Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timed quest timer

Farm Supplier

Timed quest timer

So I'm a little confused. The quest to craft the harness appeared at 10:30 am when I paid gems to complete the previous step, which had only 2 hours left on it after doing some mysterious magical time compression from 3 days to 12 hours.

On starting the next step, the timer said 3 days at 10:30 am. At 5:30 pm it still said 3 days. But at 7:30 pm it reads 2 days. So after being active for 9 hours, it went from 3 days to 2 days. Am I missing something critical here?

I've played TL games for 2 years, and I've never seen the timer do this. Why are we being subjected to this timed event torture?

Nightclub Owner
    I could be wrong but I think the timer is based off of TL time and when the goal became active from their end.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    I could be wrong but I think the timer is based off of TL time and when the goal became active from their end.
    Well yeah normally that's how it is, but it was split into 2 parts and the whole thing is just messed up. I mean, I had a single 8 day quest when I started, which lost 2 1/2 days when it was split, gained 3 days, and now lost the better part of a day again. This is kind of unacceptable...seriously.

In order to complete a timed quest, I need to know how much time I have. The time is randomly changing.

Sorry for the confusion! The Goal that asks you to give items such as Dyrad's Breath, Goat Horns, Light Feathers and such has been changed to a 12 hour optional Goal and separated from the "A Galloping Gift" Goal line. That's why you saw a different timer for this one and when you completed this and went back to the rest of the "A Galloping Gift" Goals, you saw the original timer.
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    Sorry for the confusion! The Goal that asks you to give items such as Dyrad's Breath, Goat Horns, Light Feathers and such has been changed to a 12 hour optional Goal and separated from the "A Galloping Gift" Goal line. That's why you saw a different timer for this one and when you completed this and went back to the rest of the "A Galloping Gift" Goals, you saw the original timer.
    But I had been working on that goal for days when it wasn't optional. When it became 12 hours, after I had completed about 90% of the item requirements, I had no indication that it was now optional, so I tried to complete it in the 12 remaining hours, though I did actually have to sleep. When it had 2 hours left I bit the bullet and spent about 30-40 gems. I would not have waited till the last minute if I had known I could skip it, leaving no time for completing the last part.. With no resources I might add...

Rhino Keeper
    I am also confused! I started working on the goal - thinking it was part of the game - that it was one of the steps "to do". I started "giving" what I had saved in my storage .... Then a timer showed up! It might have been 12 or 24 but either way, I cannot get over 60 Dryads Breath in a day ..... Or craft everything.... So I lost all the items I "gave" because I thought it was a required part of the game! Arrrgh!

Rhino Keeper
    Very disappointing. Every single player was in various stages of this goal. Some like myself used gems.

I think you really need to understand and test these goals before releasing.

"Sorry for the confusion" seems to be a phrase too often used in TL games lately.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    When will you people stop starting timed goals just before you disappear off for the weekend leaving us to cope with your mess? I worked on this quest for at least 2 days, using a few gems to skip the last muffin and a couple of driads breath and only now do you make it timed and therefore skippable?

In future I suggest you keep someone around to sort out the inevitable mess-ups!

Executive Chef
    I am also annoyed by this I got this quest just as the weekend started and wanted to know before if it was optional, as it was such a tight schedule with an adventure to boot I didn't want to hang around waiting, turns out I should have waited 4 days?!? I gave the goods as it was confirmed that it was a required step and wasn't optional and had to be done. So i've lost all those items like many others for something had it been correctly structured I would have waited for the timer to finish.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleScorpion76 View Post
    I am also annoyed by this I got this quest just as the weekend started and wanted to know before if it was optional, as it was such a tight schedule with an adventure to boot I didn't want to hang around waiting, turns out I should have waited 4 days?!? I gave the goods as it was confirmed that it was a required step and wasn't optional and had to be done. So i've lost all those items like many others for something had it been correctly structured I would have waited for the timer to finish.
    And that is why I feel like I've been slapped in the face. WE ASKED multiple times last week, before TL closed down for the weekend. With the information given to SpiritWind we had little choice but to DO THE GOAL and now we find out we could've just sat here and waited 4 DAYS to skip it???? All that time we spent chopping, all those resources that wouldn't drop, all that frustration, and finally the relief when we were able to complete it to just find out now that we never had to do it!

Of course TL won't give us our resources back even though this whole goal chain has been a disaster from the beginning, and this part in particular was clearly a problem on THEIR end. No, we are made to suffer as usual while TL just ignores the issue. The next goal chain will most likely be of a similar nature, unless they actually learn from this debacle. Since they seem to ignore our questions, I wouldn't be shocked if they ignored out complaints as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast