Page 90 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394 ... LastLast

Thread: Farm Story 2: Valentine's Day Event 1-30-15 IOS

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Aernak View Post
    Ugh i cant beleive so many people ended up with no pets
    I am not surprised at all. The game is designed so that players don't get the pets and this particular event this has been more evident than before with some of the devious methods TL has used. All the time players don't have the pets, they will spend money on value packs and using gems to complete collections. If they get the pets, the income stops and this is not what TL wants.

Some players get the pets straight away and this provides the motivation for others to spend their money to complete collections but there will be people who no matter what they do or how much they spend, they will never get the prizes.

All the time people spend money on these lotteries of (rigged) chances, TL will make events like this. It's the newer players they get because players who have done this before, know they are wasting their money.

My advice for playing this game is if you want to spend money getting pets buy the ones in the market or the tree house game where you are guaranteed to get something you want.

Again there are many disappointed players this event and despite calls from us for more fairness in these events, TL continues with the lottery. Interestingly in Castle Story they have removed game content which some players got after a glitch. It's upset many people but TL claim they have done it for fairness to players. Hypocrisy!
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnieKatz View Post
    Is it just me or have others noticed this too. I finished the quest on sat. and got my cat. But I continue to make stuff for the collection. I've noticed that yesterday the drop rate on everything has greatly increased, and I'm winning the "better" prizes, like the topiary lantern, and the trellis. My collection stash is HUGE. Do they all disapear when the event is over????
    I finished cat quest this morning - used 6 gems to complete bcause I did not want to spend my entire day today stalking for those last 2 iron. I plan to turn in a few collections today and I will let you know!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ciarjen View Post
    I am not surprised at all.
    I guess you are right. I guess I am not completely surprised either. I have been playing TL games awhile and they pull these antics with all of their games. I guess what surprises me though is that they made BOTH pets nearly impossibly to get. I truly thought that with some hard work, people could at least walk away with the cat from the quest, and that the dog would be the item many didnt get because of bad luck w the collections. The way they designed that last quest with needing SO MANY nearly impossible mining items and those miserable wreaths was just the lowest of the low. I dont feel the quest portion of this event should have been luck based. (Low pick drop rate, followed by low iron drop rate, combined with horrid wreath success rate...) Keep the collection luck based - fine - but at least let people work hard and earn their cat with hard work.

Rhino Keeper
    After having this game for a year and a half this is tbe first quest I actively pursued. I didn't get a pet and I see some got both and some got multiples. I bought gems to get the kissing booth at half price. I'm dissappointed and probably won't do this again. I'll stick to helping others by selling quest stuff cheap in my shop. Congrats to those who got the pets!

Host(ess)
    I've had HORRIBLE luck with the valentines bait and drops from the pond. If anyone is generous enough to sell me one. Or, even a few, I would love you forever. Thanks.

Rhino Keeper
    Ive got both pets now and will get the picnic im missing from the hogs and kisses quest soon so im not bothering with more collections
    So now ive got some spare valentines bait i can sell and a few silver, ill put them up for sale when i get some space in my shop
    Making more bait too so ill add it as its done
    Last edited by kirsty050; 02-16-15 at 09:21 AM.
    I play farm story 2 so feel free to add me, more neighbours is always a good thing ^-^
    Storm8 ID: kirsty050
    In game name: Acalaria

Farm Supplier
    I have done a few events before this. This is the first one I have given up on. I Have a BIG suggestion for TL!!!!!! Its ok if everyone doesn't get a pet. What I didn't like was that after making the bait, I got tons of anchovies. YIEKS!!!!! At least give a wreath for every bait. Then its ok if we just get deco. At least its not wasted. This event reminded me of the Carnival event. I know I got tons of tiles. But I loved them. I didn't care for the bigger deco. I wish there was some tiles from this one. Here I liked the heart candles and I got only 3. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo not bad event if u change what you get with the bait.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Aernak View Post
    I guess you are right. I guess I am not completely surprised either. I have been playing TL games awhile and they pull these antics with all of their games. I guess what surprises me though is that they made BOTH pets nearly impossibly to get. I truly thought that with some hard work, people could at least walk away with the cat from the quest, and that the dog would be the item many didnt get because of bad luck w the collections. The way they designed that last quest with needing SO MANY nearly impossible mining items and those miserable wreaths was just the lowest of the low. I dont feel the quest portion of this event should have been luck based. (Low pick drop rate, followed by low iron drop rate, combined with horrid wreath success rate...) Keep the collection luck based - fine - but at least let people work hard and earn their cat with hard work.
    If they had let people know at the start of the event that the quests eventually led to a pet it would have been very different but they held that information back until people had sold all the stuff that they had made, not bothering to do the other quests and used up any wreaths they had by completing collections.

They tried to trick players at every step of the way. There's nothing nice about that. It just leaves you with an unpleasant, uneasy feeling about all of it.

As to the Valentine bait well that was just a deliberate con.

This is a great game and has huge potential but while TL continue to operate events like it will just drive players away and generate complaints.
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Valentine's Event

Seeing as this is the last day for this I have a question. What happens to the stuff we've collected and can't turn in?? I have lots of everything else but zero wreaths. Haven't been able to get wreaths since the first couple days of this event. I am also one of the many who has gotten zero pets which is frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by goblnzrreal View Post
    I've had HORRIBLE luck with the valentines bait and drops from the pond. If anyone is generous enough to sell me one. Or, even a few, I would love you forever. Thanks.
    Me too, I have gotten only 2 wreaths from the bait and I have made LOTS. It is a nice idea to have special bait since we won't waste our other bait on parts if we really want fish. But anchovies for valentine bait was a low blow. My advice for future events is that we can earn tokens as rewards and then choose the gift we want. That way we could save up for a pet or buy the decorations that we like. I really dislike the random rewards. That is why I never turned in my balloon tickets and I have loads saved up. At least in the treehouse you can decide if the reward is worth it or not. That is where I end up spending my gems.