Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Psyena - Flash Tournament 1-30-15

My Results

Round 1 armadillo (e/f) used blizzard level 10 (e/w) earth critical
    Round 2 pyro pony lv 4 (f) used blizzard level 10 (e/w) w strong, e strong, w critical
    Round 3 sea lion lv 4 (d/w) used lightning leopard level 10 l strong, l strong, l critical
    Round 4 holly collie lv 7 (n/f) used steamtrunk level 10 f strong, w critical
    Round 5 spruce moose lv 10 used magmacore level 15 f critical
    Round 6 eagle beagle (e/n) used vinotaur level 15 (n neutral, f strong, f strong) lost
    Try #2 used merry cat level 10 (f strong, f strong, f critical
    Round 7 rampage lv 12 (e/f) used blizard lv 10 (e strong, e strong, w strong) lost
    Try #2 used glacial griffin lv 10 ( w strong, e strong, w critical)
    Round 8 blizard lv 16 (e/w) used ???
    Round 9 golden retriever lv 18 used unicorn lv 15 g weak, g weak, g weak lost
    Try #2 emerald dragon n critical, n strong, n strong
    Round 10 confetti yeti (l/w) used ampeater lv 10 (e strong, e strong, e strong) lost
    Try #2 used emerald dragon lv 15 (n neutral, g neutral, g neutral) lost
    Try #3 used thorilla lv 10 ( e strong, e strong, lightening strong)
    Try #4 used ampeater lv 10 (e strong, e critical)
    Round 11 sapphire Cthulhu (g/w) sea drake lv 10 ( d strong, d strong, d strong) lost
    Try #2 used hippogryph lv 10 ( l strong, w neutral, l strong) lost
    Try #3 used gold lion lv 10 (e strong, f weak, e strong) lost
    Try #4 used zapra lv 8 (d strong, l strong, l strong) lost
    Try #5 used hippogryph lv 10 ( l strong, l strong, l strong) lost
    Round 12 psyena (d/w)
    Last edited by green_eyes9999; 01-30-15 at 03:37 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Melis2a84 View Post
    Hey guys

Finished the tourney

Round 1 armadillo beaten by pheasant
    Round 2 pyro beaten by conducktor
    Round 3 sea lion beaten by ampeater
    Round 4 Hollie collie beaten by unicorn
    Round 5 spruce mouse beaten by toucan
    Round 6 eaglebeagle beaten by merry cat
    Round 7 rampage beaten by iciclaw
    Round 8 blizard beaten by sloth
    Round 9 goldie beaten by unicorn
    Round 10 confetti yeti beaten by planters
    Round 11 sapphire Cthulhu beaten by zapra
    Round 12 PSYENA beaten by daredevil

Here is the egg

Attachment 17958
    Quote Originally Posted by A2TUDE View Post
    Here's my little PSYENA

18hrs dark water Evo 19hrs

Attachment 17957
    Congrats Team Australia !!
    The egg is very cute

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodelle View Post
    Yeah, I have had to speed through almost all flash tournaments. I think they've all cost me gems, some of them costing me 30-40 gems. (Normally I give myself a few hours before the tournament ends and start speeding through it every 15m for 3 gems each. So far this has been a better deal than straight up ultimate-hitting something, especially if I'm still a few rounds away from the end.)
    It's been a long time since I sped a tournament, but I always tried to let 15-30 minutes go by, as well, to give myself more time without directly speeding. I only ever did that on the last day, as well.

After looking at the opponents, it will be Retriever and/or Cthulhu that will stick people. I could *maybe* save some gems by speeding every 15-30 minutes and trying to get past them, but time is probably more valuable to me at this point. Time and having less stress.

I almost want to write a guide for dealing with the unfairness of the flash tournament and the probability that gems will need to be spent... and how to do it most effectively. Maybe I'll get around to that someday and stick it in the first post along with the table. At the very least, I want to put WARNING - WILL LIKELY REQUIRE GEMS, so that people don't play and waste their time with the likely false impression that they can win totally without spending any gems.

Who here has actually won a flash (2 day) tournament spending no gems? Anyone? I genuinely am curious to know if I'm correct about it being extremely unlikely. I know there's a slim chance, but I just think quite unlikely.
    Last edited by readysetgo888; 01-30-15 at 01:54 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by readysetgo888 View Post
    It's been a long time since I sped a tournament, but I always tried to let 15-30 minutes go by, as well, to give myself more time without directly speeding. I only ever did that on the last day, as well.

After looking at the opponents, it will be Retriever and/or Cthulhu that will stick people. I could *maybe* save some gems by speeding every 15-30 minutes and trying to get past them, but time is probably more valuable to me at this point. Time and having less stress.

I almost want to write a guide for dealing with the unfairness of the flash tournament and the probability that gems will need to be spent... and how to do it most effectively. Maybe I'll get around to that someday and stick it in the first post along with the table. At the very least, I want to put WARNING - WILL LIKELY REQUIRE GEMS, so that people don't play and waste their time with the likely false impression that they can win totally without spending any gems.

Who here has actually won a flash tournament spending no gems? Anyone? I genuinely am curious to know if I'm correct about it being extremely unlikely. I know there's a slim chance, but I just think quite unlikely.

I won the first several without gems, now I just don't care anymore, I haven't even tried on the last few tournaments.

Executive Chef
    Lost twice in round 1

I cant believe this happening

Executive Chef
    Who here has actually won a flash tournament spending no gems? Anyone? I genuinely am curious to know if I'm correct about it being extremely unlikely. I know there's a slim chance, but I just think quite unlikely.
    I refuse to spend gems to win a tournament and have won every one. Have never used an ultimate attack and never will.
    Main id: squinn1981

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cquinn32 View Post
    I refuse to spend gems to win a tournament and have won every one. Have never used an ultimate attack and never will.
    The flash tournaments, too? Because I know it's totally possible to win the 6 day tournaments without spending gems... I've done it several times, but not the 2 day tournaments.

That would be Steamtrunk, Yule Mule, or Ampeater, unless I'm forgetting one. If you've beat all those with no gems, that's some pretty awesome luck right there and I'm a bit jealous .

Rhino Keeper
    Below is pictures of my new Psyena, (Raven) hatching time is 18 hours and evolve time is 19 hours!!!

Fashion Designer
    I'm going to try to do as much as possible without gems, but 3 of the TL Valentine edition games from last year have re-popped up for me again this year to download again for gems (90 in total) so I've actually got some free gems to spend for a change!

Rhino Keeper
    The flash tournaments, too? Because I know it's totally possible to win the 6 day tournaments without spending gems... I've done it several times, but not the 2 day tournaments.

That would be Steamtrunk, Yule Mule, or Ampeater, unless I'm forgetting one. If you've beat all those with no gems, that's some pretty awesome luck right there and I'm a bit jealous .

I've beaten one of the flash tournaments without gems, it was steamtrunk, had off from work when it came out, won it on last day around 7 pm my time!!!! It's hard to do it without gems, having high level creatures helps out alot, plus you have to play it on every hour except 7 hours of sleeptime lol!!!

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast