Page 91 of 117 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 2/5/15 The Big News - wedding carriage & Alicorn

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
    TL don't listen to the complaints. It was an innocent mistake that we under stand needed to be corrected.
    I'm sure TL gets dozens of requests daily from players who have made "innocent mistakes" that "needed to be corrected." Their repeated response has been that we have to live with our mistakes. So I can't cut them slack on this one.

I personally believe TL should have given everyone a couple of days to get the extra unicorn as a way of preventing an innocent mistake from becoming a major PR debacle. Clearly they didn't want to pursue that route, or even let the original fast shoppers keep their bonus alicorn. They decided that only allowing 1 earned alicorn was more important than upsetting their customers.

Now that would not have been my preference, but if that's the path you are going to pursue, then it should at least have been handled respectfully. TL could have immediately put out a notice that any free alicorns would be removed from the game within a few days (I assume the delay was for time for programming the Ali-napping). Would people have been disappointed? Sure. Would people feel betrayed? Probably not. The lack of communication made an unfortunate situation into an egregious one, in my opinion.

Rhino Keeper
    I was dreaming or I read something about a second w-ali for free for those who accidentally bought the one available in the market????

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by CharmOfLea View Post
    Completely understand that.

PS If the ransoms is 0 gems I'll get it back to where it belongs. But still report them to the police.
    LOL This is hysterical
    💎💎Gem confirmation button please!💎💎

New Resident
    Here's what I don't understand. What is the harm in leaving the 2nd Wedding Alicorn? It gives you four (YES 4) energies per day. It's not like it gives you a full 40. I doubt there are many players at level 40 (the benchmark for getting this release) who don't have at least one regular Alicorn and one Wizard School, and most probably have more than one. Frankly, I couldn't care less if it gives me anything at all. I don't even use a full 40 energies most of the time anyway. The wedding carriage needs two Wedding Alicorn's to pull it. Come on TL!

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleScorpion76 View Post
    Could the thread be left open from say Tuesday to Thursday that way we can discuss the potential update in the correct place?

Every week I mean, and it gets closed shortly after we've heard there is an update sometimes it's nice to speculate after we've heard if there is one.
    I will check with Pika and Spiritwind on this.

To Clear up some false statements made yesterday:

Spiritwind did not report the issue where a few players still had their second alicorn. That report was made by me. If anyone has issues
    with my actions, (or any moderator's actions) as per the forum rules, do not reply on thread. You can send a PM to discuss, or file a forum dispute thread asking a Community Manager to review the moderators actions.

There were two members reporting that some players still had two alicorns. Please remember that if you post an issue here, it is the job of moderators
    to forward issues and/or concerns of members over to the community managers.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 02-12-15 at 09:05 AM.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Quote Originally Posted by notanimer View Post
    Please tell me if I'm understanding this right: if you didn't grab the wedding alicorn From the market when they accidentally put it out for 0 coins, then you will only get one alicorn- the prize after finishing the wedding goals. However if you were able to pick it up from the market before they discovered the error (as it appears many did) then you get 2 wedding alicorns? If so this is so very unfair to those of us that didn't grab it while it was up. I know TL did not intend anyone to get 2, but this error was their fault and therefore they need to put the alicorn back in the market for 0 coins so everyone else can have a second one. I hope someone from TL will read this and fix it for us.
    I was one who gained the Wedding Alicorn for 0 coins. I gemmed my way through the 24 hour thing (which I now feel was an expensive waste of gems). I have been trying to complete the HORSIN' AROUND goal, but am having very little luck getting the last ALICORN HORN POLISH and I refuse to buy it with gems. So for now, even though I'm not busting a hump as I previously was, I will try to just wait and see. But I'm very bummed that I wasted 372 hard earned gems!!!!
    I am .. GR8FUL1

⚔TSS⚔
    Loyal Guardian of Thuakie Sword #⃣3⃣2⃣
    ✖️✖️{}=============>

Quote Originally Posted by northwoodskingdom View Post
    dear dabag (& spiritwind, kooky panda, shibuyacloth, all other big-time forum helpers) ~ your work is endless and greatly appreciated. I, & most other regular forum readers, realize you don't work for tl and don't blame you for posting information as it's been presented to you, thinking it is accurate. None of this latest development is any fault of any of you. You guys rock!

Dear tl gods ~
    picture this....
    You go to a restaurant where folks know your name (y'know, since you dine there daily!) and sit down. The waitress places a basket of chips on your table.....time passes ... Then the waitress returns to the table to take your order and says, "oh i'm sorry for the confusion; i didn't intend to sit down a basket of chips yet. Your complimentary chips will arrive later, with your order. I'll just resolve this by taking *this* basket back. Don't worry; you'll still get one later." you've already eaten a few chips but watch in disbelief as the waitress scoops up the basket and nonchalantly walks away to the next table to remove their first basket, even though the second basket was already on their table, too...

That analogy is a really bad example but you get the jist & it's how many of us players feel now. Incredulous. Shocked. Confused. Upset. Mad. I mean really, wtf!?
    You give a gift but take it back days later ...you truly don't understand how best to rectify your mistakes.
    So very sad. Infuriating, really.

Fyi tl .... There are many players who don't visit this forum and are so confused right now! I know this because several of my neighbors are blowing up my wall, asking where their wedding alicorn went and what happened. It's ridiculous that i'm put in the position to go around to make explanations to my neighbors about your mistake and delayed "resolution" so many days after the fact (another very serious mistake!) players are upset!!!!

What started as a fun new quest has quickly turned surprising in a very sour way.
    And now moderators and long-time forum rock stars are probably overwhelmed by this influx of forum activity (and apologizing for you!).
    Actions cause reactions. This whole thing is just so wrong on so many levels. *sigh*

/done posting here on this forum or being a cheerleader for awhile and giving serious consideration to finding another game or addiction. I am seriously u-p-s-e-t!
    Bad move, tl. Shame on you.
    hear, hear!!!!!!!! I agree a million times over with northwoods!!!!!
    I say boo-hiss, tl! And i have always applauded and backed y' all........i'm thinkin' not so much anymore!! Those were my birthday gems bought for me by my sweet hubs and daughter! Yeah, im ranting.and screaming. I'm not sure i want to defend you anymore
    I am .. GR8FUL1

⚔TSS⚔
    ✖️✖️{}=============>

i WHOLEHEARTEDLY SECOND THAT!
    I am .. GR8FUL1

⚔TSS⚔
    ✖️✖️{}=============>

Executive Chef
    When are we going to get it ?!
    That the Walicorn in and of itself is not the issue?
    It is TL's alinapping it back, after 5 days without any notification to the players,
    that IS the issue!

Editing to add : Make that 7 days, with yesterday's other Walicorns takeover, I guess without notification as well.
    Last edited by Liloze; 02-12-15 at 09:46 AM.
    💎💎Gem confirmation button please!💎💎

I wholeheartedly second Northwoods post above.

Sincerely,
    *NOT* so GR8FUL
    I am .. GR8FUL1

⚔TSS⚔
    ✖️✖️{}=============>