Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: New recipes 3-3-2015- HomeRun/Triple Decker

Rhino Keeper
    I have not commented because everyone is saying exactly what I was thinking about this update, but then I thought how will they know that I am also dissatisfied if I do not speak up.

I was in the middle of making milkshakes last night. Had 10 sugars and 8 milks when the update hit. Now I have it sitting in my pantry unusable because now I need three vanilla beans per cook that will take forever to get. The chateau stove is pretty useless as well because you have to either wait for vanilla beans or ginger which now also takes forever to grow and which are both rare and random plants or drops. Lilly needs to start coming more frequently to drop off some of these items. I think everyone has spoke up about the garden and ridiculous sauce requirements, so will let them be my voice on that.

This has really taken the joy I had out of the game. I will still play, but maybe not as vigorously as before. I may get frustrated with all the waiting and may bore of it and stop playing all together. Time will tell, but if it continues like this, I can see that happening.

I forgot to add the whole gifting problem. Not only do we not get notifications anymore, but it is a lot harder to give to the neighbors I want to. no history of past givers, and who knows how to accept without accept and give back. I have noticed that I am not getting the gifts I normally get and I'm sure that is probably why.

It would be nice to hear a response from leadership on all these concerns.
    Last edited by travelingcircus; 03-05-15 at 08:58 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PraxisOfGood View Post
    In case people were wondering, the mixer allows you to make two things:

Dough (1 flour, 1 garlic, 15 minutes)
    Tomato sauce (4 tomato, 3 onion, 3 basil, 4 hours)

These are more like spices than recipes, they aren't listed in the cookbook, they don't have mastery stars, and the results are put in your pantry instead of your counter.

In theory, making cooking a multistage process adds depth to the game, which is a great thing. But adding recipes that nobody will ever make is a waste of design effort, and that's where I suspect tomato sauce and all of the recipes that now use it now fall. I suggest that you either cut the recharge time on onions from 8 hours to 2 or have the tomato sauce recipe create 6 jars instead of 1.
    Onions!!! Wow. And to think I was almost calmed down from last night, I come back and see this mysterious sauce requires ONIONS. Speechless.

So Osso Baco pretty much requires 6 onions instead of 3. 6 onions for a $2k recipe...no thanks. They could have at least adjusted the earnings for these recipes...again SMH

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerhobbes View Post
    Oh, and just so you know, TL, if you put garlic in the dough it will inhibit the yeast and it won't rise properly. Bad recipe, seriously.
    BWHAHAHA! Omg that's hilarious! Sounds like TL needs to replace their recipe creature! Lol! I don't cook in real life so I would have never caught that.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by WinnyWoos View Post
    Onions!!! Wow. And to think I was almost calmed down from last night, I come back and see this mysterious sauce requires ONIONS. Speechless.

So Osso Baco pretty much requires 6 onions instead of 3. 6 onions for a $2k recipe...no thanks. They could have at least adjusted the earnings for these recipes...again SMH
    If you think that is bad, you should see the Supreme Pizza Recipe

4 Dough, 2 Tomato sauce, 3 peppers and 3 mushrooms.

I can't seem to have enough mushrooms or onions and often peppers, and now something like this?

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by WinnyWoos View Post
    They could have at least adjusted the earnings for these recipes...
    Yes, they did. Osso Buco is now x1250 $2500. Same for lobster bisque, now giving x1700 $5100!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerhobbes View Post
    Oh, and just so you know, TL, if you put garlic in the dough it will inhibit the yeast and it won't rise properly. Bad recipe, seriously.
    I just put vanilla sugar into French Dip... :-X

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmug17 View Post
    I just put vanilla sugar into French Dip... :-X
    Yeah I always throw up in my mouth when I put house spices in my strawberry milkshake >___<

Why TL? Why?

Farm Supplier
    How can I buy a Mixer to get the tomato sauce ? It is locked and doesn't tell what is necessary. I already have 15 stars of mastery and there is no condition for a min level. I despeartely need it to be able to order the "Osso Buco" recipe and the onion is increaasing and taking space. (I need the green pepper to finish mastering the "Quiche" so that i cant cook the "fajitas" now). please, help me. I need a precise and professional answer.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by travelingcircus View Post
    I have not commented because everyone is saying exactly what I was thinking about this update, but then I thought how will they know that I am also dissatisfied if I do not speak up.

I was in the middle of making milkshakes last night. Had 10 sugars and 8 milks when the update hit. Now I have it sitting in my pantry unusable because now I need three vanilla beans per cook that will take forever to get. The chateau stove is pretty useless as well because you have to either wait for vanilla beans or ginger which now also takes forever to grow and which are both rare and random plants or drops. Lilly needs to start coming more frequently to drop off some of these items. I think everyone has spoke up about the garden and ridiculous sauce requirements, so will let them be my voice on that.

This has really taken the joy I had out of the game. I will still play, but maybe not as vigorously as before. I may get frustrated with all the waiting and may bore of it and stop playing all together. Time will tell, but if it continues like this, I can see that happening.

I forgot to add the whole gifting problem. Not only do we not get notifications anymore, but it is a lot harder to give to the neighbors I want to. no history of past givers, and who knows how to accept without accept and give back. I have noticed that I am not getting the gifts I normally get and I'm sure that is probably why.

It would be nice to hear a response from leadership on all these concerns.
    Same here with gifts. I got 2 yesterday and normally recieve more. I have no idea who sent one, they apparently logged in with their Facebook at one point and now I just know her real name and what her family looks like. Good thing I'm not a stalker or creep, ahh

With the whole FB thing, at first I thought they might have some privacy issues on their hands but on FS2, when a player logs in with FB, notifications actually list their first and last name and the game shows their FB pic. Yesterday I noticed that just had the lady's first name; which I guess is better than listing their entire name like FS2. I personally wouldn't chance it, here are some seriously deranged people who play these games.

I stopped messing with FB a long time ago, log in maybe once a year so these new FB features don't appeal to me.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by enaid03 View Post
    If you think that is bad, you should see the Supreme Pizza Recipe

4 Dough, 2 Tomato sauce, 3 peppers and 3 mushrooms.

I can't seem to have enough mushrooms or onions and often peppers, and now something like this?
    Are they on drugs?!? Only way I would cook that is if the earnings were gems

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast