Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: TOURNAMENT: Lunar Goat - 2015 Feb 20

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup0001 View Post
    Has anyone noticed the new habitat. Its called Stormy Shore, its electric/water and on sales now for 100 gems from 200 gems.
    Just saw there is a seperate post in the forums on it....sorry Saturday morning here in Oz still trying to wake up

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    That is so great to hear! Best of luck to you and everyone completing it using few or no gems!
    I wont be spending gems atall...anymore in this game! 7th dove! Certainly wont be spending for a rampage thing..now if it was a horse haha then maybe so but no..i will try..if i dont win no need to whine about it

Farm Supplier
    the prize really looks like a rampage that i already had months ago but i will try to get it any way. still struggling in the 2nd round. bah

Rhino Keeper
    A little Goat/Ram for Chinese New Year info. Apparently different Asian countries use different animals in their Zodiacs. I just saw this on a site about the Chinese new year. "It's different Asian countries. Vietnam for example uses Goat and not Sheep. They also use Cat and not Rabbit. There are other discrepancies too long to go into here."
    So maybe that's why we got a combo animal!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by rjazz View Post
    A little Goat/Ram for Chinese New Year info. Apparently different Asian countries use different animals in their Zodiacs. I just saw this on a site about the Chinese new year. "It's different Asian countries. Vietnam for example uses Goat and not Sheep. They also use Cat and not Rabbit. There are other discrepancies too long to go into here."
    So maybe that's why we got a combo animal!
    We got this animal because it was easy for them to make, since it is a Rampage with with slightly different coloring. It wouldn't have been difficult to make it more different and look unique. Even just changing the horns would have been enough.

Rhino Keeper
    To be fair, searching 'lunar goat' on google brings up some ram-horned goats as well.

And the reason it's sometimes referred to as a goat, ram, or sheep is because the term 'goat' in mandarin refers to all three and doesn't distinguish between them - or only through context.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodelle View Post
    To be fair, searching 'lunar goat' on google brings up some ram-horned goats as well.

And the reason it's sometimes referred to as a goat, ram, or sheep is because the term 'goat' in mandarin refers to all three and doesn't distinguish between them - or only through context.
    You know - I get that. If the Rampage didn't exist, I wouldn't object to TL's decision to call this a goat. The problem is that, upon deciding that they wanted to do a Chinese new year animal, they should have said, "let's make sure it looks quite DIFFERENT from the ram animal we already have in the game!" Rather than "yay, an excuse to release a clone!"

As long as we keep seeing clones, I'm going to keep complaining about them. I really do love this game and I don't even mind the limited animals so much but I am tired of exact copies of animals I already have.

Rhino Keeper
    Oh, I agree, the first thing I thought was "oh, rampage clone" because it really does look like one. (And, despite 'goat' being the preferred term these days, they could have gotten away with some cute fluffy red sheep or something probably.) I can't fault them just for the ram horns though since that's a valid interpretation. I guess your point though is that they could have changed the horns, still been right, and had a more differentiated animal though.

Anyway, five hours in and I just cleared Round 4. I usually start ramping up losses in the latter half.

Executive Chef
    I guess your point though is that they could have changed the horns, still been right, and had a more differentiated animal though.
    Yay! It was! lol

I actually did play a couple rounds against my better judgement and lost on round 2... definitely the end of it for me. I really do wish the prize was something I actually wanted, though. It genuinely does make me sad thinking about how much better each clone animal could have been with just a LITTLE more effort in most cases.

Executive Chef
    Oh, I agree, the first thing I thought was "oh, rampage clone" because it really does look like one. (And, despite 'goat' being the preferred term these days, they could have gotten away with some cute fluffy red sheep or something probably.) I can't fault them just for the ram horns though since that's a valid interpretation. I guess your point though is that they could have changed the horns, still been right, and had a more differentiated animal though.

Anyway, five hours in and I just cleared Round 4. I usually start ramping up losses in the latter half.
    Well I'll keep mine as a baby as baby rampage is cute

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast