Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Nugget #5 - Beasts

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by robotparade View Post
    I always get Fangbeasts from tending animals.
    correct. Flowers tend to produce skunks. Most crops skunks or boars. Fellora tend to always spawn a skunk when harvesting a small batch (8 plots)
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

I wonder what has happened to the monsters? 20 strawberries + 20 hits on rock outcropping + 40 chops on trees + hit on goddess tree + 7 hits on ponds + 24 hits on cows = 112 hits & not one monster. Where did they go? Something hinky when 112 hits = 0 monsters. Usually, can‘t get through a collection of strawberries or livestock with out interruption by a monster.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by farmergirl4now View Post
    I wonder what has happened to the monsters? 20 strawberries + 20 hits on rock outcropping + 40 chops on trees + hit on goddess tree + 7 hits on ponds + 24 hits on cows = 112 hits & not one monster. Where did they go? Something hinky when 112 hits = 0 monsters. Usually, can?t get through a collection of strawberries or livestock with out interruption by a monster.
    During the monster hunt you scare them off. It's harder to get spawns. I am facing the same issue. Alas the troll pit does not count but the Jousting L5 arena does, it is the only secure source of monsters.

Troll Sparring Pit
    Info: Fight Trolls to get ready for battle!
    Type: Building
    Source: Quest
    Size: 2x2
    Requirements: 5 Troll Club, 4 Royal Block, 4 Super-Reinforced Dummy, 5 Troll Armor
    Drops: Coins
    Timer: 300 minutes // 5 hours
    Comments: Spawn a Glimmer Troll at each collection (Only one monster can be on the gameboard at a time!)

Jousting Arena L5
    Info: Come one, come all! Watch the best knights Joust!
    Type: Building
    Source: Quest
    Size: 3x3
    Requirements: 5 Adamant, 5 Rope, 10 Yellow Dye, 2 Horse Statues
    Timer: 720 minutes // 12 hours
    Comments: Spawn random monsters during the monster hunt events. (Only one monster can be on the gameboard at a time!)
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Rhino Keeper
    In the middle of the earth, in the land of Shire
    Are we going to add Nagas to this nugget?

Rhino Keeper
    Today I hit my purple cow and spawned flyger to answer the purple cow question north... asked

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you S8 so far so good glad I stuck around now
    Today I collected an alicorn wing (from haunted keep adventure) to go with my many horns in inventory. Yay I can make another alicorn the spawn rate for the flygers seems to be fair for me. I am so happy it's a monster hunt

Thank you for your time and effort in creating this post. Very helpful! Much appreciated!

Fashion Designer

weapons, trolls

Looking through old notes, we made a Homemade Sword to fight Skunkupines, and Meat Cleaver to fight Fangbeasts. I didn't think we made anything to fight trolls. Are there both Trolls and Glimmer Trolls in the game? Clearly I wasn't paying attention, lol.

Anyways, I found an Enchanted Blade in my bank, it says it glows when trolls are near. We made it right after Thurston put on his mail. (It's not Excalibam.) Did we fight trolls/glimmer trolls before we made it? Or is that what unlocks them?

Spawning is so random (sometimes a dry spell goes on forever!!) so it's hard to pin anything down. Under Glimmer Trolls it says "buildings," but I haven't had much luck: once every hundred years I get one at the library or tavern. I don't use farmhouses, maybe that's my problem? I thought fangbeasts liked houses, though. (100% endorsement of fangbeasts spawning for animals and stables. I think sawmills also.)

(It seems that events cause wild seesawing of relevant spawns; even the ones we need for the event are everywhere one day and absent the next.)
    Last edited by Lavenderdale; 05-27-18 at 01:08 PM.

Nightclub Owner
    Trolls don't spawn anymore once you have the Troll Sparring Pit. Only then you can spawn it from there, lucky if you have also the Lair of Beasts. Also it is hard to pin a monster to a building as it changes over time and/or you progress in the story. Events also tend to mess up the span location and rates. The only constants seems to be plants & crops.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post
    Looking through old notes, we made a Homemade Sword to fight Skunkupines, and Meat Cleaver to fight Fangbeasts. I didn't think we made anything to fight trolls. Are there both Trolls and Glimmer Trolls in the game? Clearly I wasn't paying attention, lol.

Anyways, I found an Enchanted Blade in my bank, it says it glows when trolls are near. We made it right after Thurston put on his mail. (It's not Excalibam.) Did we fight trolls/glimmer trolls before we made it? Or is that what unlocks them?

Spawning is so random (sometimes a dry spell goes on forever!!) so it's hard to pin anything down. Under Glimmer Trolls it says "buildings," but I haven't had much luck: once every hundred years I get one at the library or tavern. I don't use farmhouses, maybe that's my problem? I thought fangbeasts liked houses, though. (100% endorsement of fangbeasts spawning for animals and stables. I think sawmills also.)

(It seems that events cause wild seesawing of relevant spawns; even the ones we need for the event are everywhere one day and absent the next.)
    The names might be different in the story line but Glimmer Trolls look and act like plain Trolls (both green with troll club and 7 HP) so I'd say you're correct and it was the Enchanted Blade that was crafted to fight Trolls. I think maybe they knocked the Glimmer off of the Troll description at some point for whatever reason, I've been thinking of maybe playing the game on a new account just so I can focus on the story and refresh my memory, lol. If said memory serves, Excalibam is the sword we needed to craft to unlock the Troll King square on our boards and fight him.

I looked back at the goal guide and the dialogue claims "Glimmer Trolls hide very well, unless you know exactly where to look. They enjoy human riches and food. Try looking in places where people visit or dwell." So if you're still in the goals where you can spawn trolls I'd think maybe taverns and jewelers were a good place (food and riches) but as the ever knowledgeable Shibuya pointed out, at a certain point the trolls stop spawning.
    Last edited by AnnirasSweets; 05-27-18 at 05:15 PM.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast