Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's in your market?

Rhino Keeper
    My street market has been very good to me. I get lobster, rice, mushrooms, peppers, onions, steak, peas, etc. I don't get cucumbers very often (as some people are complaining about) but I get bread, pasta, tomatoes and eggs sprinkled in as well. I have 9 slots and feel good about what I am getting.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by travelingcircus View Post
    My street market has been very good to me. I get lobster, rice, mushrooms, peppers, onions, steak, peas, etc. I don't get cucumbers very often (as some people are complaining about) but I get bread, pasta, tomatoes and eggs sprinkled in as well. I have 9 slots and feel good about what I am getting.
    I wonder if that is the key to the whole situation - having 9 slots available. Most of the people that really enjoy it seem to have at least 9 slots so the variation is more apparent.

Don't get me wrong, I do like my market for the most part as it has given me much needed items right when I needed them, but it isn't often enough and the whole egg/cucumber/bread thing is just so darn annoying. Honestly I wish TL would just take Eggs, Bread, and Cheese out of the Market completely as honestly, how many actually purchase those items from there??? I'd wish they'd take tomatoes too but then I think some would murder me for that suggestion as they're not patient enough to wait the two minutes.

Rhino Keeper
    Hahaha LOL you're hilarious. Of course I wouldn't really mind if they *only* ever sell long wait items. I'm trying to phase out my lower level tomato recipes anyway.

But I think having more slots help. I still get 4-6 filler crappy items each turn but if you have more slots than that then you will get something good each turn.

I seem to get a ton of lobsters and beef in my market, wish there were some decent recipe for those items but alas, I don't think so.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerhobbes View Post
    Hahaha LOL you're hilarious. Of course I wouldn't really mind if they *only* ever sell long wait items. I'm trying to phase out my lower level tomato recipes anyway.

But I think having more slots help. I still get 4-6 filler crappy items each turn but if you have more slots than that then you will get something good each turn.

I seem to get a ton of lobsters and beef in my market, wish there were some decent recipe for those items but alas, I don't think so.
    I knew you'd know I was talking about you with the tomatoes.

You'll get a kick out of this. I checked the game a little while ago and went to the street market, it was filled with Mayo in all 6 slots. *bangs head on desk*

I was so tempted to upgrade the market to 9 slots right then and there, but..... I opted to up my seafood market from 2 ingredients to 3 instead. Now all four of my markets give me 3 ingredients and I'm happy with that. I need to expand my pantry and then restaurant next, after that I'll expand the street market. Right now my pantry is only 70 ingredients and I'm having to delete either garlic or basil, whichever gets too ahead of the others. In fact I had to delete some ginger the other day as it got to 15 and the others were only at 5. I really wish that we could decide what we planted in the garden but alas, with every good thing there has to be a bad, that's a bad.

Rhino Keeper
    The funny thing is that I finally switched up the recipes I cook and start using cucumber and mayo -- and discovered they aren't really reliably available to me in the market. Bummer.

Just now I got
    Pea 57
    Rice 58
    Salmon 66
    Tomato 4
    Lemon 68
    Milk 37
    Lobster 136
    Beef 23
    Lobster 114
    Egg 2
    Egg 2
    Milk 45
    Lobter 103
    Cucumber 34
    Carrot 18
    Sugar 29
    Cheese 4

Sadly only sugar is needed at this point. I've switched to higher coinage recipes but most of them don't require 'rare' ingredients.

Executive Chef
    The funny thing is that I finally switched up the recipes I cook and start using cucumber and mayo -- and discovered they aren't really reliably available to me in the market. Bummer.

Just now I got
    Pea 57
    Rice 58
    Salmon 66
    Tomato 4
    Lemon 68
    Milk 37
    Lobster 136
    Beef 23
    Lobster 114
    Egg 2
    Egg 2
    Milk 45
    Lobter 103
    Cucumber 34
    Carrot 18
    Sugar 29
    Cheese 4

Sadly only sugar is needed at this point. I've switched to higher coinage recipes but most of them don't require 'rare' ingredients.
    Ok a little jealous of the number of slots in your market!!
    When upgrading the market I noticed it jumps from 6 to 9 slots. Is there any other point where you get more than one slot for upgrading cause I see the next is only from 9 to 10 slots?
    Main id: squinn1981

Rhino Keeper
    I actually never even noticed that 'jump' but from memory it's just one slot at a time.

Don't be jealous, I'm at level 49 and some of my supplier markets are still at level one (restock one item at a time, ugh.) It's just compromise after compromise right?

<--- addictive personality that's helpless against chance elements in games.

Executive Chef
    I actually never even noticed that 'jump' but from memory it's just one slot at a time.

Don't be jealous, I'm at level 49 and some of my supplier markets are still at level one (restock one item at a time, ugh.) It's just compromise after compromise right?

<--- addictive personality that's helpless against chance elements in games.
    Ok thanks,
    I need nails!!!
    Main id: squinn1981

Rhino Keeper
    Haha yep. That's why I keep moaning about not getting enough nails. It's not that CID isn't dropping them, it's just that the street market takes up a lot of nails.

Nightclub Owner
    I'm upgrading my pantry and then the street market so I'll have at least 9 slots. I won't even bother to tell you what was in my market this morning, as you'll only laugh hysterically at me. I'll give you 3 guesses and the first two don't count.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast