Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Brag your recipe!

Rhino Keeper
    Wow thanks for the analysis roeswaterlily!

I wish I could switch to the higher coinage dishes, maybe I will have to make up my mind and delete some of my dishes instead of sitting on my hands waiting and waiting.

Funny I never thought to leave the diner stove etc unused, you are right, the coinage aren't worth it and it's a waste of ingredients/ counter space and drag down per minute sales rate (through low coinage dishes.) I should seriously think about just stopping, but, ugh, old habits die hard.

What are some other 6 coins dishes? Right now I noticed:
    Mushroom resotto
    Veg Pizza
    Magaritas Pizza
    Veg Sushi
    Apple pie

Anything else out there that I missed?

I actually haven't unlocked the milk shake yet, the valentine goal stole all my coins just as I was saving up to unlocking them.

Milk is 30 coins per collection, readily available in the street market, and I think it restocks every 60 minutes.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm pretty desperate for any data on beverage recipes.

As of right now I only have the strawberry milkshake unlocked. While it's easy enough to gather enough strawberries and it's pretty low maintanence, it's a 3 coins per serving recipe ... which is pretty worthless to me.

I would unlock other recipes to find out but I am very very low on coins, I have to decide between finishing valentine goals, expanding, buying new stoves, or unlocking ingredients/ recipes O.O

If you have other beverages unlocked, let me know what they are like? Mostly I'm curious about coinage per serving, I'm trying to shift to 6 coins per serving recipes.

Thanks!

Rhino Keeper
    This thread has definitely helped me rethink some things. I was going to put my dinner stoves in storage but when you mentioned mastering recipes, I decided to finish mastering the ones I haven't already. It is so hard to waste my steaks on the hamburgers though...

I did pack up my valentines oven since I am done with the task and it doesn't seem like it is worth it to cook on it anymore, unless someone has a better suggestion.

Sorry, I can't help with drinks since I am only on level 40.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerhobbes View Post
    I'm trying to shift to 6 coins per serving recipes.
    I am curious with this method how much you are making per day, on average. I do not use this at all, I go for whatever recipe makes the most overall profit. Period. I make between 250k and 280k per day last time I was tracking it and that was about a week ago. If this method is actually more profitable for some, then that is great, but what I am doing seems to be working well for me so I am wondering how you are all getting it to work to your advantage and how well it is making money for you.

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerhobbes View Post
    If you have other beverages unlocked, let me know what they are like? Mostly I'm curious about coinage per serving

I have all of the info but the pink lemonade. You can't till I'm done with the beverage page??? I was going to do commercial oven next, but I will do this one next, just for you!
    Last edited by ongakuonna; 02-15-15 at 02:15 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Oh thanks sooo much! Of course I can wait, I still have to sell food on my counter to get enough coins to unlock the next recipe That's how broke I am.

I guess I am rushing it because coin is my major limiting factor right now. I have a few stoves available in the market for me but I cannot purchase because I don't have enough coins. I also have a large enough stockpile of high volume recipes as 'insurance' so that I can afford to spare a few counters for higher coinage recipes to help me get more coins faster.

Rhino Keeper
    I actually haven't measured my income rate, it's just that I end up purchasing something as soon as I have enough coins so it hasn't been easy to do. I will do a timed trial in the near future after I make a purchase.

Thanks again!!

Nightclub Owner
    I had made myself a little ***** sheet as each meal opened up to me, or I got stats on a meal that is still locked. The portion below just shows the $ per serving since I doubt anyone wants all the information I gather like Profit/Cashflow and what ingredients are used in what recipes, and etc...But I figured I'd share this little ***** sheet portion with all of you.

Sorry, I know it's not complete but many things still aren't open for me, recipes or appliances, so this is all I've got for now. One of the reasons why I like ongakuonna recipe cookbook as I can see items that are still locked for me.

Meal - Dinner Stove $ per

Fried Egg $3
    French Toast $5
    Grilled Cheese $4
    Breakfast Sandwich $3
    Hamburger $4
    Ravioli $2
    Chicken Alfredo $3
    Yogurt Parfait $3
    Tomato Soup $4
    Omelette $4

Meal - Commercial Range $ per

Steak & Eggs $1
    Cheesecake $3
    French Dip Sandwich $2
    Spaghetti & Meatballs $4
    Potato Soup $2
    Stew $4
    Chicken Noodle Soup $3
    Fajitas $2
    Eggs Benedict $5
    Osso Buco $2

Meal - Diner Oven $ per

Carrot Cake $3
    Sugar Cookies $5
    Bitterballen $4
    Chicken Broccoli Casserole $3
    Quiche $4
    Baked Potato $3
    Pepperoni Pizza $4
    Sfogliatelle $5

Meal - Deli Station $ per

BLT $4
    Antipasto Platter $3
    Cucumber Sandwich $5
    Tuna Sandwich $5
    Lox Bagel $3
    Lobster Sandwich $4
    Brushetta $6

Meal - Commercial Oven $ per

Baked Salmon $3
    Stuffed Peppers - Learning
    Margherita Pizza
    Veggie Pizza
    Meatloaf
    Apple Pie
    Stuffed Mushrooms
    Tuna Casserole
    Lobster Thermidor

Meal - Salad Bar $ per

Cobb Salad $5
    Veggie Sushi $6
    Tuna Roll $5
    Chicken Salad $5
    Greek Salad $4
    Salmon Sushi $3
    Mandarin Salad - Not sure as I don't have the cost for celery (I assume it's celery, hard to tell by pic)

Meal - Valentine Oven $ per

Meringue Roses $3
    Valentine Cookies $4
    Sweetheart Cupcakes $3
    Lovely Cheesecake
    Heartberry Tart

Shoot, and I noticed that it doesn't keep the columns separated, sorry about that.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by ongakuonna View Post
    I am curious with this method how much you are making per day, on average. I do not use this at all, I go for whatever recipe makes the most overall profit. Period. I make between 250k and 280k per day last time I was tracking it and that was about a week ago. If this method is actually more profitable for some, then that is great, but what I am doing seems to be working well for me so I am wondering how you are all getting it to work to your advantage and how well it is making money for you.
    I've basically been doing the same, overall profit or cashflow compared to just $ per plate and have been making around $200k a day, but then of course I spend it fairly quickly on either expanding the pantry or a shop to hold more items or buying an appliance/recipe to unlock, nevermind additional decor. You'd never know I actually made $200k when I spend it just as fast.

What is interesting to note is that many plates that are $5 or $6 plates, aren't the highest profit plates. For the commercial oven you have Osso Buco that only makes $2 but the profit is $1,820 or Fajitas that only makes $2 but the profit is $1,214. Eggs Benedict is the highest per plate at $5 but the profit is only $281.

I'm really interested to see if the results vary and may have to experiment myself. Let all my food run out (not that hard to do since every night my counters clear) and then only cook $5 or $6 food for that day, then the next day when the foods run out again, cook only by highest profit per appliance. The only thing is keeping me from spending money on anything but ingredients during the experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    I've basically been doing the same, overall profit or cashflow compared to just $ per plate and have been making around $200k a day, but then of course I spend it fairly quickly on either expanding the pantry or a shop to hold more items or buying an appliance/recipe to unlock, nevermind additional decor. You'd never know I actually made $200k when I spend it just as fast.

What is interesting to note is that many plates that are $5 or $6 plates, aren't the highest profit plates. For the commercial oven you have Osso Buco that only makes $2 but the profit is $1,820 or Fajitas that only makes $2 but the profit is $1,214. Eggs Benedict is the highest per plate at $5 but the profit is only $281.

I'm really interested to see if the results vary and may have to experiment myself. Let all my food run out (not that hard to do since every night my counters clear) and then only cook $5 or $6 food for that day, then the next day when the foods run out again, cook only by highest profit per appliance. The only thing is keeping me from spending money on anything but ingredients during the experiment.
    I'm a freak and I tracked my spending too... lol (minus the ingredients, just the major stuff, upgrades, counters etc)

Rhino Keeper
    Actually, I want to point out that, early in the game I arbitrarily opted to focus on street market + pantry upgrades, and I've developed a habit of taking full advantage of the street market (16 slots as of right now.)

The problem is that street market sells ingredients at an inflated price. Like I said I used this strategy very early on in the game, so I'm sure the food cost added up and stacked against me too.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast