Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Tournament 2/10/15 - Rumblebee

Rhino Keeper
    Two rounds to go. Six o clock pm now, about 4 tries before i a going to sleep. Hopefully wifi in the hotel if i am not finishing tonight. Probably speed up some fights.
    🆔 Bambamstad

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodelle View Post
    Results: Rumblebee Tournament (30W, 17L)
    Musing: This is the best tournament I've done so far. I was blown away, honestly. What do I chalk it up to? Probably heapings of good luck! However, here are some things I've learned:

Since the last tournament, I leveled&evolved my Glacial Griffin (water-earth) up to level 15/epic. I now have three epics - GG, Vinotaur, and Ancient Sloth. Since the last tournament I have also acquird a Citrine Peregrine, which is useful against water-nature animals - there seem to be quite a lot of those. They gave me trouble in the past.

I've also opted to use the lvl 15 Vinotaur (nature/fire) even when there were animals were a ruby or emerald may have been the 'best' option. Why? Because mine are only level 10, and I honestly seem to have better 'luck' when it comes to just using the higher-leveled Vinotaur. It worked fine this tournament!

My weaknesses at the moment probably centered around facing the citrine peregrine. The only dark super rare hybrids I have were either dark/nature or dark/water, both of which are not that great against it. Hatching this tourney animal should help with that, though.

When I have time/coins/food, I'll probably work on getting my thorilla to epic next.

Overall I used Thorilla (lightning/earth) 5 rounds, Glacial Griffin (water/earth) 6 rounds, Vinotaur (nature/fire) a whopping 9 rounds (preferring it over my lower-leveled gem hybrids), Ancient Sloth (earth/nature) 4 rounds, and Citrine (gem/lightning) 5 rounds. I only used something else for 1 round (the aforementioned round against the citrine peregrine).
    Congratulations on your victory. I am sure your analysis of your tournament performance will help improve your prospects for future tournaments.

Executive Chef
    My results so far:

Round 1 - Won with Menoram (1 try)
    Round 2 - Won with Steamtrunk (1 try)
    Round 3 - Won with Unicorn (1 try)
    Round 4 - Won with Unicorn (1 try)
    Round 5 - Won with Gold Lion (1 try)
    Round 6 - Won with Storm Sphynx (2 tries)
    Round 7 - Won with Grassquatch (1 try)
    Round 8 - Won with Gold Lion (1 try)
    Round 9 - Won with Unicorn (1 try)
    Round 10 - Won with Thorilla (2 tries)
    Round 11 - Won with Glacial Griffin (1 try)
    Round 12 - Won with Unicorn (1 try)
    Round 13 - Won with Unicorn (2 tries)
    Round 14 - Won with Unicorn (2 tries)
    Round 15 - Won with Unicorn (5 tries)
    Round 16 - Won with Unicorn (1 try)
    Round 17 - Won with Menoram (2 tries)
    Round 18 - Won with Unicorn (1 try)
    Round 19 - Won with Sloth (1 try)
    Round 20 - Won with Steamtrunk (1 try)
    Round 21 - Won with Thorilla (3 tries)
    Round 22 - Won with Onyx Ox (2 tries)
    Round 23 - Won with Unicorn (4 tries)
    Round 24 - Won with Gold Lion (1 try)
    Round 25 - 5 losses so far

Current record is 24-15. If the Retriever takes much longer to beat, I will not be happy.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by readysetgo888 View Post
    Me too! I don't want to get my hopes up that I'll beat the tournament with enough time to hatch him, though. I've had a pretty smooth tournament so far, but all it takes is one round to get stuck on 15 times, and that ruins everything. I'm afraid the Retriever is going to be that round for me as well. I'm at 4 losses to it so far. It doesn't matter what fighter I pick... I know it doesn't. If the game wants me stuck on this round, I'm stuck on this round, and I'm betting that's what's happening. I was expecting it after the relatively easy tournament I've had otherwise. I just hope it doesn't prevent me from being able to hatch him and actually earn a few gems.

Best of luck to you! Hopefully we both beat it soon.
    6 loses now to the Retriever! I think you're right, it doesn't matter what animal you pick, you're either going to win or lose. Let me know when you beat it. I hope we both beat it and are able to hatch before the clock runs out. Doesn't this Bee have a 24 hour hatch time? That's going to make this even more difficult lol.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxe View Post
    6 loses now to the Retriever! I think you're right, it doesn't matter what animal you pick, you're either going to win or lose. Let me know when you beat it. I hope we both beat it and are able to hatch before the clock runs out. Doesn't this Bee have a 24 hour hatch time? That's going to make this even more difficult lol.
    Try ASloth? I won with my Lvl 12 ASloth 1st try . Gd luck

Rhino Keeper
    Good luck! I personally used my Vinotaur (lvl 15, for the nature element) and that seemed to work all right, but it mostly comes down to luck as you said.

By the way, if you can win, put the bee into a nest and wait at least 4 hours, you can break even if you speed it (the quest gives you 20 gems for it). I'm planning on sticking it in a nest, waiting 4 hours, and then just speeding the rest to get it out of the way.

Executive Chef
    I once won against treasure creature with fairy ferret
    Try the Christmas world event animals against this guy or rare with nature in it also
    This tournament my level 15 emerald lost a few times against retriever. I finally got him with vinotur

Fashion Designer
    Retriever is kicking my butt! Six+ losses now. Using Poodle 15 (Xmas) and Santa Claws 14 (Xmas). Going to try some of the suggestions here. Hoping one works!

Executive Chef
    Yeah, I would disagree that Poodle is the best choice against Retriever, due to it being only a rare. Any nature super rare (level 15 if you have it) is what I would stick with (except for anything with dark). Of course, it's mostly luck and we don't know whether level, rarity, or strong elements has the greatest impact on victory.

At 6 losses now... so frustrating, but completely as I expected. I just hope I wind up this tournament with more like the even win-loss ratio that I had in the first couple 6 day tournaments that I kept track of... as opposed to the more recent ones, where I had significantly more losses (like 30-45 or so as a final record).

Rhino Keeper
    Finished, in time for holiday start.

Page 1, post 3 showing the details.

Overal score 30-27, just a normal tournament score in my opinion.

Now back to breeding for valentine creatures, but first hatching the bee, cause i like the 20 diamonds.
    🆔 Bambamstad

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast