Thread: Opinion- Candle Maker vs. Deli

Rhino Keeper

Opinion- Candle Maker vs. Deli

Which one should I buy first? Which one sells better in store? Thanks!
    Have a Luvly Day!

Rhino Keeper
    They both sell fairly well but you're limited to how much you can craft in the candle maker by your beehive. You can upgrade the beehive now but that takes a lot of resources to do. The deli has all the resources readily available and all the items sell well in my shop. All I make is the salads and I can never keep them in my store for long before I sell out of them. I usually sell 2 at a time or they sit there. Candles also sell out but I can make deli items more often than the candles due to having more available items to craft them.
    I'd go with the deli before the candle maker.....but either one sells great on their own.

Executive Chef
    Off-hand, I'd say you need to consider which you are more likely to run out of space in first, the silo or the barn.

On the one hand, if you routinely find your barn getting full, making some candles is an easy way to open up 4 spaces in your barn at a time (3 beeswax and 1 wool), and later also the silo. As reewinder says, it isn't easy to accumulate the supplies from the Beehive, but it is possible now, and if you don't make candles regularly, the beeswax will stockpile until you need it.

On the other hand, if you routinely need to open up space in your silo because of too many crops, the Deli is a good way to use up Spinach, Tomatoes, and Carrots...but especially Spinach. While initially you'd need Bread and Catfish for the first item (Fish Sandwich), the Salad is the next item, and those can really empty out your stockpile of produce.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvsHorror View Post
    Which one should I buy first? Which one sells better in store? Thanks!

If you want to make money on your farm, then I would say buy neither.

There are things you can buy for your farm which add pure value and increase your profits and other things which may appear to give you profit but have a negative effect on profit overall on your farm: in other words, while you are using the resource, what you could have been using the ingredients/time/resource for elsewhere would have made you more money.

Both the Deli and Candle maker fall into the latter category in that they have a negative effect on overall profit on your farm. (**amendment in post number 7)I use neither of mine and, in fact, I don't use quite a lot of my resource buildings for the same reason and yet I can make up to 50,000 coins a day even while buying all I need in to make train orders. I make more money not using many of my resource buildings than using them.

Looking at your farm and if you have coins to spend and want to add pure value and make profit then I would suggest that you buy these when you are at the level to do so.

Second bait shop
    Water garden
    Have 12 pigs
    Have 12 sheep
    Have all the fruit trees which you are allowed

That said, if you really do want to get those buildings then I would say that the Deli sells better. Salad is made only with crops and sells quickly. Catfish sandwich can never be found in the newspaper when I need it and sandwiches all go quickly.

Candles, on the other hand, tend to linger for some time so they are not so easy to sell.
    Last edited by ciarjen; 03-02-15 at 02:33 AM. Reason: added amendment note
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ciarjen View Post
    If you want to make money on your farm, then I would say buy neither.

There are things you can buy for your farm which add pure value and increase your profits and other things which may appear to give you profit but have a negative effect on profit overall on your farm: in other words, while you are using the resource, what you could have been using the ingredients/time/resource for elsewhere would have made you more money.

Both the Deli and Candle maker fall into the latter category in that they have a negative effect on overall profit on your farm. I use neither of mine and, in fact, I don't use quite a lot of my resource buildings for the same reason and yet I can make up to 50,000 coins a day even while buying all I need in to make train orders. I make more money not using many of my resource buildings than using them.

Looking at your farm and if you have coins to spend and want to add pure value and make profit then I would suggest that you buy these when you are at the level to do so.

Second bait shop
    Water garden
    Have 12 pigs
    Have 12 sheep
    Have all the fruit trees which you are allowed

That said, if you really do want to get those buildings then I would say that the Deli sells better. Salad is made only with crops and sells quickly. Catfish sandwich can never be found in the newspaper when I need it and sandwiches all go quickly.

Candles, on the other hand, tend to linger for some time so they are not so easy to sell.
    Thank you, will take your advice!
    Have a Luvly Day!

Rhino Keeper
    ciarjen is right If you have lots of coins to spend go for it. But if not, I'd focus on something else and try to make money. Wait until there is a building sale to buy them once you've racked up coins.

Executive Chef
    An amendment to what I posted earlier in the thread. The candle maker is a building which adds value to the farm without having a negative impact on profit elsewhere on the farm if you craft the pink, lemon and blackberry candles. These do no need crops from your plots. Your plots are very profitible but if you have to use the crops in your buildings this is where you lose income you would have made on the crops if you just sold what you had grown. The vanilla candle does use a crop from the plots though.

To give you an idea on the profit you make above cost here is the lemon candle.

3 wax = 73
    1 wool = 38
    2 lemons = 91

Total cost for ingredients is 202, candle takes 4 hours to craft and sells for 231. Profit of 29.
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Farm Supplier
    Ciarjen:
    Just out of curiosity, how do you make $ 50,000 in coins a day? Please share your secret with all of us