Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Tables and sales rate

Farm Supplier
    Tigger and Ellyse, do you remember since when you started accumulating food?

Rhino Keeper
    Not sure, sorry. Probably around the level when fajitas came in?
    I used to have lots more of fajitas, but the goal for Quiche kicked in (and Quiche actually brings the least revenue per unit of peppers) so I looked for something else to use my onions for, and Lox Bagel was what I found, highest revenue per unit of salmon and onion, actually.
    Now I'm stopping production of Carrot Cake and instead saving sugar for Cr?me Brulee and Ginger Snaps instead.

Rhino Keeper
    I don't have the exact timing either. I think it's just a matter of upgrading and getting more and more resources (ingredients) to the point where certain dishes get so piled up you don't have the option to cook anything else. By the time you have 20 counters, dishes sell so slowly even mid-range dish-counts dishes like stew and baked salmon ended up selling too slowly to ever empty.

As for valuing dishes, I went through different phases:
    Early game: cook whatever I have ingredients for
    Expanded pantry = start hoarding: strategically focus on max profit per ingredient dishes
    Expanded Street Market = more ingredients than I can use up: choose recipe that have short time and maximum flexibility (ie. only one key ingredient per dish) to use up whatever I find in the street market. Basically max coins per time unit because ingredients are no longer scarce, cooking capacity was what limited me.
    Higher level = coin shortage: things in upper levels are so ridiculously coins expensive, I started to realize if I keep selling 3 coins dishes it will take forever for me to upgrade anything. Finally deleted my old stockpile and focus on 5 - 6 coins dishes. Have 2 stockpile counter as 'backup' in case if high coinage dishes sell out so I will always have something to sell. Have a few counters for throwaway items that I only use for mastering recipes that I don't intend to sell. Thats where I am now.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbearsecondary View Post
    Did you ever make it work?
    I'm so embarrassed to even admit this but no!!!! LOL! I tried several more times, so many different ways and still didn't get it to work. So I failed at firing my waitstaff, I decided to jus try out some different table/chair placements. I think the current one is actually seating more although I still have 1-2 tables that are always open but better than the 3-4, which was what I had previously. Should probably count my customers per minute (never tried this) just to see....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567