Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warning: Do not unlock cucumbers/mayo

Exclamation Warning: Do not unlock cucumbers/mayo

Of course, you may choose to if you'd like, but doing so will ruin your street market.

For whatever reason, cucumbers and mayo appear to completely take over the street market after they are unlocked. Since they are used in a relatively small number of recipes, it's not currently worth it to unlock them if you are using the market as a source for longer term items such as onions and potatoes.

Just trying to save newer players from my mistake. For more on this (or just to see lots of sad cucumber-filled pictures), check the later pages of this thread.

In short, it's a trap!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	17843Click image for larger version. 

Views:	57 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	17844

Farm Supplier
    Thanks. I've been following the other thread, so I haven't unlocked them yet.

Rhino Keeper
    Unlock cucumbers at 29. Unlock mayo right away, tuna sandwiches are amazing.

Edit: do not unlock peas until 31, meatloaf is a terrible recipe and I get a lot of peas in my street market.
    Last edited by deucedeuce22; 01-23-15 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deucedeuce22 View Post
    Unlock mayo right away, tuna sandwiches are amazing.
    Are they? I've been avoiding them because of how much cucumbers have ruined my life. :P

But no matter how good mayo is, don't unlock it until you have the fish market unlocked. There's no reason to have it before then and I'm pretty sure mayo unlocks at 24 even though you can't get fish until 25.
    Last edited by fatbearsecondary; 01-23-15 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twinmommy03 View Post
    Thanks. I've been following the other thread, so I haven't unlocked them yet.
    Yeah, I wanted to make this out of the other thread b/c it's kind of buried towards the end, so if folks don't read all 6 pages, they might not know. Or do what I did, and only show up to the forums after going "hey, I sure do get a lot of cucumbers, I wonder if this is a bug or something!" ...doh!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbearsecondary View Post
    Are they? I've been avoiding them because of how much cucumbers have ruined my life. :P

But no matter how good mayo is, don't unlock it until you have the fish market unlocked. There's no reason to have it before then and I'm pretty sure mayo unlocks at 24 even though you can't get fish until 25.
    Tuna is on a short timer, if your street market has mayo unlocked, you can make tuna sandwiches with no downtime. 5 coins per serving, good experience, it's amazing. You aren't using tuna for other recipes for a few levels.

Unhappy Marketplace Bug

Marketplace used to be one of my favourite things in this game, like ingredients lottery. Ever since I unlocked cucumber they have taken over, sometimes even 3 out of 4 slots being a bloody cucumber. I unlocked mayo, even though I had no recipes at the time using it, and now it too has taken over my marketplace. Can someone please address this bug, its ruining half the fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	48 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	18323   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	44 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	18324   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	38 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	18325   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	39 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	18326   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	30 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	18327  

Nightclub Owner
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....-Street-market

That has been discussed many times. See that link and near the end of the discussion for most players having similar issues. Once you level up and more ingredients open up, they tend to not take over the market, but until then, it seems we have to suffer through it.

I keep getting eggs and bread along with cucumbers and mayo, so it's a bit frustrating but I've read it does get better.

Nightclub Owner
    Just as an example, my street market right now is showing:

Cucumber 38, 31, 43, 43
    Egg 2
    Flour 20

As you can see, my first 4 slots are nothing but cucumber. *shrugs*

Rhino Keeper
    Im about to hit level 41 and mine never consists of anything but eggs, bread, cheese, mayo, tomatoes, cucumbers and noodles. Maybe just be my awesome luck (insert sarcasm) but for me the street market isnt at all better. Sucks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast