Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: New recipes 3-3-2015- HomeRun/Triple Decker

Since someone asked, the recipe for the breakfast:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	761 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	18691

Yeah, I'm pretty depressed about a million more cucumber sandwiches and BLTs. And those french dips, ugh!!

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerhobbes View Post
    Yeah I know right? The only way I'm going to deal with this is to not focus on it. Keep working on whatever evil things I was scheming on and have this on the side, since I don't really count on diner oven and stoves for earnings its no real loss to me.
    I know you're unhappy about it, though I'd counter that as a longer term player, you get access to *all* the content from the beginning, including stuff that's been removed, which is a benefit the new folks don't have. And honestly do you want them to stop introducing new stuff? I think the real problem is the tight restriction on counters, not the late introduction of goals...

But I think you could work it if you want, just by clearing 1 counter. The eggs/french toast/breakfast sandwiches go pretty fast, so just clear one counter, cook to a recipe to mastery, and then dump the results and start over. Having one counter free seems like it would be a pretty big benefit, flexibility-wise, since they introduce new stuff all the time. But of course, I don't know what your stockpiles look like!
    Last edited by fatbearsecondary; 03-04-15 at 07:38 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Also not happy with the gifting pop up. I tried to gift back one of my 3 nbrs, i had two people on screen. A person i dont normally gift with was on pop up window as well. I tap the correct recipient, and the wrong person gets gifted. Please correct. I like this game, but I am about gamed out. And this is not acceptable being able to re-gift correct recipient. I do like the chance to earn gems. Looks like it will take a year or so. Probably letting this game go. Castle Story is still the best.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbearsecondary View Post
    Since someone asked, the recipe for the breakfast:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	761 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	18691

Yeah, I'm pretty depressed about a million more cucumber sandwiches and BLTs. And those french dips, ugh!!

I know you're unhappy about it, though I'd counter that as a longer term player, you get access to *all* the content from the beginning, including stuff that's been removed, which is a benefit the new folks don't have. And honestly do you want them to stop introducing new stuff? I think the real problem is the tight restriction on counters, not the late introduction of goals...

But I think you could work it if you want, just by clearing 1 counter. The eggs/french toast/breakfast sandwiches go pretty fast, so just clear one counter, cook to a recipe to mastery, and then dump the results and start over. Having one counter free seems like it would be a pretty big benefit, flexibility-wise, since they introduce new stuff all the time. But of course, I don't know what your stockpiles look like!
    I'm mostly just giving feedbacks, hopefully TL people actually read these forums. When they don't include core elements like mastery points from the start for everyone, or when they take back game progress to reset gam economy, or when they cap your counters only because they haven't worked out upper levels contents, it creates problems for players that I don't know if they are aware of or foresee. There really is no reason why they couldn't have included mastery points from the start, for example. All their other cooking games have those basic gaming parameters.

But yeah, otherwise it's not difficult to work around, just frustrated at their disorganized release.

Yikes, the blue forum looks kind of cold and depressing, I used to feel bright and excited coming here to the orange themed forum to chit chat.
    I had my colors for this forum already changed. What's the default now? And in case you wanted to, I'm pretty sure you can still go into your settings and change your colors to whatever you want. You can still have bright and shiny, tigger

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ongakuonna View Post
    I had my colors for this forum already changed. What's the default now? And in case you wanted to, I'm pretty sure you can still go into your settings and change your colors to whatever you want. You can still have bright and shiny, tigger
    Thanks! You're such an amazing source of information lol.

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by islandtyme View Post
    Also not happy with the gifting pop up. I tried to gift back one of my 3 nbrs, i had two people on screen. A person i dont normally gift with was on pop up window as well. I tap the correct recipient, and the wrong person gets gifted. Please correct. I like this game, but I am about gamed out. And this is not acceptable being able to re-gift correct recipient. I do like the chance to earn gems. Looks like it will take a year or so. Probably letting this game go. Castle Story is still the best.
    I will pass this over . I agree, I want to choose who I send the gift to.
    I had to go down my whole neighbors list to check off my three buddies.

If you wish to discuss the new forum changes, or leave feedback, please post on the current thread

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....Storm8-Studios!
    Last edited by kooky panda; 03-04-15 at 09:18 AM.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper

Post-Update Gifting & Facebook Connection

I am not on facebook (I'm sure that I'm not the only facebook holdout out there), so I think connecting the game to it seems a little odd, and somewhat off putting. I received a gift from a neighbor who had clearly connected her game to fb, so the gift showed up under my gift tab with her facebook picture and facebook name. WHAT?!?!?!?!? It did not connect the gift to her restaurant name, so I really don't know which of my neighbors the gift came from.

Also, I really don't like that you can no longer see who has gifted you previously. I think it is most fair to gift back from the oldest to newest gift, guaranteeing that everyone receives a gift back at some point.

I REALLY prefer the gifting set-up from before the update! I would also much rather see the game caricatures over real facebook photos any day! It's kind of creepy!!!
    I'm no longer adding new neighbors. Invitations will be declined.

Rhino Keeper
    Yeah I know right? The only way I'm going to deal with this is to not focus on it. Keep working on whatever evil things I was scheming on and have this on the side, since I don't really count on diner oven and stoves for earnings its no real loss to me.

Okay I do use egg bene to burn through excess bacon and cream so having that tied up to 6 hrs French dips blew up my pantry, I just need to learn to stop collecting certain items now that I can't just quick adjust with an idle appliance.
    Well, the "good news" is that you need the bacon for BLTs anyways lol. But I know what you mean, my onion and mayo supplies got really large before I realized why.

I want to be clear to the devs, I don't hate this at all. Having new temporary goals and having to change my strategies to meet the new goals is a great way to keep the game fresh. My hope is just that the value of the reward considers the level of effort required to achieve the goal, especially when the effort is extraordinary.

BTW, just unlocked the Home Run breakfast (which comes pre-learned, like bitterballen did). \o/ Strangely, it doesn't even have a one star mastery level.

Farm Supplier
    I religiously gift every neighbor everyday, and of course I get "X numbers of your neighbors have exceed the max number of gifts blah blah blah" and I never paid any attention to that... Apparently only 3 random people from the list get my gifts??? :-(

Rhino Keeper
    Actually, I wouldn't mind a Heartberry tart framed picture or a strawberry shortcake picture as reward for mastery, those dishes are cute as a button and I irrationally cook them just because they are too cute not to have.

Edit: grrrr auto-incorrect
    Last edited by tiggerhobbes; 03-04-15 at 11:09 AM.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast