Thread: Gift not given

Rhino Keeper

Gift not given

I was sending gifts today and received a notice that one of my gifts was not received by one of my neighbors because the receiver has either received too many gifts or (I do not remember what the rest said because I clicked on it too fast).

I figured since one of them was unable to receive my gift (and of course they don't mention which person it was so I don't do it again). I immediately tried to go back to my list and give the undelivered one to someone else.

Well, not only were they unable to deliver one of my gifts, but now I could not give the unused gift to anyone else.

Can someone help me understand what is going on and how to avoid this from happening again?

Rhino Keeper
    Not sure what's going on either but that's been happening to me for a few days now. Never used to run into that (but I never used to have that many neighbors until I started chatting on the forum either.)

Would appreciate some insights as well.

Rhino Keeper
    Happening to me as well. I've been trying to return a gift to the same neighbor for a couple days now but I get that message as well. Just hope my neighbor doesn't think I've been ignoring them

The Honorable Panda
    I did not have any issues today.

Sometimes when I check off to send to a neighbor and hit the send I noticed I had accidentally clicked another name so I ended up sending out a gift I did not mean to send.
    If it happens again on next reset, let me know.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper
    I don't doubt that there is something strange going on. I haven't had problems gifting in RS2 that I recall, but I have had the problem in FFS and it looks like DS is also having similar issues. Who knows when TL will fix or even acknowledge the problem, but it seems safe to say that it is not something that we're doing wrong on our side.

Just to keep the weirdness to a minimum, I have gotten into the habit of sending out my gifts one at a time instead of all three in a single dialog. I don't know if it prevents problems, but at least I have a good idea of which of my friends didn't get the gifts

Executive Chef
    Sometimes when I'm giving gifts I'll receive that same notice even when I'm sure I only gifted 1 person. It drives me crazy. However I'm still able to gift 2 more nbrs since this is only happening w my first attempt.
    Currently NOT ADDING NBRS SO PLZ DO NOT SEND INVITE
    Thanks,
    Elainecarrel

Quote Originally Posted by PraxisOfGood View Post
    I don't doubt that there is something strange going on. I haven't had problems gifting in RS2 that I recall, but I have had the problem in FFS and it looks like DS is also having similar issues. Who knows when TL will fix or even acknowledge the problem, but it seems safe to say that it is not something that we're doing wrong on our side.

Just to keep the weirdness to a minimum, I have gotten into the habit of sending out my gifts one at a time instead of all three in a single dialog. I don't know if it prevents problems, but at least I have a good idea of which of my friends didn't get the gifts
    Weird things with FFS when gifting and it says I had given a gift to that person already when I know I did not or that they had too many gifts. RS2 refused to allow me to gift more than 2. I think I had a DS issue too.

Farm Supplier
    This has been happening to me too.. Wasn't sure if they had a max amount of gifts they could receive? Didn't know it was a glitch.

Rhino Keeper
    Got the same thing again today.

Double checked to make sure I only selected 3 recepients.

Got the message that one of them cannot receive.

Go back to try to send to someone else but no gifting option anymore.

I try to gift different players but same thing has been recurring, I doubt it's becaise I hit someone who received too many gifts everyday.

Rhino Keeper
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	18573 I agree. I did not hit a wrong person and got that message. I've never received before yesterday, so not sure if an update in the program is causing this.

I just got it again.
    Last edited by travelingcircus; 02-22-15 at 10:57 AM.