Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Smitten Kitten - 2-6-15

Fashion Designer
    OMG, OMG, OMG!! I want it sooooo much! I am surprised how much I WANT it.
    OMG, OMG, OMG!!!

^^^ Seriously, I cannot express my need for this pretty kitty.

Sure hope it is breedable & that I will breed it successfully! OMG, OMG, OMG
    Or maybe a Valentine's day present from TL??? ;-P

Yeah I'm really losing my faith in this game. It was fun originally but I started in mid November and I've only seen the rate of new animals go through the roof - and the super-pricey Holiday 'element' habitat and blatant recolor-and-release strategy they're employing for this endless parade of new creatures is just dull.

It's become impossible to keep up - I just now got a Snowpossum and there's already the Paradise Parrot and now a Palmeranian and now this news of a new, possible Holiday element trio like at Christmas.. give me a break.

I play a few other of TL's games - Bakery Story and Fairy Tale Wonderland, specifically - but I've invested very little to no money in either. I'm about ready to pull my spending completely on FFS too, and I know I'm not the only one. They clearly only care about trying to make money hand over fist with gimmicky super-expensive habitats, one-time elements and of course those miserable tournaments where if you get unlucky, your level 15 super rare gets whooped by a level 5 common because you didn't get a crit. I don't need this kind of breakneck release pace, stressful tournaments, or the constant pressure to pay up for gems, from my games.

The cat's cute, and I'll try to get it but I'm at the end of my rope with TL's greed and awful service.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by purplemouse1 View Post
    Yeah I'm really losing my faith in this game. It was fun originally but I started in mid November and I've only seen the rate of new animals go through the roof - and the super-pricey Holiday 'element' habitat and blatant recolor-and-release strategy they're employing for this endless parade of new creatures is just dull.

It's become impossible to keep up - I just now got a Snowpossum and there's already the Paradise Parrot and now a Palmeranian and now this news of a new, possible Holiday element trio like at Christmas.. give me a break.

I play a few other of TL's games - Bakery Story and Fairy Tale Wonderland, specifically - but I've invested very little to no money in either. I'm about ready to pull my spending completely on FFS too, and I know I'm not the only one. They clearly only care about trying to make money hand over fist with gimmicky super-expensive habitats, one-time elements and of course those miserable tournaments where if you get unlucky, your level 15 super rare gets whooped by a level 5 common because you didn't get a crit. I don't need this kind of breakneck release pace, stressful tournaments, or the constant pressure to pay up for gems, from my games.

The cat's cute, and I'll try to get it but I'm at the end of my rope with TL's greed and awful service.
    You bet. Totally agree!

Rhino Keeper
    Yeah, the only money I've spent was literally around when I first joined (also mid-November!) on the crystal unicorn (and the vampire cat, because why not). I don't regret either purchase but FFS has done nothing to convince me to spend money on it - they don't have sales, they employ obviously money-grubbing tactics, etc etc. I mean, I am fine chugging along as a non-spender - it just means I'll get like 1/10th the animals others do.

Totally going to *** for this cat, and I would legitimately be upset if I don't get it. Buuuut not enough to spend money unless they change their tune.

I really wish they actually read these forums - or actually read them and took our issues into consideration. Instead they're going to continue alienating older and more long-term players, scamming new players out of some early cash with obvious gem-traps every month or two, and then laughing all the way to the bank at our expense.

I'd love for them to prove me wrong, but I played Dragon Story for a while, too, and from what I've seen it's gotten absolutely awful and FFS is just DS with a new coat of paint and a different menagerie.. what's to keep one from expecting it to go down the same route? The one time they made premium habitats a reasonable 150 gems it was for a couple of days only - and as far as I recall the Holiday Hamlet wasn't involved in that sale. So.

Really, I hate to be the pessimist but like I said - in 3 months I've seen a significant decrease in the quality of the game as they shovel in more and more cheap money-grabs and continue to be totally oblivious (perhaps intentionally so) to the wants and needs of their customers. In the meantime, I'll be taking my money elsewhere and getting my gems from installing some of their other bland clone games (and then promptly uninstalling because forget that noise) and keeping up with my neighbors who send gems to me.

Newer players take heed - it's not going to get any better from here on out. Don't shell out a single dime if you can help it.

Rhino Keeper
    i started around the same time as you, i didnt get halloween and thanksgiving started about 1 week after i started up, its been soooo hard getting all the limited animals, i havent spent alot of time on normal hybrids. and not to mention all the tournaments i missed out on because i wasnt the right lvl and when i was i had no fighters to help me really, no SR's. its been a very testing, keeping em on my toes kind of game and during tournaments, been affecting my sleep -.-

really not what you want in a game you put on your phone just for something to do now and then to entertain yourself. you have to log in practically every hour to keep up with everything -.-

its lucky these events encourage me to plant crops, when i first started i wasnt lvling anything as i could afford food with all the habitats expansions and rubble...
    Last edited by keller63; 02-04-15 at 06:13 PM.
    ID : keller63
    Fantasy Forest: LVL 29

Oh don't even get me started on the rubble! I just made an ice island expansion that literally cost more to clear than it did to expand to that zone. Honestly, the obscene coin and food costs of expanding/clearing/buying habitats/raising animals make the game feel less like an enjoyable challenge and more like a never-ending slog, interspersed with obstacles put in the way to goad you into buying gems or coins. It was only in the last tournament or two that I've been able to avoid having to ultimate-attack the last 3-4 rounds.

Honestly, I was feeling a bit sour towards TL and FFS in general before this latest holiday nonsense but it's gone from mildly sour to downright hostile. I feel like we're not being given any fair chance of actually getting new/limited animals unless we've got the cash to spend on gems to spend on speed-breeding/tournaments, the new elements are decent but honestly it's too little, too late, and having recently read that this holiday event will mean the required items per day is much higher than the Christmas one (combined with the fact that all three of the individual animal prizes are, in my humble opinion, boring recolors that have zero appeal to me), makes me want to just delete the game and forget about it.

Like, I want to buy gems because I genuinely feel inclined to and the use of them is rewarding - not because I'm down to the wire to beat a tournament, or because I'm desperately trying to get enough of the item du jour for the holiday event, or to speed-breed until I get that awesome-but-limited critter. Instead of rewarding, I feel like I'm practically being robbed - give us your money for gems or you can kiss that one-time-only neat thing goodbye. A game shouldn't make you feel like you HAVE to pay to play, whether it's hard cash or in excesses of attention and time (looking at you, flash tournaments).

Sorry, we're kinda getting off topic here. I mean it is related to them releasing yet another holiday event and holiday element trio but, still.. ugh.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by purplemouse1 View Post
    Oh don't even get me started on the rubble! I just made an ice island expansion that literally cost more to clear than it did to expand to that zone. Honestly, the obscene coin and food costs of expanding/clearing/buying habitats/raising animals make the game feel less like an enjoyable challenge and more like a never-ending slog, interspersed with obstacles put in the way to goad you into buying gems or coins. It was only in the last tournament or two that I've been able to avoid having to ultimate-attack the last 3-4 rounds.

Honestly, I was feeling a bit sour towards TL and FFS in general before this latest holiday nonsense but it's gone from mildly sour to downright hostile. I feel like we're not being given any fair chance of actually getting new/limited animals unless we've got the cash to spend on gems to spend on speed-breeding/tournaments, the new elements are decent but honestly it's too little, too late, and having recently read that this holiday event will mean the required items per day is much higher than the Christmas one (combined with the fact that all three of the individual animal prizes are, in my humble opinion, boring recolors that have zero appeal to me), makes me want to just delete the game and forget about it.

Like, I want to buy gems because I genuinely feel inclined to and the use of them is rewarding - not because I'm down to the wire to beat a tournament, or because I'm desperately trying to get enough of the item du jour for the holiday event, or to speed-breed until I get that awesome-but-limited critter. Instead of rewarding, I feel like I'm practically being robbed - give us your money for gems or you can kiss that one-time-only neat thing goodbye. A game shouldn't make you feel like you HAVE to pay to play, whether it's hard cash or in excesses of attention and time (looking at you, flash tournaments).

Sorry, we're kinda getting off topic here. I mean it is related to them releasing yet another holiday event and holiday element trio but, still.. ugh.
    I would save your posts and maybe post them in their own thread? So they aren't OT? I agree with everything you are saying.

I would, readysetgo, but to be honest? I don't think there'd be any point. I sincerely doubt TL reads these complaints or, if they do, that they're going to change their policies in the least. As I pointed out previously, they have no reason to - if they continue releasing new stuff frequently, unaware newcomers will shell out for gems well before they realize what's going on and leave. And the cycle continues.. But, thanks anyway.

So, let's get back on track here!

In case you missed it, the second Valentines element animal, the Love Dove, was announced recently as well though the thread got shut down. It looks like there's almost definitely going to be a Valentines element habitat (similar to the Holiday Hamlet, with a gem price tag and a limited amount of time to buy it) for these two and the third.

Personally, I'm going to spectate as to the third Valentines animal: since we've got a cat (Smitten Kitten), a bear (Cherub Cub), an armadillo (second individual prize), a bird (Love Dove), a lion (Valentiger) and a manticore (third individual prize), I'm going to make a guess that the third animal will be based off of either the pony or deer type. Maybe a horse, maybe another deer, maybe something else equine or ungulate. Since the other two are basic types (not exotic animals, doves or cats, I mean) I'm going to hazard a guess that it might be based off a domestic critter as well.

Any predictions for the third one?

Executive Chef
    You're probably right, I would guess a horse - horse/deer and ferret clones are the ones they haven't used yet for Valentine's. I guess it could be another elephant or pig animal as well... hopefully not. Of them, I'd most prefer a horse, I think. Although there are many of them, they are always very pretty. I don't really care for yet another deer or pig and definitely not a ferret clone unless it was quite unique (not even sure that would be possible).

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast