Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: New recipes 3-3-2015- HomeRun/Triple Decker

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewaterlily View Post
    I don't think the change in recipe ingredients has anything to do with mastery. I don't have vanilla milkshake mastered to one star but the recipe was changed for everyone to include those ever elusive vanilla beans. I don't see how it's even possible to master it in a reasonable time frame now considering we can't choose what spices to plant, I haven't gotten a single vanilla so far in five plantings, it takes seven hours to grow if you are lucky enough to plant one, and you need three beans to make one shake. If they're going to make such a drastic change let us at least choose which spices to plant since the growth times are different now. Or add vanilla beans to one of the existing shops rather than the herb garden with a seven hour restock time so we can plan on when to have and use it.
    Ohhhh so the recipes have just flat out been changed period. That makes more sense! Oddly enough, my first time logging in since these changes, I just so happened to master a couple recipes so that's why I assumed it was related to that. Glad you said something! Ty!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cquinn32 View Post
    So I updated the game and noticed that there is no longer a tab for the valentine cards where have they gone?
    This is exactly what so many of us were concerned about !! Arg! This is so messed up! they told us that we could get our recipes as long as we collected enough Valentine's well if we don't have them then that isn't possible.

Rhino Keeper
    I freaked about the cards too & posted here about it - was told the game will know you have cards & we will have those recipes open for us to learn. (I'm 250 blue star points away from level 47 & learning last recipe on valentine oven)

Got 2 vanilla after 3 or 4 plantings - mine say 8 hours to grow & they look just like ginger
    Last edited by Beecause; 03-04-15 at 09:51 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    Lobster bisque needs that sauce too.
    Are you kidding me?! That's my favorite thing to make. Just when I get back into the game, they go muck something up and mess up the rules. Ginger was already a hard commodity to come by, now it takes two hours to make. Why? It's stupid. And I'm building the pizza oven and mixer. And I'm happy they were inexpensive but all these things needing sauce now? Dumb. Onions were already another thing hard to come by.

It's like they purposefully sit at a table and say, everything is calm, too calm, what can we do to annoy them and turn the game on it's head.

Farm Supplier
    I have 2/7 plots of vanilla. Now every time I go harvest herbs I wonder if I will get another vanilla and I'm eventually filled with vanilla... Can't grow anything else, can't burn it down.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post
    Are you kidding me?! That's my favorite thing to make. Just when I get back into the game, they go muck something up and mess up the rules. Ginger was already a hard commodity to come by, now it takes two hours to make. Why? It's stupid. And I'm building the pizza oven and mixer. And I'm happy they were inexpensive but all these things needing sauce now? Dumb. Onions were already another thing hard to come by.

It's like they purposefully sit at a table and say, everything is calm, too calm, what can we do to annoy them and turn the game on it's head.
    Clearly the game was too enjoyable without the use of gems. This had easily become the most addictive of all the S8 games for me in terms of login time to constantly make 5 and 6 coin recipes every 10/20/30 minutes, but now vanilla milkshake and creme brulee are blocked by vanilla, veggie sushi/bruschetta blocked by the sandwich goals, overnight favorite house spice lobster bisque blocked by the sauce. Some of the recipes are going to be impossible to master now--the ones with onions and mushrooms were hard enough as it was but now with the sauce and the vanilla, it's going to be crazy. And we don't even get gems for mastery.

So the mastery spice doesn't add any coins just experience? How is that useful? If I'm near a level up and want to get there faster I just cook eggs nonstop for a while.

Still no vanilla in six cycles of plantings. We should really be able to choose what to plant with this set up and grow vanilla overnight and the others during the day. Isn't this a time management game? The randomness of the herb garden ruins that with the different growth times/varied chances of getting the herb you want. Maybe time to check out that non S8 cooking game with a much higher ranking in the iTunes app store... I always thought TL made the most popular ones but I guess not anymore!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    If you tap on either of the new recipes locked by goal on the appliance's menu, you will get a page showing the mastery sets. If you tap the rewards icon in a mastery set you can see the ingredients needed to cook the new mastery recipe.

i don't have new goals in the upper left of the page. I guess you have to think of the mastery set page being the goal page.
    Thankyou so much for this information. If I didnt come to the forums and read this I'd be sitting here playing the game none the wiser.

New Resident
    Can anyone help me with this please: i am on the Fran's recipe quest and my Carrot Cake is stuck on 51/50...did anyone have this issue?

Rhino Keeper
    i like the new update overall but, the recipe changes and long wait times for items (especially in garden, that we should indeed be given a choice of what to plant), are bound to result in a few players eventually getting bored waiting and quiting game IMO...something i honestly can see myself doing in future if wait times are not adjusted!!

the one thing thats really driving me nuts now in game though, are the huge ugly white cloth napkins on top of my counters that i am guessing may represents dishes/recipes that i have at least one star on since recipes that i have no stars on, have no napkin under them.. It really clashes with our deco and kinda makes paying for decorated counters worthless to me and i kinda like things matching so i hope they get rid of it or give us the option to NOT have them on our counters!!

Fashion Designer
    I'm sure this was asked before but I can't find it; am I supposed to have a new goal?

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast