Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Mining Dragon: Scarab Dragon 2-24-15 LIMITED

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryEllen821 View Post
    Any guesses when a new mining dragon will come out? I'm wondering when I should start stockpiling my 25 max bombs.
    24th of March probably.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by cocauina View Post
    24th of March probably.
    Thank you!

Nightclub Owner
    108 now
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Host(ess)
    I have 120. If I don't reach 200 by the 24th, will this dragon come back around at some point? If not, will I be able to use the scarabs toward a future Egyptian-esque dragon?

Executive Chef
    Unsure whether to try for my second one or save for the next dragon...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LonePudding View Post
    Unsure whether to try for my second one or save for the next dragon...
    If the Scarab dragon goes away on the 24th, you have just over 8 days. If you need the full 200 for a second Scarab, you'll need to collect an average of 25 tokens per day. You can only earn 6 bombs per day without spending gold, so you would need to average 4+ tokens per bomb. The math changes of course if you already have a bunch of the tokens you'll need or a stash of bombs. Probably steep odds without spending gold.

I recommend second mining crafted dragons for trading if it is a super rare. You can get large gems for crafting the craftable gemstone types. (This assumes you need the color(s) of the dragon for crafting a gemstone type crafted dragon.) It is much better to trade one dragon for a large gem than trading 10 dragons for small gems to trade for a large gem. The amount of evolution time involved is dramatic when you could be evolving dragons you intend to keep.

Otherwise, let it go and save your bombs for the next dragon. If you play long enough you will find yourself having to part with your duplicates. It is harder if they are sentimental favorites or you spent gold to get them.
    Last edited by MaribouMay; 03-16-15 at 09:33 AM. Reason: clarity

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by MaribouMay View Post
    If the Scarab dragon goes away on the 24th, you have just over 8 days. If you need the full 200 for a second Scarab, you'll need to collect an average of 25 tokens per day. You can only earn 6 bombs per day without spending gold, so you would need to average 4+ tokens per bomb. The math changes of course if you already have a bunch of the tokens you'll need or a stash of bombs. Probably steep odds without spending gold.

I recommend second crafted dragons for trading. If it is a super rare you can get large gems for crafting the craftable gemstone types. It is much better than trading 10 dragons for small gems to trade for a large gem. The amount of evolution time involved is dramatic when you could be evolving dragons you intend to keep.

Otherwise, let it go and save your bombs for the next dragon. If you play long enough you will find yourself having to part with your duplicates. It is harder if they are sentimental favorites or you spend gold to get them.
    4+ bombs every time would never happen for me so I guess I'll save for the next one. Besides, I already have a ruby and emerald dragon so the extra gems wouldn't really be useful. Thanks!! I hope the next dragon has black or pink!!

Banned
    maybe even a champ in the mines

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LonePudding View Post
    4+ bombs every time would never happen for me so I guess I'll save for the next one. Besides, I already have a ruby and emerald dragon so the extra gems wouldn't really be useful. Thanks!! I hope the next dragon has black or pink!!
    I doubt anyone could average 4+ tokens per bomb.

I would recommend you spend gold to get an extra SR dragon of black or pink. I did.

Banned
    I won't stress for a 2nd one on this.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast