Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tables and sales rate

Executive Chef
    Im only at expansion number 3, is it too early to start maximizing my profits from layouts? what level did you guys start at?

Ps. if you see an invite from cocobeans its me!
    Last edited by LonePudding; 02-12-15 at 12:48 PM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by LonePudding View Post
    Im only at expansion number 3, is it too early to start maximizing my profits from layouts? what level did you guys start at?

Ps. if you see an invite from cocobeans its me!
    I'd say start as early as you can as you'll need the coin to learn recipes and expand.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    I'd say start as early as you can as you'll need the coin to learn recipes and expand.
    Thank you!

Fashion Designer
    infintelove19, I think we may already be neighbors as your layout sounds similar to one of my neighbors. Are you Le Cafe, level 38?
    Thanks for adding me! As you discovered I am "Sparkles Cafe" level 49. I really like your layout, Appleblossom, but there is one flaw. I had this problem when I was low on space, myself! Your customer tables, opposite the servers/counters, have tables at either end, which the servers cannot reach. If you watch, customers will sit there and the server will not respond. The customers at those two tables will sit there forever and never get served. That is exactly the type of thing to watch for, because it is so easy to do, plus it actually looks nice!

My layout is a little 'boring' but it really is efficient, and not too mind-boggling to get to work effectively. When my restaurant was smaller I just had other decorations to stop my servers from wandering out of their pen. ;-)
    Last edited by infinitelove19; 02-12-15 at 03:15 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PraxisOfGood View Post
    I recall seeing a dev warning about a restaurant that had NO counters available for servers (and that restaurant somehow got the food to customers without servers), but I didn't take that to mean that ALL counters had to be available. If only some of them are available, your servers will "take" the food from there even if the counter that has that dish is not the one that they are standing at.

The attached photo (I hope) shows my restaurant, which takes that to a rather extreme end. It currently works fine -- more than fine, to be honest. If anything, I think it is more of an exploit that my servers don't have access to the front door. I hope my restaurant never catches fire!

Attachment 18334
    Very neat layout! You have totally eliminated the time it would take servers to walk. The customers' routes and time to walk to tables is the only 'time delay' to selling food, which as far as I have seen is completely unavoidable! Nice!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitelove19 View Post
    Thanks for adding me! As you discovered I am "Sparkles Cafe" level 49. I really like your layout, Appleblossom, but there is one flaw. I had this problem when I was low on space, myself! Your customer tables, opposite the servers/counters, have tables at either end, which the servers cannot reach. If you watch, customers will sit there and the server will not respond. The customers at those two tables will sit there forever and never get served. That is exactly the type of thing to watch for, because it is so easy to do, plus it actually looks nice!

My layout is a little 'boring' but it really is efficient, and not too mind-boggling to get to work effectively. When my restaurant was smaller I just had other decorations to stop my servers from wandering out of their pen. ;-)
    Ohhh, good catch! I didn't notice that. I think I'll move the counters back into the kitchen a bit more and then I can put those on the end without inhibiting the 2 row space behind the chairs. If I only have one row then they start to bump and I get congestion again. LOL

ETA: I think my layout now will work and I totally stole your idea, sort of. What do you think, look better?
    Last edited by queentina3; 02-12-15 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Stole idea

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerhobbes View Post
    Oh and @MuMug, I've noticed there are patrons in your restaurant that is unreachable by your trapped server so that they just sit there forever? IDK, maybe I just visited while you were in the middle of reorganizing.
    That's kinda normal... I have one counter facing the right way for each server. Now that I have 4 servers, I have 4 server-facing counters. So if one of my "stations" runs out of food, the server was kinda forced to "hang outt" at another station, assuming at hard reset. If I'm really running out of food to serve, I couldn't care less, right...? As long as I end up with empty counters every morning I wake up. ;-)

There's definitely a lot to tinker with! I don't know how to explain it... Down to the facing of the host! But I can tell you this, you got a crowd, it's a good thing!!!!!!! That means you're getting more inward flow of customers. Try to keep up. I had to pull the host further away from the door so the minions don't all get stuck there.

This was my restaurant: https://forums.storm8.com/attachment....2&d=1422051024

Right now I'm working on my blood and flesh Valentine's Day.

Rhino Keeper
    @McMug: Good point, I like how it self-balances and adjusts sales rate, very clever lol.

I actually had to move my podium closer to the door, give it any distance and I get a huge crowd/ queue which actually slows down sales rate (down from 65 dishes per counter per hour to 60 dishes per counter per hour.)

@enaid: I'm probably that guilty neighbour with blocked counter, haha. As you can see I do generate some sales rate so it probably does work. I keep hiring really immature staff with an attitude that keep annoying my customers so I went with automated service! Only self-serving people eat at my restaurant these days!

I did have problems if I even leave ONE counter 'exposed,' as long as I blocked every single counter then people will help themselves to the food.

Rhino Keeper
    BTW, even though I '*****' and opted for an automated food delivery system, I LOVE the clever ways people entrap their servers.

I find it funny that developer tries to discourage automated system as 'unintentional' feature but at the same time don't bother to iron out the unrealistic ways servers behave (i.e. keep getting trapped in places where they could have entered in the first place, keep taking long detours or take walk path that's counter intuitive that also interrupt customer flows etc.)

Fashion Designer
    Ohhh, good catch! I didn't notice that. I think I'll move the counters back into the kitchen a bit more and then I can put those on the end without inhibiting the 2 row space behind the chairs. If I only have one row then they start to bump and I get congestion again. LOL

ETA: I think my layout now will work and I totally stole your idea, sort of. What do you think, look better?
    The idea was not mine originally and you totally made it your own. VERY nice!
    I feel like I can never use decorations as well as many others... Just wind up sticking things places,often things we are required to buy for some goal or other and never remove old items. Oh, well. :-)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast