Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tables and sales rate

Fashion Designer
    Make sure your waitresses don't have to walk all the way around to serve, give them plenty of options down the middle.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockinkitten View Post
    Make sure your waitresses don't have to walk all the way around to serve, give them plenty of options down the middle.
    And to add to that if you can have your counters close enough to the tables it will give them less time between the two and the food should sell faster. The longer they have to walk between counters and tables, the longer it will take to sell.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerhobbes View Post
    I let my game run on my phone during the 2 hours.
    Instead of having your game run on your phone while not playing, I would try force closing the game instead of leaving it running. It'd def be worth a shoot anyway...just a thought.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by queentina3 View Post
    And to add to that if you can have your counters close enough to the tables it will give them less time between the two and the food should sell faster. The longer they have to walk between counters and tables, the longer it will take to sell.
    I've been fiddling with this in my store and have come up with an arrangement that I'm really happy with. In fact, in my restaurant I have 16 tables, expansion 5, and my servers don't move at all! I'm also a bit proud of the fact that my cooks can reach all of the appliances, although that isn't technically important for anything as far as I can tell. I haven't tried counting how many customers I serve in a minute, but I have a feeling it would be hard to beat. Stop by and see what you think of it!

Fashion Designer
    Layout, number of tables and the time it takes customers and servers to get around makes a huge difference in rate of sales and customer turnover. I am quite happy with my layout, cooks and appliaces in corner furthest from the door and customer tables in an L-shape with the corner of the L nearest the door. Servers stay on the inside of the L, customers stay, sit and walk around the edge. My customers have a further distance to walk than the waiters, but almost no customers get turned away.

Feel free to add me and come have a look, and I am not sure if we are already neighbors or not, but I'd be happy to look at your restaurant and share some thoughts, let me know. :-)

Edited to add: Sold 83 baked potato in exactly one hour with 19 counters full. Not bad!
    Last edited by infinitelove19; 02-12-15 at 02:13 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    infintelove19, I think we may already be neighbors as your layout sounds similar to one of my neighbors. Are you Le Cafe, level 38?

Rhino Keeper
    No, queentina3, that's me .

It's hard to know who your neighbors really are when the names don't match ID's. What is your game name?
    Last edited by travelingcircus; 02-12-15 at 10:10 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Another question - wasn't it said somewhere that the counters needed access to the servers?

Some of you have them blocking access to the servers. But apparently it works?

Rhino Keeper
    I recall seeing a dev warning about a restaurant that had NO counters available for servers (and that restaurant somehow got the food to customers without servers), but I didn't take that to mean that ALL counters had to be available. If only some of them are available, your servers will "take" the food from there even if the counter that has that dish is not the one that they are standing at.

The attached photo (I hope) shows my restaurant, which takes that to a rather extreme end. It currently works fine -- more than fine, to be honest. If anything, I think it is more of an exploit that my servers don't have access to the front door. I hope my restaurant never catches fire!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	18334

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by travelingcircus View Post
    No, queentina3, that's me .

It's hard to know who your neighbors really are when the names don't match ID's. What is your game name?
    I'm AppleBlossom. LOL!!! Your set-up sounds very similar to what infinitelove was talking about. I just changed mine up yet again, hopefully to end any further congestion while still selling enough that I can keep pace. At least now my servers won't bump into the customers. I really need to expand again and now that I've expanded my pantry, I think that will be my next set goal to myself - expand my restaurant another level.

Quote Originally Posted by enaid03 View Post
    Another question - wasn't it said somewhere that the counters needed access to the servers?

Some of you have them blocking access to the servers. But apparently it works?
    TL said it wasn't a function of the game and they couldn't guarantee that your game may not glitch, or something to that affect. Just like blocking the door isn't a function of the game. I ONLY block my door when I rearrange things, then unblock it. However, if I wanted to hoard food, I wouldn't block the door but just remove the chairs from the tables. If they can't sit, they can't eat, but they can still come in and out again, leaving the game to function normally. It is no different then if there aren't any tables available to sit at as their full. I haven't done this yet as I don't care if I run out of food. I always have something available to place on an empty counter when I log back in so I won't lose Cid or Lilly or Frank, but otherwise the rest can starve until I'm ready for them.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast