Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Brag your recipe!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerhobbes View Post
    Actually, I want to point out that, early in the game I arbitrarily opted to focus on street market + pantry upgrades, and I've developed a habit of taking full advantage of the street market (16 slots as of right now.)

The problem is that street market sells ingredients at an inflated price. Like I said I used this strategy very early on in the game, so I'm sure the food cost added up and stacked against me too.
    It may have but how inflated are we talking? The street market doesn't seem to inflate too much that it would cut too badly into your overall profit. 16 slots??? Holy mother of............Now I feel really small with my 6. *snickers*

Fashion Designer
    Anybody know if Heartberry Tart is worth the 120,000 it takes to unlock?

As it is it seems the Valentine Oven isn't worth the ingredients I put in there, unless I get a sugar windfall from the street market. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by infinitelove19 View Post
    Anybody know if Heartberry Tart is worth the 120,000 it takes to unlock?

As it is it seems the Valentine Oven isn't worth the ingredients I put in there, unless I get a sugar windfall from the street market. Thanks!

Nightclub Owner
    Ugh, it cooks for 6 hours and it's only a $3 dish?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ongakuonna View Post
    Thanks so much for posting! :-)

The specs are awful, though! It takes 120,000 to learn and 2 days, then it takes 6 hours to make and only gives 1,050 coins. So after 120 batches, over at least 30 days, I will finally have earned back what I spent to learn it. That is both crazy, and given my tendency not to use strawberries for anything else, so long as I have counter space, I actually might do this rather than just have my Valentine Oven sit there, idly.... Why such low earnings, TL???

Nightclub Owner
    Well technically speaking your oven doesn't need to sit there idle, you could store it.

Rhino Keeper
    Yeah, I was really excited about a cheap stove, only to realize all the recipes are worthless.

I'm trying to weed out dishes that are worth less than 5 coins in my restaurant, from memory none of the recipe produces anything above 4 coins, take forever to cook, and are quite expensive to unlock.

Mine already went into storage

Host(ess)
    The spreadsheet link above is great. Strawberries refresh in 6 hours and celery is 20 hours. Don't know cost atm.
    The milkshake is 2 sugar & 3 milk earn 1,080 cooks 30 min 180 servings. Milk refreshes in 1 hour.
    The fruit stand felt like it took me forever to open but it wasn't a problem bc I had to save for the drink maker also which was super expensive I think 480,000. That is were you really use the fruit.
    I rarely make the house blend spice anymore mostly because I find ginger hard to come by. I use ginger for other recipes and it doesn't grow as often as the garlic and basil for me.
    Royal Walker

Rhino Keeper
    What recipes do you use your ginger for?

I'm only really using basil and throwing away ginger and garlic all the time. If there's a high coin/dish recipe I would love to find some use for them.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    I've basically been doing the same, overall profit or cashflow compared to just $ per plate and have been making around $200k a day, but then of course I spend it fairly quickly on either expanding the pantry or a shop to hold more items or buying an appliance/recipe to unlock, nevermind additional decor. You'd never know I actually made $200k when I spend it just as fast.

What is interesting to note is that many plates that are $5 or $6 plates, aren't the highest profit plates. For the commercial oven you have Osso Buco that only makes $2 but the profit is $1,820 or Fajitas that only makes $2 but the profit is $1,214. Eggs Benedict is the highest per plate at $5 but the profit is only $281.

I'm really interested to see if the results vary and may have to experiment myself. Let all my food run out (not that hard to do since every night my counters clear) and then only cook $5 or $6 food for that day, then the next day when the foods run out again, cook only by highest profit per appliance. The only thing is keeping me from spending money on anything but ingredients during the experiment.
    Don't forget about the spice factor! Osso Buco with house spice becomes $4 per plate.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast