Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: New recipes 3-3-2015- HomeRun/Triple Decker

Farm Supplier
    How stupid. I cannot even make the lobster bisque anymore. Who ever thinks of changing recipes like that. ��

Rhino Keeper
    In case people were wondering, the mixer allows you to make two things:

Dough (1 flour, 1 garlic, 15 minutes)
    Tomato sauce (4 tomato, 3 onion, 3 basil, 4 hours)

These are more like spices than recipes, they aren't listed in the cookbook, they don't have mastery stars, and the results are put in your pantry instead of your counter.

In theory, making cooking a multistage process adds depth to the game, which is a great thing. But adding recipes that nobody will ever make is a waste of design effort, and that's where I suspect tomato sauce and all of the recipes that now use it now fall. I suggest that you either cut the recharge time on onions from 8 hours to 2 or have the tomato sauce recipe create 6 jars instead of 1.
    Last edited by PraxisOfGood; 03-05-15 at 08:08 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitelove19 View Post
    The new 'mastery spice' which I have received a couple of for having mastered some dishes, gives an extra star when added to items.

These stars aren't the same as experience, are they? I think they are the stars we get when mastering dishes.

I guess my main question is, What use are these stars? Can we use them for something, or will we receive rewards after achieving a certain number of them?
    Not really sure what the point is...?
    You normally get one yellow star that goes towards mastery of each dish as you make it.

When you use the mastery spice, you get 1 +n yellow stars every time you cook that dish, n = numbers of chefs you have manhandling that dish. So if you have 5 cooks you will get 6 stars.

Good for French dips I guess. Not sure if all the cooks have to be in the picture though, I let them go a while ago and now I cook with self stirring cauldrons.

Rhino Keeper
    Oh, and just so you know, TL, if you put garlic in the dough it will inhibit the yeast and it won't rise properly. Bad recipe, seriously.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewaterlily View Post
    veggie sushi/bruschetta blocked by the sandwich goals
    I can still make both items and haven't finished the sandwich mastery goals. Is one star per item sufficient?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmug17 View Post
    I can still make both items and haven't finished the sandwich mastery goals. Is one star per item sufficient?
    I don't think it's officially blocked, people that prioritize the mastery goals just have those stations tied up.

I started on it and then the sudden changes mean I can no longer make vanilla milkshake and Creme br?l?e, which means I have to cook other recipes in those stations, which means I have no counter space for mastery goal anymore :-(. So anyway, it's not technically blocked.

No, one star will get you laughed out of the recipe hall. They want three stars everything >___<

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerhobbes View Post
    You normally get one yellow star that goes towards mastery of each dish as you make it.

When you use the mastery spice, you get 1 +n yellow stars every time you cook that dish, n = numbers of chefs you have manhandling that dish. So if you have 5 cooks you will get 6 stars.

Good for French dips I guess. Not sure if all the cooks have to be in the picture though, I let them go a while ago and now I cook with self stirring cauldrons.
    That's the way I read it, but I have three cooks in my kitchen and only got one bonus star when I used the mastery spice. I'm not sure if that's a bug or if I did it wrong or if that's the way it is.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PraxisOfGood View Post
    That's the way I read it, but I have three cooks in my kitchen and only got one bonus star when I used the mastery spice. I'm not sure if that's a bug or if I did it wrong or if that's the way it is.
    Oh I thought it didn't work for me because I've blocked off all my stoves. Maybe there's a bug then?

Rhino Keeper

Red face

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	18759

Phew! Now I can go back to what I was doing with my diner stoves before the last update

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PraxisOfGood View Post
    In case people were wondering, the mixer allows you to make two things:

Dough (1 flour, 1 garlic, 15 minutes)
    Tomato sauce (4 tomato, 3 onion, 3 basil, 4 hours)

These are more like spices than recipes, they aren't listed in the cookbook, they don't have mastery stars, and the results are put in your pantry instead of your counter.

In theory, making cooking a multistage process adds depth to the game, which is a great thing. But adding recipes that nobody will ever make is a waste of design effort, and that's where I suspect tomato sauce and all of the recipes that now use it now fall. I suggest that you either cut the recharge time on onions from 8 hours to 2 or have the tomato sauce recipe create 6 jars instead of 1.
    I agree with this. Too many recipes need onions and the restock time is far too long and unreasonable. I can collect four at a time now but it's not enough. To get to five, is next to impossible. I don't think the designers play the game very much or They are used to the abundance of gems They can use. Otherwise they wouldnt have made all these additional steps this way.

Regarding the other stuff. I can still make all my dishes, including veggie sushi, etc. I was going to try to unlock the breakfast dish but I'm but Im bored already of making eggs. So I'll unlock this and the new sandwich in a month or so. Fine with me!

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast