Page 56 of 117 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 2/5/15 The Big News - wedding carriage & Alicorn

Rhino Keeper
    TL promised a fun quest for this week. Its really exciting but not fun. First there was envy of tose who didnt get the free extra ali, then suferings of those who had and lost it. Is it really a good policy for making players happy? ithink its fair to give an extra ali to all players whi finished this goal

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously700 View Post
    Dear Abby,

Like many people, I may be investing too much in my "boyfriend" - financially, time-wise and emotionally.

It's turning out to be a very unsatisfactory relationship.

When we first "met," he was so much fun. He was handsome, witty, smart, charismatic. I never got bored. I wanted to spend more and more time with him. When I couldn't be with him, I'd visit the forum to talk about him with his other friends. Sometimes I was a little obsessed. I'd check in on him many times a day and even at night. I even introduced him to my kids and took him on our vacations.

To be fair, there have always been little red flags that made me uncomfortable. If I ever left money out in plain sight, it would mysteriously disappear. Usually I couldn't prove he had taken the money, but there was no one else around. Twice, I accidentally dropped my wallet and he grabbed it and wouldn't return it. He said "finders keepers." I even wrote him a polite note asking for my wallet back, but returning wallets was against his policy. I guess he had strong morals in that way. But I had a lot of money in that wallet and it was very upsetting that he would do such a thing.

A couple of times I tried not to see him for a few days. But eventually his charisma would charm me back and I'd forgive him. But I have learned to never ever again have money around him. That much, at least, I learned. That wallet stays far away from him!

And now, he's done another very hurtful thing. He gave me and my kids awesome presents. No, that's not the hurtful part. My son and I loved ours, but my daughter didn't open hers right away so he took it away. WTH? Oh well, I rationalized, she maybe wouldn't have liked it that much. But then a few days later, while we were out, he took back the presents from my son and myself. At first, we didn't know what was happening and we were very confused. But when we confronted him, he said sorry, but he made a mistake, he hadn't meant to give them to us and he had to take them back.

I am so upset. Is it time to leave this boyfriend behind? Did I tell you he's so much cuter than all the other guys I've met? It's so hard to leave after spending so much time with him.

Signed,
    seriously upset

This is so wonderful! Hahaha, hilarious I loved it. Great job

Btw, are earlier posts being deleted? The appearance of posts in this thread seem to be moving onto different (earlier) pages or earlier post #'s...

New Resident
    I've lost my alicorn as well. Thought it was great to get it. When I first started the game about a month ago, I purchased 1400 gems to help play around with. Down to 500 now and was thinking of getting another batch of gems because I was really starting to like the game. Hmm, techniques such as this will definitely make me rethink any further purchases. Especially considering I'm probably not leveled up enough to get the horsing around goal chain. Please return my wedding alicorn. I could see if it was an illegal glitch we were using, but it wasn't. It was programmer error. If you don't QA your updates before you release them, why should we suffer. Ah yes, while I'm contemplating gaming and life, why is there not a "confirm" button on the speed up things for gems. I've wasted 38 gems due to speeding things up by clicking near it, not even on it when the speed up was showing. Very annoying, and expensive.
    Last edited by cataclysm666; 02-09-15 at 07:19 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Why do I feel like the hand of god just reached down into our Queen and Kingdoms and snatched all the firstborn Ali's! TL do you never learn from the past? Pink Pony icon, anyone? You ignore our repeated, legitimate pleas to eliminate the gem taps with a comfirmation button. You steal back rightfully gained items. You are pushing loyal customers to the point of no return. And we will ride our sole, lonely wedding alicorn over to the app store!
    Duchess of Hooville 🔘❎🔷❎{🐗}=============>
    ⚔️⚔Proud Member (#30) of The Thuakie Sword Society⚔⚔️
    and Keeper of the Thuakie Dagger ⛔️❌{🐍}[#######>

Though I am disappointed at the loss of my free alicorn. This behavior from Team Lava does not surprise me. They don't care about their players or the quality of their games. I gave up on Dragon Story after reaching level 144 (out of 150) because Team Lava refuses to address the numerous bugs and crashes in the game. In addition they close down any thread complaining about the disparity between the Android and IOS versions.

Here is my list of what Team Lava's Corporate Values are:

1. Take as much of the customers money as possible.
    2. Don't fix any issues or bugs, that costs Team Lava money.
    3. Don't consider customer feelings as important, that would cost Team Lava money.
    4. Operating system parity is irrelevant because it would cost Team Lava money.
    5. Censor forum posts that do not cast Team Lava in a good light.
    6. Ignore customer complaints, addressing them would cost team Lava Money.

I could go on but why bother, Team Lava just doesn't care.

Host(ess)
    150 miles from the mean center of the US population

The Rapture! Our Wedding Alicorns are in Heaven! But we remain... awaiting Hell.

Alicorns once were an Earned Asset, from a 2-year-old limited-time Kingdom Goal.
    Now Gem-only, they have found a special place in the hearts of all who see them.
    They were made too endearing, becoming a badge of both money spent and CS love.
    With a sigh, any other asset could be rudely taken. But an Alicorn... that's gonna hurt.

They didn't pull duplicate Sabina Houses, Goddess Trees, or Matrix/Bijou Dragons.
    Good thing, too. Cause we took advantage of some loopholes and earned those puppies.
    This horse just fell out of the sky. A gift, a promise that we'd find the other one someday.
    Call her "Hope". She hints at our glorious future. No, wait... Never mind. No Hope Left.

They didn't have to do this. It was a CMA moment, demonstrating simple disrespect.
    We can thunder away in protest, or stick around and forget over time, like before.
    We can bite the hand that feeds, but it happens to be the same hand that spanks.
    We have never seen TL do this. An asset just... vanished... everywhere! Rapture!

So, we have no leverage. Inside the CS app on OUR OWN iOS device, TL is God.
    They could be nice. They could be mean. We are ants playing on their freeway.
    At any point, TL can type in some code and our 1000's of hours of tapping - gone.
    We invest our time in their benevolence, in denial that our kingdoms are THEIRS.

There will come a day when CS is no more, when this forum is a ghost town.
    Though we can keep playing discontinued iOS games, the CS app will be a shell.
    Our game, our love, our obsession, will someday be a rotting husk of a memory.
    Nay, perish the thought, and may TL reign forever! But come on. Its a business.
    Last edited by rar745; 02-09-15 at 07:22 PM.

"We apologize for the confusion"?? It's all we get today?

Deleting items which disturbs so many players, is not a confusion, Pika. Let's keep it real.
    Happy about new neighbors, just say you?re from the forum. I recently went from 275 down to 77. I get that ppl give up on CS.

CharmOfLea is an ancient gamer?s account, holla if you stormed me on GOW.

Quote Originally Posted by audithedragon View Post
    Though I am disappointed at the loss of my free alicorn. This behavior from Team Lava does not surprise me. They don't care about their players or the quality of their games. I gave up on Dragon Story after reaching level 144 (out of 150) because Team Lava refuses to address the numerous bugs and crashes in the game. In addition they close down any thread complaining about the disparity between the Android and IOS versions.

Here is my list of what Team Lava's Corporate Values are:

1. Take as much of the customers money as possible.
    2. Don't fix any issues or bugs, that costs Team Lava money.
    3. Don't consider customer feelings as important, that would cost Team Lava money.
    4. Operating system parity is irrelevant because it would cost Team Lava money.
    5. Censor forum posts that do not cast Team Lava in a good light.
    6. Ignore customer complaints, addressing them would cost team Lava Money.

I could go on but why bother, Team Lava just doesn't care.
    Well put.
    Happy about new neighbors, just say you?re from the forum. I recently went from 275 down to 77. I get that ppl give up on CS.

CharmOfLea is an ancient gamer?s account, holla if you stormed me on GOW.

agreed.

Executive Chef
    Dear Dabag (& SpiritWind, Kooky Panda, ShibuyaCloth, all other big-time forum helpers) ~ Your work is endless and greatly appreciated. I, & most other regular forum readers, realize you don't work for TL and don't blame you for posting information as it's been presented to you, thinking it is accurate. None of this latest development is any fault of any of you. You guys rock!

Dear TL gods ~
    Picture this....
    You go to a restaurant where folks know your name (y'know, since you dine there DAILY!) and sit down. The waitress places a basket of chips on your table.....time passes ... Then the waitress returns to the table to take your order and says, "Oh I'm sorry for the confusion; I didn't intend to sit down a basket of chips YET. Your complimentary chips will arrive LATER, with your order. I'll just resolve this by taking *this* basket back. Don't worry; you'll still get one later." You've already eaten a few chips but watch in disbelief as the waitress scoops up the basket and nonchalantly walks away to the next table to remove their first basket, even though the second basket was already on their table, too...

That analogy is a really bad example but you get the jist & it's how MANY of us players feel now. Incredulous. Shocked. Confused. Upset. MAD. I mean really, wtf!?
    You give a gift but take it back days later ...you truly don't understand how best to rectify YOUR mistakes.
    So very sad. Infuriating, really.

FYI TL .... There are MANY players who don't visit this forum and are so confused right now! I know this because several of my neighbors are blowing up my wall, asking where their wedding alicorn went and what happened. It's ridiculous that I'm put in the position to go around to make explanations to my neighbors about YOUR mistake and delayed "resolution" so many days after the fact (another very serious mistake!) Players are UPSET!!!!

What started as a fun new quest has quickly turned surprising in a very sour way.
    And now moderators and long-time forum rock stars are probably overwhelmed by this influx of forum activity (and apologizing for YOU!).
    Actions cause reactions. This whole thing is just so wrong on so many levels. *sigh*

/done posting here on this forum or being a cheerleader for awhile and giving serious consideration to finding another game or addiction. I am seriously U-P-S-E-T!
    Bad move, TL. Shame on you.
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 02-09-15 at 10:28 PM.