Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2-26-15 Gem Sale

Rhino Keeper
    Gem sales should be across the board. I did not get one and unfortunately I probably would have bought some gems if I had. But knowing it is not given to everyone really stinks.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Crr008 View Post
    Gem sales should be across the board. I did not get one and unfortunately I probably would have bought some gems if I had. But knowing it is not given to everyone really stinks.
    I would have too.

Fashion Designer
    Will this be addressed? Could a mod or someone from TL please explain the rationale behind offering a gem sale to only a select few players? I've only seen one gem sale in FFS since I started playing in August and that was during Black Friday. Is this another way to "balance" the game and if so, how? Why not offer to all? Wouldn't you potentially get more people buying gems if the sale was offered to more players? I'm just trying to understand why I didn't get the sale. As someone who's bought gems at full price, I'm feeling a little ripped off. Thank you.
    Last edited by Hawksmoor; 02-27-15 at 05:15 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawksmoor View Post
    Will this be addressed? Could a mod or someone from TL please explain the rationale behind offering a gem sale to only a select few players? I've only seen one gem sale in FFS since I started playing in August and that was during Black Friday. Is this another way to "balance" the game and if so, how? Why not offer to all? Wouldn't you potentially get more people buying gems if the sale was offered to more players? I'm just trying to understand why I didn't get the sale. As someone who's bought gems at full price, I'm feeling a little ripped off. Thank you.
    You know what's funny? Everytime you spend money in major department stores, you get points. The more you spend, the more you save. Even credit cards offer rewards nowadays for every dollar you spend. But with TL, the more you spend, the more you .... ( fill out the blanks yourselves)

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by EviBrooklyn View Post
    You know what's funny? Everytime you spend money in major department stores, you get points. The more you spend, the more you save. Even credit cards offer rewards nowadays for every dollar you spend. But with TL, the more you spend, the more you .... ( fill out the blanks yourselves)
    ...hear is crickets ;-)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by readysetgo888 View Post
    I wonder if this is an indication that this game has started struggling to make a profit. Or, they are experimenting with a sale to random players, and if they find it profitable enough, perhaps they will start regularly offering sales as they do in their other games.

There is NO WAY that every player should not have been offered the same sale, however. The only way it would be fair is if they chose to offer a sale to ONLY those players who tend to spend a lot of money. That I would understand (like a bonus sale for being good customers) but that is clearly not what's going on.
    I dount there is a struggle. I play almost all of their story games. Well no, maybe six of them. But this is a recurring issue in all of them. The newer games get less sales because people buy gems with or without a sale. In farm story 2, you can see the hundreds of dollars folks Spent in game. We don't get sales at all. I've had one on an account I don't even play and never had one on the game I've spent tons on. People who have played bakery or fashion for years only get sales on Black Friday.

I doubt they will miss the players throwing hissy fits over a lack of sale. For every one they lose, three more will stumble upon the game. And one of them will be sure to buy gems without a sale at some point.

They defintely do on the other games I've seem. We are unhappy. But TL still cash huge checks. Complaining gets us nowhere.

Fashion Designer
    Can you imagine going into a store with a friend and you both decide to get the exact same pair of jeans. The cashier rings your friend in first and says to them "You get 20% off". Then, the cashier rings you through and there's no discount. You say to the cashier "Don't I get 20% off as well? We're buying the exact same item". And the cashier says...nothing. You're met with stony-faced silence. Then the cashier says "Next!"
    And that's acceptable??? On what planet???

Executive Chef
    Can you imagine going into a store with a friend and you both decide to get the exact same pair of jeans. The cashier rings your friend in first and says to them "You get 20% off". Then, the cashier rings you through and there's no discount. You say to the cashier "Don't I get 20% off as well? We're buying the exact same item". And the cashier says...nothing. You're met with stony-faced silence. Then the cashier says "Next!"
    PERFECT analogy.

Executive Chef
    Lol that's pretty much how I feel right now

I might tattoo that on my forehead.
    matiasabad94

level 75

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast