Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Play?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rhino Keeper

Why Do You Play?

I was reading an article today about game addictions. I am on my games all the time, and I decided to figure out why. I think it is because it satifies my need to arrange and organize. I like things neat and orderly.
    How about you? Why do you play?
    Last edited by kooky panda; 02-18-15 at 02:09 PM. Reason: removed third party link
    Have a Luvly Day!

The Honorable Panda
    Moving thread to the Off Topic Forum.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Rhino Keeper
    I play because I'm not very good at games with DS I'm not competing with anyone & I also like collecting things. I've made friends along the way, which is a bonus

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by pattons_friends View Post
    I play because I'm not very good at games with DS I'm not competing with anyone & I also like collecting things. I've made friends along the way, which is a bonus
    Just how I feel! I hate to compete, I hate to race and do things fast. I was afraid at first I'd have to fight other players in the battle arena and instead they turned out to be supporters and helpers! I love DS and its community, you guys are the reason I'm addicted. And I am, play several times a day, and even at night if I have to.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvsHorror View Post
    I think it is because it satifies my need to arrange and organize. I like things neat and orderly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Annica5 View Post
    Just how I feel! I hate to compete, I hate to race and do things fast.
    Exactly that! I don't like games that rush you and hassle you and bother you. I like taking my own time and I like organizing and arranging and collecting pretty stuff.

This is why Fashion, Bakery and Restaurant are such fun games for me that I ended up leaving all my other (much more hardcore) non-TL games, even after so many years of playing. Then in the process, I got to also like Dragon, Fantasy Forest and Castle Story, where those three all started just from download promotions to get some gems for my 3 favorite games.

I try to reduce the number of games I play, especially when playing on several accounts (something I wish I never started, but I hate to delete all those games on alt account after all the work I've put into them), because TL make such addicting games, so now it's down to these 6 games. I am slowly trying to get rid of all other TL games, not only to save up space on my devices, but because all these games are soo time consuming.

Rhino Keeper
    I get that, I don't like games I can die in. The neighbors have been really great in this game too.
    Have a Luvly Day!

Rhino Keeper
    My sister downloaded Pet Shop Story, and I did since it showed up in my purchase list and thought it looked interesting. I started playing it and got bored, but then I saw this icon in the corner. I clicked on it, and saw this list of S8 games. I clicked on one with a unicorn, thinking it was interesting. I downloaded it, and began playing. Dunno how i got addicted to FFS though... And now I'm level 26 and have that Crystal Unicorn that lured me into the game the first place. I play through the night and whenever I can, even at the bus stop.
    Last edited by Shadifern; 10-10-15 at 11:22 AM.
    ✵✵✵✵✵ Sнα∂ιfєяη (plz call me Shadi)✵✵✵✵✵

✵✵✵✵✵plays Fantasy Forest Story (FFS)✵✵✵✵✵

✵✵✵✵✵Aura (ID is Shadifern)✵✵✵✵✵

✵✵✵✵✵forest news✵✵✵✵✵

Takes forever to get those freaking bombs. I'm running out of space, and fast. I already had to sell super rares because of this.

Farm Supplier
    First downloaded at my excitement having a smart phone.

I have ocd and anxiety and it helps with that especially when out and about instead of focusing on obsessions I play my games!

Lightbulb

I have bad anxiety and the games keep me occupied. Then I can relax. Or I find myself trying to watch tv yet
    That doesn't work cause I can't sit still half the time.
    I enjoy playing these games daily and I've met some cool neighbors
    Last edited by reba525; 03-26-16 at 08:44 PM.
    Come join me @Bakery,Restaurant,Castle Story.
    Just add me @ Reba525 (Reba555 for castle/bakery)

Rhino Keeper
    It is relaxing.
    Have a Luvly Day!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast