Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: All our brands in one place: introducing Storm8 Studios!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by VanaCatu View Post
    well, i am not working with them, but i agree ciarjen.

people developed. they've done hard job. how can we expect for reasonable feedback if all they can see is hellion pages of crying for colors?

who cares about colors at all? forums are not card-site. its main task - informativity and workability. not colors, unicorns and flowers.

untill we don't need to print white letters on black pages - anything goes for forums!

nothing to talk about the fact that nobody even caught that since everything is STORM now - IT IS the STORM!

to see red or blue storm - take a red or blue pill, neo!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

so guys! let's stop crying and focus on really important issues. they have to find what's wrong to fix it. hard to find it among our emotions.

- we need font sizes to be fixed (i don't have it, but if you do, describe your problem, device, system and browser properly)

- we need screenning to be fixed

- we need bb code to be fixed (tables especially)

- wd be nice to put game icons back to forums' listing

- what more do we need? (please add real problems excluding colors and unicorns)
    Have not swallowed any of the pills..., although there were those weird shrooms in Wonderland... Will the pills help against the feeling of being hit with a lead pipe everytime I look at the dark grey bars in the new forums?
    ⚔TSS⚔
    Guardian of Thuakie Sword #2
    🔵❌❌{❎}=============>

Queendom of Natalien

Quote Originally Posted by tvangstanke View Post
    But I don't think you can exclude the palette as a significant feature of the forum layout...
    Seems to me you underestimate the value of colours - and emotions for that matter. Emotions and values may just be the very basis for what you call facts...
    Quote Originally Posted by plby View Post
    first impression is always important, the first impression anyone gets of the forum is the colour scheme - so it's important.
    ... besides one of the complaints I'm seeing about tables is the grey background, and that's a colour issue as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnniePMH View Post
    ... Will the pills help against the feeling of being hit with a lead pipe everytime I look at the dark grey bars in the new forums?
    i don't know guys... we just seem too sticky to wht we had. we need nothing new. let us just keep using wht was better only because it's wht we got used to (:

in the meantime, these people don't wanna stuck. they moved on. they consolidated. they put everything under one label.

ok, here is abouth the first impression.
    i'm enetering the page called "storm"... in no way i can imagine warm colors of storm!
    (of course i haven't seen tornado in my life, guess it cd be warm gray, draggin dirt and dust, lol ))) well , shame on me, born and grown on a sea cost i can only see cold grey-blue-steel colors of the storm)

yes, i agree that bars and top background is a bit... too much... graveyard-ground-looking /* sorry (: */
    but i'm sure they will fix it. they sd pass some time, when the eyes become "fresh" again after weeks working on it.

it's not the main issues.

believe me, they had a crazy weeks preparing and testing it, and now we don't see immediate reaсtion for our cries just because theн will have more harder weeks now - after putting it all online finally (: coz now they will run between other numerous bugs whch r much more important for workability of the forums even despite we don't see it! (:

forum must be workable first. readable and printable.

our eyes constructed to see dark characters on a light background. it is acceptable to use minor parts of code vice/versa. like logos, bars, bullets, buttons, etc... but not too much on a page.
    the lower the contrast between characters and backgrounds -> the more damage to the eyes -> the more psychological effect of rejection / unpleasant feeling (it's about tables new background, for example. no complaints for color, just sd be a bit lighter, to enlarge the said contrast).

in this means, we still read and print everything well. just need to get some fixes for readability. and then only for the color theme. (i'm sure they will return to it after all main issues covered. logo color doesn't match. grave bars don't. sooner or later they will see it)

no changes go well. ever. i live in the country where everybody seem to be sure that changes must lead to immediate bright future (: no one wanna admit that any changes are not immediate. for everything to get better, it's necessary everything got much worse than it was first, and then only it will start getting better.

so, let the guys try! (:
    sooner or later, we or: will get used to new things as it is; or: will leave; or: finally see the bright future! lol ))))

anyhow, we will see, are we now in the middle of changing process, or it IS that future now ))
    Last edited by VanaCatu; 03-05-15 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plby View Post
    The BB code issue isn't something most users will ever notice, we can change font colour and size just fine using the editor
    separately about bb code.

"isn't something most users will ever notice" - it's a key phrase! (:

i don't count those coming here to get some lulz / bla-bla etc...

mostly, people come here looking for information.

many of them don't even leave the tracks, not even registered... but they keep coming, from quest to quest, fom event to event. looking for information / guides / tips.

many of them leave thanks and smiles, colored and/or sized, whatever.

but some are collecting info and putting it all together.

for these means, the best way to create compact infobox within vBulletin powered platforms - is to use tables.

so now, when all figures in tables are sticky to the boarders and to each other, it adds no visual welfare to info...
    still can be read, but readability is lower than earlier.

(if interesting, u can compare:
    - this chart (made before changes, was looking readable, now it's not really... especially table with numbers in the bottom. it's old quest, the code took 8 pages);
    - to this one (for new quest. made after changes. to "un-stick" the figures, only thing cd be done is to add tons of "invisible" columns and rows, as this guy did. so, the code is now 11 pages already, despite it is not even on half-way yet...)
    Last edited by VanaCatu; 03-05-15 at 03:01 PM.

Hey everyone!

Thank you for continuing to share your feedback regarding this update. Over the next few weeks, we're going to continue to work on improvements both on the backend and visual things you guys see. If you see something not working that was working before, definitely let us know. We're going to make sure things are working as best we can. Thanks again for your continued support!

Rhino Keeper
    Font and color new color scheme bother my eyes ...liked the orange so much better- thisis dreary to look at..like winter blues...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTurtle View Post
    Hey everyone!

Thank you for continuing to share your feedback regarding this update. Over the next few weeks, we're going to continue to work on improvements both on the backend and visual things you guys see. If you see something not working that was working before, definitely let us know. We're going to make sure things are working as best we can. Thanks again for your continued support!

Thanks for the update
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Host(ess)
    How do we get to the Hub?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Alora1 View Post
    How do we get to the Hub?
    The CS hub? That's here:
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....t-Castle-Story
    ⚔TSS⚔
    🔵❌❌{❎}=============>

Queendom of Natalien

Was trying to leave a message here and then all of a sudden the colors changed again.. Orange was ok. The dark blue or grey or whatever it was was a little dark. Then it was change to a blueish color n white background. This is hard on my eyes. I have to squint inorder to read the forums.

So to conclude your trying to see what is best for most players. Thanks...

I like the new logo.. I am glad to see the forum is stretched back out to what it was before. So much better.
    Last edited by AMuffins; 03-07-15 at 08:06 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AMuffins View Post
    Was trying to leave a message here and then all of a sudden the colors changed again.. Orange was ok. The dark blue or grey or whatever it was was a little dark. Then it was change to a blueish color n white background. This is hard on my eyes. I have to squint inorder to read the forums.

So to conclude your trying to see what is best for most players. Thanks...

I like the new logo.. I am glad to see the forum is stretched back out to what it was before. So much better.
    I like this much better than the grey lead pipes, but maybe tone it down a little bit so the contrast is not so big between the blue and white. Thank you, staff, for listening, this comes across as a much happier Storm to me!
    ⚔TSS⚔
    🔵❌❌{❎}=============>

Queendom of Natalien