Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Bakery Update 02-11-2015

Executive Chef
    I wonder if bundles will replace boxes? The bundles give us some of the features that players have been asking for... you know what items you will get, no repeat items (unless it's tables/chairs), and it's cheaper.

Did TL actually give us something we asked for !?! They must have hired new person, thanks new TL lady !

*edit, just noticed there are some repeat items. Oh well, at least your guaranteed the '1st place' prize.
    Last edited by AnnasCoffee; 02-11-15 at 01:17 PM.
    ~~~ more CAKES in Bakery Story please ~~~

Executive Chef
    I don't get it. If the timer is only a discount on price and the bundle is here to stay, how is it you can only buy the bundle once? Shouldn't you be able to buy it as many times as you want?

Executive Chef
    You actually get repeats of other stuff besides the tables and chairs. Eg you get two of that Urban wall decor.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnasCoffee View Post
    I wonder if bundles will replace boxes? The bundles give us some of the features that players have been asking for... you know what items you will get, no repeat items (unless it's tables/chairs), and it's cheaper.

Did TL actually give us something we asked for !?! They must have hired new person, thanks new TL lady !

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_07 View Post
    Pepper just visited your bakery looks great! Did you bought the previous bundle cause I didn't notice your cafe tables previously ?
    Nope, didn't buy the first one cause I already bought the Barista Counter and Coffee Bean Display last Xmas Sale. I had the cafe tables in storage.

Quote Originally Posted by filochick1982 View Post
    I don't get it. If the timer is only a discount on price and the bundle is here to stay, how is it you can only buy the bundle once? Shouldn't you be able to buy it as many times as you want?
    Maybe to be fair to the first bundle, since we can only buy that once too.

Executive Chef
    And where is the sympathy/empathy from Android players who continue to have access to older versions of the game and therefore content, that is no longer available for iOS players?

I don't think Orleansparish was dismissive at all. She said that she didn't complain when she was on Android and had no access to the features that iOS players had. She was simply saying that yes it sucks but it is what is. Complaining won't make the changes happen faster and the reason the changes didn't happen faster was more likely because of an Android coding issue that had to be resolved first moreso than TL being lazy and not giving a toss about their Android players.
    and that's the way you read her comments--which is why i was very careful to state that the comments felt smug to me.

personally, i believe we should complain about things we find problematic in the game. even assuming you're right and that TL is working on a coding issue that's blocking bundles on android (and i agree that's probably what it is, not laziness or lack of care for droid players), i think it's important that they know it's important to us, rather than assuming. i also find it easier to accept the situation once i've publicly stated that i'm unhappy about it. if orleansparish doesn't find it helpful, that's fine for her. that's just not the way i work.

and as a probably point of agreement, please understand that when i say "complaining" i mean just that. i'm not a huge fan of screaming posts or endlessly harping on the same point either.

Executive Chef
    Maybe the reason you can only buy bundles once is because that's the trade off for being able to 1) get items not available in the general market, 2) because the items are heavily discounted in the bundle and 3) there is a guarantee of getting the exact items you want. I guess TL don't want to give the bundles too much of an advantage over boxes because it would mean no one will gamble on boxes anymore which I assume is their largest source of revenue and ain't no way they're giving up their bread, butter and bacon too.

Quote Originally Posted by PepperWoo View Post
    Nope, didn't buy the first one cause I already bought the Barista Counter and Coffee Bean Display last Xmas Sale. I had the cafe tables in storage.

Last edited by filochick1982; 02-11-15 at 01:41 PM.

Executive Chef
    No way will the bundles replace boxes. The bundles are a one time purchase deal, which therefore limits the gem purchases of players. Boxes obviously don't do that which means more revenue for TL. I think these bundles were designed to appeal to those players who would never gamble on boxes due to the odds being against them. This is simply a genius way for TL to get gems from players who would never buy gems previously. Whoever thought of the idea deserves a promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnasCoffee View Post

*edit, just noticed there are some repeat items. Oh well, at least your guaranteed the '1st place' prize.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperWoo View Post

Maybe the bundles are currently on a trial and not necessarily a replacement for the boxes, perhaps as a secondary purchase item just like how the boxes are main gems purchases.

I think it's pretty good even though a couple items are repeated, at least you're guaranteed to see what you'll get and the exclusive 1st price or LTO.
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

Fashion Designer
    And where is the sympathy/empathy from Android players who continue to have access to older versions of the game and therefore content, that is no longer available for iOS players?

I don't think Orleansparish was dismissive at all. She said that she didn't complain when she was on Android and had no access to the features that iOS players had. She was simply saying that yes it sucks but it is what is. Complaining won't make the changes happen faster and the reason the changes didn't happen faster was more likely because of an Android coding issue that had to be resolved first moreso than TL being lazy and not giving a toss about their Android players.
    We aren't being provided access to these old version so by TL and they have said numerous times that they don't support the use of them. The option just happens to exist with the constant version releases that are required on Android and a third party providing access to them still. This is a bit different as TL is purposely releasing this for one and not the other.

What she said probably wasn't intentionally dismissive, but I can see how it came across that way somewhat. It does kind of seem like "I didn't complain, so you shouldn't either". Again, I don't think she meant it that way since she's not that type of person from what I've observed, so just something that can just get taken the wrong way with the way it's worded.

However, I see no huge difference in these complaints versus the recent Black Friday complaints that were very much shouted from the rooftops recently. Still an issue with TL, just different reasons. And if it is technical and not indifference, then they could state that. Instead, they just say iOS only and go about their business as usual, leaving Android users just sitting there twiddling their thumbs...waiting. If I missed them saying that about this feature, then that's my mistake. But AFAIK, radio silence all around, which does give you the sense that they just don't even care about giving it to us anytime soon.
    I am no longer accepting new neighbor requests at this time, I have more than enough for now. Thanks!

Executive Chef
    See I think the reason that TL haven't mentioned if it will be available on Android is perhaps because they don't want to make a promise they cant keep. They are most likely still investigating the possibility of including the feature on Android and working through possible coding issues. If they flat out said it would be available or that it would be available by x weeks/months, then that puts pressure on them to deliver something by not only a certain time, but to deliver something which after some trials and investigation, they may actually not be able to deliver because of a coding issue that can't be resolved. It certainly wouldn't be for lack of trying. I'm pretty sure TL cares just as much for Android players as they do for iOS. Making a promise you can't deliver would be far worse than making no commitment at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LavaRain8 View Post
    We aren't being provided access to these old version so by TL and they have said numerous times that they don't support the use of them. The option just happens to exist with the constant version releases that are required on Android and a third party providing access to them still. This is a bit different as TL is purposely releasing this for one and not the other.

What she said probably wasn't intentionally dismissive, but I can see how it came across that way somewhat. It does kind of seem like "I didn't complain, so you shouldn't either". Again, I don't think she meant it that way since she's not that type of person from what I've observed, so just something that can just get taken the wrong way with the way it's worded.

However, I see no huge difference in these complaints versus the recent Black Friday complaints that were very much shouted from the rooftops recently. Still an issue with TL, just different reasons. And if it is technical and not indifference, then they could state that. Instead, they just say iOS only and go about their business as usual, leaving Android users just sitting there twiddling their thumbs...waiting. If I missed them saying that about this feature, then that's my mistake. But AFAIK, radio silence all around, which does give you the sense that they just don't even care about giving it to us anytime soon.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast