals become more and more ugly!! Please TL, stop this massacre!!! Even if it's a Gem type, I don't want this hideous thing in my forest!! This is becoming Monster Forest Story instead of Fantasy Forest Story! Please, bring us back our Unicorns, Dragons and Faeries!!
    I agree; the gem animals get more and more ugly as time goes by. Perhaps they're making all gem types ugly as sin now in hopes people will stop breeding for them. After all, the gem creatures bring in the most $$ in forests and it more than likely takes away some profit from them (since buying coins for expansions/food/obstacles is an option in FFS that I'm sure people that are desperate take advantage of... but multiple-gem owners don't need to).

I'm so disappointed, as well. So much possibility in the Dark-Gem hybrid. Completely wasted.

I was looking forward to the Dark-Gem hybrid being released the most out of all the Gem animals... so this... thing... is the biggest disappointment I've seen in FFS yet for hybrid animals of any type. Even the Frankenswine was prettier, and that's saying something :\

This is NOT what we meant when we said we wanted more mythological creatures
    All of my TL accounts are under ArcadiaTofu. Add me and 9 times out of 10 I'll add you quickly and try to gift as much as possible

Executive Chef
    I like him. He reminds me a little of the monster on Rudolph. And I love the Cthulu! One of my favorite mythical monsters! I'm hoping we get a KRACKEN next! I guess you can't please everyone all the time!
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by jim23cash View Post
    I like him. He reminds me a little of the monster on Rudolph. And I love the Cthulu! One of my favorite mythical monsters! I'm hoping we get a KRACKEN next! I guess you can't please everyone all the time!
    I agree with you! There are lots of cutesy-type animals already, I like the contrast of some more monster-type creatures.
    I especially like the baby form of this one. Pretty darn cute in my opinion.
    Currently playing Fantasy Forest Story, Dragon Story and Bakery Story 2. Feel free to add me if you need neighbors to trade with.

Account ID #1: chippychan (FFS name: Ethereal Refuge)
    Account ID #2: LadyRyujin (FFS name: Ethereal Meadow)

Executive Chef
    Lol my son and I picked it - an ultra rare right off the back of a tonne of 'super' (more like ultra) rare fails. There's only gem-earth to go now.

I've never bothered trying for the gem-water or gem-electric. This one will be the same. That poor thing is so ugly!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Tictoclolo View Post
    Yuck!! What's an awfull creature!!! After Chtulu, that... thing!! Really, Gem Animals become more and more ugly!! Please TL, stop this massacre!!! Even if it's a Gem type, I don't want this hideous thing in my forest!! This is becoming Monster Forest Story instead of Fantasy Forest Story! Please, bring us back our Unicorns, Dragons and Faeries!!
    YES! I agree!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcadiaTofu View Post
    I'm so disappointed, as well. So much possibility in the Dark-Gem hybrid. Completely wasted.

I was looking forward to the Dark-Gem hybrid being released the most out of all the Gem animals... so this... thing... is the biggest disappointment I've seen in FFS yet for hybrid animals of any type. Even the Frankenswine was prettier, and that's saying something :\
    So, so, so much agree with this. The more I think about it, the more disappointed I am.

It's not that I would mind this animal if it was a dark-earth animal or anything other than a gem animal. It's that, as I said, after Unicorn and Emerald, NONE of the gem animals have been beautiful fantasy creatures. They've all been manly and in some cases ugly. It's not like we haven't said this before on the other gem creature threads. They KNOW we wanted a beautiful animal for the gem-dark. Instead, we get this ugly thing.

Sigh... just another thing to be disappointed about with this game. The only bright spot, as usual in this situation, is that I won't have to waste time trying for it.
    Last edited by readysetgo888; 03-04-15 at 12:45 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by readysetgo888 View Post
    So, so, so much agree with this. The more I think about it, the more disappointed I am.

It's not that I would mind this animal if it was a dark-earth animal or anything other than a gem animal. It's that, as I said, after Unicorn and Emerald, NONE of the gem animals have been beautiful fantasy creatures. They've all been manly and in some cases ugly. It's not like we haven't said this before on the other gem creature threads. They KNOW we wanted a beautiful animal for the gem-dark. Instead, we get this ugly thing.

Sigh... just another thing to be disappointed about with this game. The only bright spot, as usual in this situation, is that I won't have to waste time trying for it.
    I know. I view Gem creatures as the "Royalty" of FFS animals. They're meant to be the most beautiful, the most detailed and desirable hybrids in the entire game. They're supposed to be so attractive that almost everyone wants to try for them---not throwbacks to Monster Story or better hybrids as limited Halloween hybrids. When you think of Dragons you think of 'royalty' --- when you think of unicorns you think of 'royalty' --- a pig, a peregrine and a cyclops are NOT animals that you think 'royalty' in any way, shape or form. I wouldn't have minded, at all, if they had a Dark Bull with black flames surrounding it and glowing red eyes for a Dark-Gem, even if I'm not a huge fan of bulls. A cyclops is viewed in popular culture as either an ugly demon or a goofy sidekick... not as a 'royal' hybrid in a game :| And correct me if I'm wrong, but FFS is supposed to have *animal* hybrids, not human hybrids, correct? Cyclops is human-like, not animal-like, no matter how they try and make it somewhat 'ape-like' to pass it off as 'animal'.

When did FFS start to have human hybrids? Even the myth of cyclops paints them as humans, not monkey-like hybrids... or am I wrong?
    Last edited by ArcadiaTofu; 03-04-15 at 12:59 PM.
    All of my TL accounts are under ArcadiaTofu. Add me and 9 times out of 10 I'll add you quickly and try to gift as much as possible

Executive Chef
    I know. I view Gem creatures as the "Royalty" of FFS animals. They're meant to be the most beautiful, the most detailed and desirable hybrids in the entire game. They're supposed to be so attractive that almost everyone wants to try for them---not throwbacks to Monster Story or better hybrids as limited Halloween hybrids. When you think of Dragons you think of 'royalty' --- when you think of unicorns you think of 'royalty' --- a pig, a peregrine and a cyclops are NOT animals that you think 'royalty' in any way, shape or form. I wouldn't have minded, at all, if they had a Dark Bull with black flames surrounding it and glowing red eyes for a Dark-Gem, even if I'm not a huge fan of bulls. A cyclops is viewed in popular culture as either an ugly demon or a goofy sidekick... not as a 'royal' hybrid in a game :| And correct me if I'm wrong, but FFS is supposed to have *animal* hybrids, not human hybrids, correct? Cyclops is human-like, not animal-like, no matter how they try and make it somewhat 'ape-like' to pass it off as 'animal'.

When did FFS start to have human hybrids? Even the myth of cyclops paints them as humans, not monkey-like hybrids... or am I wrong?
    Absolutely!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by chippychan View Post
    I agree with you! There are lots of cutesy-type animals already, I like the contrast of some more monster-type creatures.
    I especially like the baby form of this one. Pretty darn cute in my opinion.
    We never said we wanted 'cutesy' animals... just beautiful ones. Or majestic, if you like. The Skeletal Dragon could be considered dark *and* majestic, if a bit scary. Having a Gem-Dark creature that is somewhat 'spooky' but still majestic in a way is fine, imo. Or a Kraken, even, as long as they don't make it ugly-as-sin. (Personally, I think the Skeletal Dragon is wicked as all get-out and find it both majestic and dark, not 'cutesy' at all).

A Black Bear is majestic (if done right and designed in a way that makes it seem more 'evil' than it normally appears). A Dark Unicorn is majestic (if given stringy hair on its mane and glowing red eyes with a curved horn). A Black Serpent can be majestic (if given the right design concept for it to make it look demonic).

Any of those could be credible Dark-Gem hybrids that wouldn't be 'cutesy' but could have been more 'manly' or monster-like akin to the Skeletal Dragon... but they missed the mark big time on this one and actually tried to make this cyclops into a 'cutesy' version of it to pawn it off as an 'animal' hybrid. This game doesn't have *human* hybrids, but a cyclops is indeed human-istic no matter which way you cut it. Giants, after all, *are* human. I ask again: When did FFS start to have human hybrids in it (even based in myth)? :\

This hybrid would be more appropriate in Monster Story than in FFS---which went out of business for a reason, mind you. :\ There aren't many that would breed ugly monsters, to be honest. They'd rather breed fantasy-esque creatures like unicorns and dragons, etc.

Everyone has a different opinion, yes, but we wouldn't have been as upset if they released this during Halloween as a limited. I do NOT want to breed for this at all, but if I don't I'll forever have an empty slot in my album that I'll always have to look at unless I bite the bullet and put this ugly thing in my forest. That, more than anything, is upsetting to us that wish this thing only saw the light of day as a limited during Halloween or the like. If they'd done that and made it Dark-Earth or something, I wouldn't mind at all.. I'd just ignore it and never breed for it or worry about my album's count. FFS developers are basically not giving us an 'out' for this ugly thing and that rubs me (and many others) the wrong way, as well as essentially 'wasting' the potential of a Gem animal like they've done previously. :\

Like I've said previously, I've been looking forward to Dark-Gem out of all the Gem hybrids and this was a huge let-down when all previous suggestions users have given that would have been FANTASTIC as Dark-Gem were basically ignored for the ugliest human hybrid of all: the cyclops. >.< Monster Story all over again...
    Last edited by ArcadiaTofu; 03-04-15 at 01:38 PM.

Fashion Designer
    We never said we wanted 'cutesy' animals... just beautiful ones. Or majestic, if you like. The Skeletal Dragon could be considered dark *and* majestic, if a bit scary. Having a Gem-Dark creature that is somewhat 'spooky' but still majestic in a way is fine, imo. Or a Kraken, even, as long as they don't make it ugly-as-sin. (Personally, I think the Skeletal Dragon is wicked as all get-out and find it both majestic and dark, not 'cutesy' at all).
    You seem to be taking offense to my use of the word 'cutesy' when I personally don't find the word negative or in any way insulting. I LIKE cutesy things.

But at the same time I also like variety and choice. If I don't like the design of an animal I just won't try for it and it doesn't ruin my game or my life. I guess I'm fortunate that I don't absolutely *need* a complete album to be happy with this game, but if I did I could just breed one, level it up, and then sell it for completion's sake.

Anyway, everyone has their own opinions. Sorry to those who don't like it, but I personally do.
    Currently playing Fantasy Forest Story, Dragon Story and Bakery Story 2. Feel free to add me if you need neighbors to trade with.

Account ID #1: chippychan (FFS name: Ethereal Refuge)
    Account ID #2: LadyRyujin (FFS name: Ethereal Meadow)

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast