Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2-26-15 Gem Sale

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by matiasabad94 View Post
    Not me.

Anyway, 30% off is still not worth it.
    30% off is a huge difference. Tell that to the folks who actually buy gems on sale. And had to get gems without one, like me on ds. Sales would increase their revenue. Why they don't do it more often is beyond me.

Executive Chef
    What??? A sale and it's not being offered to all players? What???? Omg this is angering.

Those that are getting the sale, would you please share what level you are, when you started playing, and whether you have ever bought gems before? I want to know if there is a pattern to this.

I'm level 40, playing since August, and I have bought gems before (last time was during Black Friday sale)... no sale for me

Executive Chef
    Here is the sale:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	18620  

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by EviBrooklyn View Post
    This sucks. I said before if FF does the same as they do in DS that some get sales and some don't ( usually the paying players dont) I'll stop buying gems
    They're random. I have four accounts. They all get sales. The one I have literally spent hundreds of dollars buying gems for over the years, gets sales three times a week. If we don't like how it is, we have the option not to buy. Id love to buy gems on farm 2 but they don't do sales. So I dont. Unless it's a simple 1.99 package for 42 gems or something.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by onyxox View Post
    I got it, on my daughters account. 12 hour sale

Attachment 18619
    Wow this is ridiculous... I don't have the option to purchase just 20... my lowest purchase option is the 120 for $5. This must be a change they are making for newer players - and I'm guessing it's newer players getting this sale, although we need confirmation. Screwing over the older players again, are we TL? This is the most unfair company I could possibly imagine.

Never, EVER spending another dime on this game without major changes. Thanks for totally alienating your customers.

Executive Chef
    Not sure if I will buy any or not. I wish I knew if the new animal coming out tomorrow were a limited breed or not. Because if it's a limited breed going on at the same time as FOUR other limited breeds, I am absolutely, positively DONE with ever spending another dime on this game. However if it's a permanent breedable animal, the first in a LONG time, I'd like to give the company some positive reinforcement by buying some.

But the sale runs out before we find out what the deal with tomorrow's animal is. So... I guess I won't buy. Unless a staff member comes on here and swears the new animal will be permanent.

Also, just because some people are being "randomly" denied the deal, I may not buy in protest of that unfair treatment.

Executive Chef
    I wonder if this is an indication that this game has started struggling to make a profit. Or, they are experimenting with a sale to random players, and if they find it profitable enough, perhaps they will start regularly offering sales as they do in their other games.

There is NO WAY that every player should not have been offered the same sale, however. The only way it would be fair is if they chose to offer a sale to ONLY those players who tend to spend a lot of money. That I would understand (like a bonus sale for being good customers) but that is clearly not what's going on.

Executive Chef
    I got a 30% sale today. I bought gems for the first time because of it. I see that some players have the option to buy 20 gems (I think that's the amount) for $0.99, I really wish that this $0.99 option was released in all the games, even if it was just once a month. It would be so helpful at times.
    "Style is a simple way of saying complicated things"
    (Jean Cocteau)
    "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all"
    (Harriet Van Horne)
    "If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave"
    (Mo Willems)

Rhino Keeper
    I don't have it-is it because other people are a day ahead of us time zone wise? This is really unfair if we don't all get it!

Rhino Keeper
    Have people made sure to force-close the game to check to see if they have the sale? (I got one, but I didn't find out about it until after I did that.)

I'm glad there is a sale, but it's a pointless time for there to be one. Maybe if it was on the last day of the vday animals and I was deciding whether to speed breed, or something, but as it is I'll pass. I also don't see why they wouldn't just offer it to everyone. (Unless they offer different sales in order to get market data, which they don't seem to be doing, it makes no real sense...)

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast