Page 1 of 117 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 2/5/15 The Big News - wedding carriage & Alicorn

Castle Story: 2/5/15 The Big News - wedding carriage & Alicorn

Hi everyone!

In order to access this week's update, you must be level 40+ and have Thurston's Fort and Sabina's House. They seem to have something important they want to tell you, what could it be? Whatever it is, sounds like they're going to need a lot of help! Check out this week's update to find out what they have to share!

The update will go live today (2/5/15) at 12 PM PST.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 04-09-15 at 06:19 PM.
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

THE PINK LOVECUPINE
    The Wedding Alicorn and Pink Alicorn may trigger a new goal which asks you to beat up a pink Lovecupine. You get this goal as the wedding alicorn is considered a pink animal.
    Note:
    1. you do NOT need to make a second sword.... you already have one in your inventory.
    2. the 5 lovecupines will be activated upon collection of a pink animal. It's random and rare to spawn one and this goal may take a couple of months.
    3. collect as often as you can from your pink animal.
    4. do not contact Support, they cannot help you as it is not a bug.

Wedding Carriage and Wedding Alicorn
    These will be permanent Goals that are part of the main storyline. Once you get to this part of the story, you'll be able to participate . This isn't the seasonal Valentine's Day update.

[COLOR="#990099"]AMENDED: ***The reward is a Wedding Allicorn***
    cost is 0 coin. Comes fully grown. Collection time 22 hours.

Note: * If you want to make sure you can make it through the timed challenge with a lot less stress, wait until you have 80 Faeries Murmur, 16 Floral Glow and 24 Fellora Blossoms on hand. You may need MANY more, depending on how many discount trades you manage to do in the first 24 hours. [note added May 2023]

Main Story Guide: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1364424

Wedding Alicorn drops - energy

Carriage drops: - In the goal Horsin' Around: wedding related drops - those in step 8
    Once complete, coins only

1. The Big News
    Promise to help 'Thirsty' - visit Thurston at home - skip 5 gems
    Reward: 490 coin, 3 xp

2. Shop 'Til you drop
    Visit the market place x1 - skip 5 gems
    Use Pile of seeds x20 - skip 20 gems
    Use enchanter's essence x1 - skip 10 gems
    Reward: 480 coin, 3 xp

3. Great Expectations
    Place the wedding carriage (place)
    Carriage is 2x2 size
    Cost: 50000 coin

Build: 5 Lace, 2 Wedding bells, 20 Rose petals, 5 Ribbons - all come from the new Royal Exchange trade
    Buy all for 300 gems.

4. Supermarket Sweep - OPTIONAL TIMED 24 HOUR GOAL. During this time, wedding supplies are easier to acquire.
    Bargain with the other planners x8 - 3 hours each in royal exchange
    Need: 10 faerie murmur, 2 floral glow, 3 fellora blossoms
    Reward: 490 coin 3 xp
    Note: you also get a trade ticket every time!

5. Carriage Conundrum
    Thurston's time to battle all of the wedding shoppers!
    Gather the wedding supplies x1
    Trade: 20 murmur, 4 floral glow, 4 fellora blossoms - 6 hours. Speed up exchange for 24 gems.
    Note: the reward screen comes up automatically after you complete this step. You may have to keep doing trade to get all items though.

A Job Well Done
    Upgrade the wedding carriage to level 1 (go)

7. No Horsepower
    See the newlywed's carriage. skip 5 gems. 2 hour collection wait.

8. Horsin' Around
    Have 2 alicorn shoe polish. skip 150 gems
    Use 5 alicorn horn polish. skip 150 gems
    Use 10 alicorn mane brush. skip 150 gems
    Beautify your alicorn (dress)
    Reward: 490 coin 3 xp and the Wedding Alicorn!
    Note: post from a player....."when I tried to place it for a sec it looked like the pet skunkupine but when I placed it was the alicorn!"

Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    The Wedding Carriage should still be dropping the Alicorn Mane Brush, Alicorn Shoe Polish and Alicorn Horn Polish.
    Sorry for the confusion. Even after the changes we've made, the items will still drop if you still need them to get the Wedding Alicorn. However, once you complete "Horsin' Around" and have the Wedding Alicorn, you won't need these items anymore so they won't drop from the Wedding Carriage.

If you are still doing the goal Horsin' Around, the parts will drop - ie, Alicorn Mane Brush, Alicorn Shoe Polish and Alicorn Horn Polish.

If you have COMPLETED the goal Horsin' Around, the parts will NOT drop. It will continue to drop coins (to be confirmed about the coins).

9. Cake 'N' Bake
    Make 1 cake frosting. 10 sugar, 20 Milk - 5 minutes in the kitchen (skip 10 gems)
    Make 1 wedding cake (cook)

Wedding Cake needs: 1 Frosting, 5 Flour, 20 Milk - 3 hours kitchen

10. The Reception
    Eat the wedding cake (eat)

my returns from exchange with the girls... SW: (it cost 12 gems to speed up the exchange)
    1. 2 ribbons, 5 rose petals
    2. 1 wedding bell, 2 ribbons
    3. 2 ribbons, 2 lace
    4. 2 ribbons, 2 lace
    5. 4 ribbons
    6. 4 lace
    7. 5 rose petals, 2 lace
    8. 4 ribbons
    Note: The goal auto completes after this and goes to step 5.

Last edited by SpiritWind00; 05-28-23 at 01:26 AM.
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Rhino Keeper
    my guess. what else big news could there be between those two? and maybe possibly we need the love shack for the big news?... maybe hopefully?

Rhino Keeper
    Since the Love shack is not returning, my best hope is a wedding arbor/chapel/some sort of flowery handfasting area that might do the same function as the love shack did. I am hoping for a world event, six months ago for halloween was just right, I am glad there wasnt one over the holidays but this time of year there is time to complete one.

However if this is the valentine event then it seems unlikely a world event would be level 40 + players only. So my bet is this is an individual event or if its truely story related, permanent character development then its an update.

Rhino Keeper
    Ohhhh.. Maybe they are gonna get married!!!!
    Duchess of Zoe's Castle in the Hidden Hills of the Thuakie Nation
    ⚔⚔⚔ Crystallized sword #26 ⚔⚔⚔
    Honored member of The Thuakie Sword Society.

Host(ess)
    I dont agree with the 40+ level. I have been playing this game daily for half a year and am surprised that i'm being excluded from a holiday event. At level 35, i wouldn't classify myself as a low level. Probley hurts more since I prepared more-than-normal ahead of time for the update (red pedals, strawberries, chocolate, ect). Anywho, cant wait till 12 to at least read about it. Missin the love on v-day.

edit: ah, nevermind. Carry on as usual
    Sorry for the drama.
    Last edited by Robkendy; 02-05-15 at 01:12 PM.

Executive Chef
    Disappointed for my neighbors, and other players below lev 40, not being able to join the update this week either...
    ⚔TSS⚔
    Guardian of Thuakie Sword #2
    🔵❌❌{❎}=============>

Queendom of Natalien

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Robkendy View Post
    I dont agree with the 40+ level. I have been playing this game daily for half a year and am surprised that i'm being excluded from a holiday event. At level 35, i wouldn't classify myself as a low level. Probley hurts more since I prepared more-than-normal ahead of time for the update (red pedals, strawberries, chocolate, ect). Anywho, cant wait till 12 to at least read about it. Missin the love on v-day.
    actually, none of them said it was a valentines day event update. or even timed. we just have to wait and see if it is timed or not. i doubt it is if it's involving character/story development. the only information we have about it is that it is happening today and is going to be "a very fun and surprising update" quoted from spiritwind in the weekly sneak peak thread. i really doubt they would exclude a lot of people from an event.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Robkendy View Post
    Looks like storyline to me. So in time you can take part.

New Resident
    The update is not online yet? I just clicked on both houses and nothing happend. I'm an level 45 player, so something should have happend.

Hi everyone!

In order to access this week's update, you must be level 40+ and have Thurston's Fort and Sabina's House. They seem to have something important they want to tell you, what could it be? Whatever it is, sounds like they're going to need a lot of help! Check out this week's update to find out what they have to share!

The update will go live today (2/5/15) at 12 PM PST.

Page 1 of 117 123451151101 ... LastLast