Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tables and sales rate

Rhino Keeper

Tables and sales rate

Have you noticed any real increase in food sales rate with more tables?

I don't know if I want to pay 40k for a table if it's just decoration, on the other hand I'm throwing away food to move onto new recipes, so if it makes a difference it's probably worth it?

Rhino Keeper
    I have max tables at lv 38 and I don't have to toss food out, ever. But I don't close my doors so I have customers coming at all times. Most of the time no matter how much I had before logging off, when i log back on the food is gone. So I don't know if your servings are tons more than mine or if it's the tables? I'd say I make the money for the table back in less than half a day/day.

Farm Supplier
    Definitely.

Each guest eats for 30 seconds. If guests don't have to waste time on the host or walk to the seat and then wait to be served, each table should take 2 guests per minute. In other words, if you have 10 tables out, you should be serving 20 guests per min.

Obviously this is not the case. I constantly tinker with my tables to get the best sales rate by minimizing these 3 factors. Right now I have 16 tables and serve around 26/27 guests per min. When I had 15 tables and before a floor plan change I was going 20-22 per min.

Another thing to consider, maybe pretty obvious, is that the more items you have out, the slower they get sold to empty a counter. If I have 9 dishes out, each dish will be sold at a rate of ~3 per min (27 guests per min / 9). I take this into consideration when I make recipes.
    Last edited by mcmug17; 02-09-15 at 12:30 AM.

Farm Supplier
    So I just turned 33 and bought another seat to max out...

I no longer have customers walk out on me because of no empty seats, but I can't fill that last seat fast enough! It gets used like every few minutes only. I won't be adding new seats until I can figure out how to increase the turnover rate of that last seat.

Rhino Keeper
    Happy birthday? (j/k)

I finally maxed out my tables and food seems to be selling faster. With that said, I don't recall ever seeing it totally filled, I typically see one or two empty seats towards the end of the 'row.' And interestingly, the seat behind the door never get used. I do find it interesting that where you place the seat matters so it's not just a straight forward math formula. I wonder if it's the same rate if you closed the game and it keep selling without running the 3d graphics.

Another interesting thing is that I only used to get that clock thing when the walkways were too narrow. Giving people enough room to dodge each other has eliminated the clock/seat graphic for my game layout.

Nightclub Owner
    I've had to change my place up a bit too as there was just too much congestion and I'm only on the 5th expansion. The servers were constantly bumping into the customers and there was such a backlog at the door....What I have now seems to be working for the moment and once I expand again, I'll probably have to change it up a bit again as well, though that won't be for a while. I'm closing in on level 25 and I'm hoarding my supplies to use for the Seafood shop. LOL

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerhobbes View Post
    Happy birthday? (j/k)

I finally maxed out my tables and food seems to be selling faster. With that said, I don't recall ever seeing it totally filled, I typically see one or two empty seats towards the end of the 'row.' And interestingly, the seat behind the door never get used. I do find it interesting that where you place the seat matters so it's not just a straight forward math formula. I wonder if it's the same rate if you closed the game and it keep selling without running the 3d graphics.

Another interesting thing is that I only used to get that clock thing when the walkways were too narrow. Giving people enough room to dodge each other has eliminated the clock/seat graphic for my game layout.
    Oh Thanks! I'm now 33 1/2 lol

I've tinkered my seats today and the guest flow has become kinda wonky. Sometimes I get a line and sometimes I don't. I used to be able to sustain a 26/27 serving rate, but I'm seeing anything from 25 to 29 now. Strange... Anyway, out of curiosity I completed closed the game, I mean I closed the application for 5 minutes. I had 11 different dishes out so I should be selling ~2.45 per plate per minute. When I open the game again I expected to see ~12 from each plate gone. I'm surprised to find that the number was 18! Anyone interested in the stats can do the same experiment and share your results! I'm not going to lose any sleep over selling more plates than I expected... ;-)

You should allow enough clearance around the door. The 6 spots surrounding the door may look empty but they're "phantom blocks".

So I'll let you know if I can sustain 28-29 per min. I would be super happy. If the host doesn't "let go" of guests quicker as I level up, I don't know if I can ever beat 30. Do you mind sharing your rate?

Rhino Keeper
    I will count my sales rate later, right now there is something wonky going on, only the first 4 tables get used and then people have the seat/ clock sign and leaves my restaurant.

Everything was normal until a sudden hard refresh and people stopped using my tables further inside. Both CID and the herbs lady left already, have no idea what's going on.

Oh and @MuMug, I've noticed there are patrons in your restaurant that is unreachable by your trapped server so that they just sit there forever? IDK, maybe I just visited while you were in the middle of reorganizing.

Rhino Keeper
    So on one counter, I sold 131 dishes in 2 hours. I have 20 counters all with food on it, I let my game run on my phone during the 2 hours.

Which means 20 x 131 / 120 = appr 21.8 dishes per minute. I'm lvl 49 with max tables (21.)
    Last edited by tiggerhobbes; 02-11-15 at 05:47 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    So I switched up my tables setup as the end of the rows tables weren't getting used.

I turned a linear (======) arrangement into a L-shaped arrangement.

Shockingly, I only sold 60 plates on one counter in an hour, instead of 131/2hr in my previous table arrangement.

There was also noticeable congestion at the 'intersection.'

I would experiment some more, but I'm looking at deleting food from 2 - 3 counters or waiting it out for the valentine goal now that the letters drop rate seem more reasonable. So I'm going to go back to 'best practice' arrangement for now.
    Last edited by tiggerhobbes; 02-11-15 at 05:48 AM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast