Nugget #5 - Monsters
As many other things in the game, beasts are part of it since your very first steps in the Glimmer Forest. Monsters will spawn as you play the game. To get rid of the monsters, you need to battle it. Once you defeat it, you get a small reward; each monster provides various items and some energy.
Notes: This reflects the latest stand of the game with all main story line quests done. You may experience differences in spawn rate, spawn sources, and rewards at different stages of the game.
- Skunkupine - (3 HP), a grey skunk, easy to kill, first to appear in the game.
- Lovecupine - (3 HP), the same as a regular skunk, but dressed in pink.
- Fangbeast - (5 HP) Red looking wolf.
- Glimmer Troll - (7 HP) until boar appears, green trolls troll your forest.
- Friendly Glimmer Troll - (7 HP) Once Kaz returns to the Glimmer Woods. They are the same as the regular glimmer trolls.
- Dire Boar - (8 HP), appear later in the game as the Fareaie arc starts. Replace Trolls.
- Specials - Only spawned during certain quests or events. They have generally higher hit points and other graphics as regulars or pets. When hit, they sometimes drop specific goods. Known Specials:
- Troll King (99 HP)
- Evil Queen (99 HP)
- Yellow Skunkupine (3 HP)
- Green Fangbeast (15 HP)
- Blue Dire Boar (30 HP)
- Red Troll (60 HP)
- Purple Golem (90 HP)
- Glimmer Golem (10 HP)
- Vulzal (99 HP)
- Yamike (80 HP)
- Anje (50 HP)
- Naga (10 HP)
- Desert Naga (5 HP)
- Shipwreck Troll (7 HP)
- Ghost (8 HP)
- Werewolf (8 HP)
- Werebeast (8 HP)
- Flyger (40 HP)
- Ferocious Flyger (20 HP/10HP)
- Forest Raccoon (5 HP)
- Polar Bearling (20 HP)
- Yeti (30 HP)
- Enchanted Yeti (50 HP)
- Special Events – Only spawned during events. They generally drop special items when hit or defeated. See the inventory list or the event page see specifics about them.
- Skunkupine - Rat Tail, Fur, Creep Tooth
- Fangbeast - Creep Tooth, Fur, Bone, Fey Crystal
- Glimmer Troll - Troll Horn, Troll Essence, Mysterious Venom, Bone, Glimmer Dust
- Dire Boar - Fur, Bone, Feral Magic, Boar Tusks, Troll Horn, Troll Essence, Boar Pelt
- Golem - Glimmer Shard, Glimmer Fragment
- Aquanther – Aquanther Scales
- Marmosea – Mermaid Arc items
Each monster can be spawned from different sources. Note that only one monster can be on the game board at a given time.
- Skunkupine - Flowers, Corn, Wheat, Sugar, Tomato, Fellora Plant, Pepe, some Trees, Plants, Skunkupine Trap (5 gems), Fire Fox, Teacup Poodle, Shi Tzu, Lair of Beasts
- Lovecupine - Pink Flowers, Love Trees, Love Animals, Spire of Love, Fluttermush Ring
- Fangbeast - Animals (cows, chickens, pigs), Hot Pepper, Carrot, Trees, some Buildings (stable, hatchery, farmhouses), Fangbeast Trap (5 gems), Glimmeregg Bunny, Season 5 Training Dummy, Teacup Poodle, Shi Tzu, Ugly Goose, Lair of Beasts
- Glimmer Troll - Cabbage, Cocoa, Strawberry, Glimmer Bulbs, Buildings, Goddess Tree, Multi Flowered Hedge, Mushrooms, Pond, Well, Rocks, Glimmer Dust droppers, Glimmergate
- Friendly Glimmer Troll - Troll Sparring Pit, Lair of Beasts
- Dire Boar - Cabbage, Cocoa, Strawberry, Glimmer Bulbs, Buildings, Goddess Tree, Multi Flowered Hedge, Mushrooms, Pond, Well, Dire Boar Trap (5 gems), Rock Outcropping, Lair of Beasts
- Aquanther - Mermaid items that do not spawn Marmosea
- Marmosea - Tide Gate, Tidebloom
Once a monster has spawned on the game board, you need to battle it to get rid of it. Some important battle facts are:
- The battle is a series of weapon Left, Middle or Right swings. Each swing deals 1-HP damage.
- The battle is won once the monster has no more HP.
- Critical hits are dealt on random occasions. It inflicts 2-HP damage; with some special monsters you can inflict more damage.
- The Tablet of Tabernum provides a shard that increases the critical hit rate.
- A battle drains energy, you might get some back, but in general you lose more energy as you gain.
- A monster does not heal from combat injuries, so you can take your time to fight. You can even leave a monster with 1 HP for weeks in a corner of your map.
Battles statistics all made with the knowledge shard from monsters spawned during regular play.
Boars remain high energy drainers. The best fights are with the light monsters: Skunks & Trolls. They have the highest chance of generating a positive energy balance and are prone to high critical hits (faster defeat). For the lucky persons able to spawn Lovecupine, they are your best friend.
Note that statistics on regular Glimmer Trolls have not been made!
A critical hit is when a swings deals 2 or more damage. There is not statics on special monsters; however experience has shown that they are more prone to take critical hits then regular monsters.
The average change for a critical hit is 30%. Chances for a critical hit increases when it is the last blow to be made.
Speculation has been rampant since long on what is the best swing you need to perform to maximize de energy delta.
With R, M or L respectively Left, Middle or Right. The best strategy in terms of return on energy remains a right hit only approach.
<< Previous ----- Next >>
Last edited by ShibuyaCloth; 12-19-18 at 10:00 AM.
Reason: Links & Drops
Skunkupines spawn from sugar and trees too.
Fangbeasts also spawn from trees.
Trolls come from cocoa, strawberries, glimmerbulbs, later dire boss take those spots.
Glimmer trolls - Glimmergate.
Oh and the odd dire boar has dropped troll horns too.
Hi thanks for this.
in para 1 you have spelt beast "best"-line 3
Get boars from chocolate definitely, cabbage (I am fairly sure)
Troll's spawn on me when collecting from red mushroom rings, Tavern's.
Dire Boar and Fangbeast both spawn sometimes when I collect from the Magic Forge's, Hatchery's, Stable's, Mill's, and Tinker Camp.
Oh, and the Glimmer Golemn until you close the gate consistently shows up and the HP is 10. I can't recall if it was 90 or 99 for the brawling fight, but other than that one time, the rest of the time he showed up it was always a 10 hit. He kept taking my energy!
Thanks, keep it up. The Spawning section needs the most input.
Conservatories spawn dire boars.
I've never had a monster spawn from the magic forge or the tinker camp.
Originally Posted by queentina3
Spawn skunkupines - also tomatoes, fellora plants, Pepe the skunkupine, only certain trees ( not maple tree or fruit trees)
Lovecupines - also pink alicorn, wedding alicorn has been reported, love animals
Fangbeast - only buildings are hatcheries and stables (not dire boars) but not sure if farmhouses spawn them, hot peppers, carrots, trees but most choppable trees spawn skunkupines. Not from sugar.
Dire boar - also windmills, goddess tree, multi flowered hedge, mushrooms (any but fluttermush), tablet of tabernum, magic garden, deep mine, sparkling mine, ivy's hut, jewelers, Sabrina's house, conservatories, libraries, market, tavern, thurstons fort, cottage, Thomas' house, sawmills.
Perhaps someone can confirm whether dire boars spawn from observatories, Knights hall, jousting arena, watchtower, spires.
Last edited by Seriously700; 02-18-15 at 07:05 PM.