Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Obsidian Cyclops 3-6-15

The Honorable Panda

Obsidian Cyclops 3-6-15

A mighty Creature has entered the Forest! Its vision is limited, but what it makes up for in sight, is its herculean strength! Keep an eye out for the Obsidian Cyclops in Fantasy Forest Story!
    Last edited by kooky panda; 03-06-15 at 01:00 PM.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper
    Dark & Gem?

Executive Chef
    Gem-dark! I assume... I suppose it could also fit with gem-earth, but from the name and coloring I would guess gem-dark.

Looks kind of like an Onyx Ox clone to me, at least in the body. It's certainly not the most obvious clone. I don't hate it, but I don't passionately love it or anything. I would have loved to see the gem-dark animal be beautiful. But it appears that other than the Unicorn and Emerald Dragon, no gem animals are allowed to be beautiful. I find that weird.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by rjazz View Post
    Dark & Gem?
    could be dark or earth. I actually am leaning towards earth - obsidian is a rock after all. But I'm usually wrong, lol.

I still haven't managed either the citrine or the cthulu, and there is ALWAYS at least 1, up to 5, limited animals at a time in this game nowadays, so whatever it is, 1) i will never have time to try for it and 2) i will never get it even if I do try. I like him. But I just can't get excited about something that there is a 99.999% chance I will never get. *shrug.*

Rhino Keeper
    oh dear god this is horrible, not something i'ld imagine being a gem creature, (or i suppose it is) but expected prettier. So not trying for this just as much as i hate that chtula thing..
    ID : keller63
    Fantasy Forest: LVL 29

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    could be dark or earth. I actually am leaning towards earth - obsidian is a rock after all. But I'm usually wrong, lol.
    I was thinking that - I have idly thought from time to time of the gemstone names they'd use for the dark and earth hybrid. Onyx was the logical choice for dark, but they used it on the Onyx Ox already unfortunately. Obsidian is also black, which makes me think dark, but that leaves them to come up with another kind of rock to use for the gem-earth hybrid... If this is gem-earth, they need a black gemstone besides onyx for the gem-dark hybrid.... hmmm.

I should also add, I actually really hope it is gem-earth, so that a beautiful black flying unicorn or something stunningly gorgeous can be the gem-dark hybrid. I think gem-dark should be beautiful, and gem-earth can be this... interesting creature.
    Last edited by readysetgo888; 03-04-15 at 11:51 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm leaning towards gem-dark, to be honest. Obsidian is known as being the 'black' stone, and I associate black with dark things. (Sapphire = blue = water, citrine = yellow/orange = lightning, ruby = red = fire, emerald = green = nature. Not sure what earth would be - stone something?) Its coloration is mostly purple. Not sure why people think it could be gem-earth lmao.

I actually think it looks pretty cool!

Rhino Keeper
    OMG... this is so ugly I can barely find the words to describe it.

Developers of FFS: Why is a cyclops of all things a GEM animal? Gem animals are supposed to be the most desirable and attractive designs in the game... thus why they're so hard to get (besides their wonderful coin earnings) so why choose a mythological creature that is pretty much the ugliest creature you can find?

Heck, if it were an Obsidian Unicorn I wouldn't care AT ALL it was basically a clone of the unicorn, it would still be COOL since it'd be pretty/designed better than this ugly creature! >.<

Heck, what about an Obsidian Dragon, even?! I don't like dragons as much as people in DS do, but I wouldn't mind a clone of the emerald dragon that's also gem and is Dark-themed. Anything but a cyclops (which would have been more apt to have been released in Monster Story way back when, imo) >.<

God, I'm so, so disappointed in this. There were so many awesome possibilities that could have been chosen for the 'ultimate' Dark-Gem hybrid that are so-called 'dark' mythological beings... and you guys chose the ugliest of them all?

Wow. Just... wow.
    Last edited by ArcadiaTofu; 03-04-15 at 12:13 PM.
    All of my TL accounts are under ArcadiaTofu. Add me and 9 times out of 10 I'll add you quickly and try to gift as much as possible

Executive Chef
    I really hope it's gem-earth. Gem-dark should be beautiful. They already gave us a manly looking pig to be Ruby, a Falconch clone in ugly colors to be Citrine, and a famous monster to be Sapphire (though I love, love, love the Chtuhlu, he can't be called beautiful). Why can't we have a gorgeous gem-dark creature? I admit I find this quite disappointing. If it's gem-earth, I don't mind so much.

Yuck!! What's an awfull creature!!! After Chtulu, that... thing!! Really, Gem Animals become more and more ugly!! Please TL, stop this massacre!!! Even if it's a Gem type, I don't want this hideous thing in my forest!! This is becoming Monster Forest Story instead of Fantasy Forest Story! Please, bring us back our Unicorns, Dragons and Faeries!!

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast