Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not getting bombs for breeding?

Rhino Keeper

Not getting bombs for breeding?

Has anyone had an issue for not receiving the correct amount of bombs for breeding? I had a 12 hour breed, and only received 1 bomb. I was under the impression that for every 6 hours you get 1 bomb. So 12 hours should net you 2 bombs..correct? My limit was not reached on bombs either, as I only had 3 bombs in storage.
    stormId: GreasedLightening

Quote Originally Posted by GreasedLightening View Post
    Has anyone had an issue for not receiving the correct amount of bombs for breeding? I had a 12 hour breed, and only received 1 bomb. I was under the impression that for every 6 hours you get 1 bomb. So 12 hours should net you 2 bombs..correct? My limit was not reached on bombs either, as I only had 3 bombs in storage.
    You will receive 1 Bomb per 6 hours (hours in the day), and it does not matter how long the breed is.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Regina View Post
    You will receive 1 Bomb per 6 hours (hours in the day), and it does not matter how long the breed is.
    I noticed that you qualified your response with (hours in the day). Are you implying that speeding up the breeding process affects the number of bombs you receive. If I have a creature with 12 hours of breed time in the den and 6 hours expire and then speed up the last six hours, will I receive 1 or 2 bombs?

Rhino Keeper
    Did I miss something? When did this change? Are you saying that we are only allowed to collect 4 bombs every 24 hours, no matter the breed time?

Executive Chef
    Did I miss something? When did this change? Are you saying that we are only allowed to collect 4 bombs every 24 hours, no matter the breed time?
    That would be a major change, and put speed breeders out of business. I don't personally speed very much, but I believe speeders get tons of bombs currently by speeding... that's how they are able to expand so fast. I can't imagine that TL would make the decision to force people to NOT speed by not giving them any bombs if they speed.

I thought about it and I don't know how you wouldn't receive 2 bombs for a 12 hour breeding though. The hours roll over, as far as I understand it, so if you have a 15 hour breeding, you should receive 2 bombs and 3 hours would carry over, so that if your next breeding was 9 hours, you would also receive 2 bombs (counting the 3 rolled over hours). If you didn't have any rolled over hours, then you'd get just one bomb for a 9 hour breeding. But unless I'm missing something, there's no way that you could possibly get less than 2 bombs for a 12 hour breed. So, if you got just one bomb from 12 hours, either I'm missing something or something has been changed.

Rhino Keeper
    For some reason I was under the impression that it's an every-8-hours thing but I could be wrong (considering a staff member already posted).

I agree that it would be a weird move if you could only ever earn 4 bombs a day even with speed breeding, as that actually de-incentivizes people to spend gems...

Executive Chef
    Me too. I got only one bomb on 12 hour amordillo

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodelle View Post
    For some reason I was under the impression that it's an every-8-hours thing but I could be wrong (considering a staff member already posted).

I agree that it would be a weird move if you could only ever earn 4 bombs a day even with speed breeding, as that actually de-incentivizes people to spend gems...
    Just read another thread in bugs and issues where someone bred a unicorn, and only received 2 bombs.

I guess I totally missed the update that said you get bombs based on hours in day rather than breed time. I've been playing this game since July 2014, and have always been awarded bombs based on breed times. At least that's what I thought I was getting. Not sure if memory is right or not, but I believe when I had 45 hour breed, I received at least 5 to 6 bombs. Haven't had a 45 hr breed in a awhile, but I know it was more than 2 bombs.

Executive Chef
    Seriously????
    I won't speed the breeding anymore

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by EviBrooklyn View Post
    Me too. I got only one bomb on 12 hour amordillo
    Evi, did you speed this one? I did not speed this one, started breeding time yesterday.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast